MAJOR Slimefun issues (again!)

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
So, I logged on this morning to find nearly half of all my Slimefun machines completely dead. Dozens of Electric Ingot Factories, Automatic crafting chambers, Electric Smelteries, Heated Pressure Chambers, and ALL of my carbon presses. Also, almost all of my input, output, advanced output, and connector nodes have all turned into heads. Not to mention that most of my energy capacitors have turned into non-functioning heads as well. I don't know if this is somehow related, but I've also noticed that many of my item frames above or near my Slimefun machines have also disappeared. My entire Slimefun system is no longer functioning!!!! I GIVE UP!

This problem used to be somewhat limited to input nodes and the occasional machine that would break. But, this has become absolutely ridiculous!!! I was constantly replacing input nodes, but now this is just too much. Many of my machines were max level machines, meaning they required blistering ingots. All that time, money, and effort spent on acquiring nether stars down the tubes! All the time and effort building my systems just to have them fail--not worth it!

Will this issue ever be fixed?

T

Trump15024

I would suggest screenshots and proof of it if you want a chance to get it resolved

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
There's no need to provide screenshots. There's no need to prove anything. This is a known issue, which has seemed to have escalated recently. Sorry, but this is a technical glich which simple screenshots are just not going to help solve.

T

Trump15024

There's no need to provide screenshots. There's no need to prove anything. This is a known issue, which has seemed to have been escalated recently.
You will likely not get any of the items back it says in the format that you must have evidence

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
@nibble If you see this. Have you tried submitting an issue on the Slimefun's Github page about this problem? It's hard to believe that this issue is limited only to this server....

Reactions: Powerfull
T

Trump15024

@nibble If you see this. Have you tried submitting an issue on the Slimefun's Github page about this problem? It's hard to believe that this issue is limited only to this server....
Please post screenshots or evidence so Nibble and staff can see and better assist you and can possibly show Github what's going on

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
Please post screenshots or evidence so Nibble and staff can see and better assist you and can possibly show Github what's going on
I know you're only trying to help. Thank You. It's just been a regular issue for awhile now, and becoming super frustrating. It's not anything new that I really need to show evidence for at this point. That's already been done before.

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
This is really a common glitch for any server that uses slimefun. Not much can be done about it (Even the author of the plugin typically ignores these issues when brought up).

Reactions: Trump15024

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
Well that's not good! I'm more than willing to fork the project and attempt to fix the glitch. If I took the effort to do this, would you be willing to update it on the server to a more stable version? We would of course do testing in a sandbox environment first. Let me know.

D

Deleted member 832

Sadly TheBusyyBiscuit is retired from the plugin and the wiki staff are no help.
I saw a fix for this from a guy on another forum. It’s something about worldguard corruption. He had a string of code or something

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
Well, according to the @TheDiamondTiger, the problem stems from the armor stand which "stores" the data. Not exactly sure why the developers of Slimefun thought that was a good idea! To fix the issue, I think the mechanism for storing the data should be changed. Instead of an invisible armor stand, the data can simply be stored to file, exactly like a vanilla chest. This would eliminate the "broken" armor stand issue and make Slimefun much, much more stable.

Unfortunately, I guess it seems like @nibble isn't too keen on my assistance. If you guys don't want my help or don't trust me for whatever reason, at the very least try to fix the issue yourselves! Changing the way the Slimefun data is stored is the solution here. Eliminate the armor stand and store the data to file--this might even help to reduce lag a bit. There's already an abstract class in the source that handles most of this. It shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Reactions: Powerfull

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
You could fork the project and attempt to fix it if you'd like. I'm sure you know slimefun better than I do. I don't have enough time to look into a large project like slimefun at the moment.

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
I've actually looked through slimefun today and found out a few things:

• Slimefun does indeed store machine locations on a file
  • There are two defined "reasons" for the machines to break: explosion or player

D

Deleted member 832

I've actually looked through slimefun today and found out a few things:

• Slimefun does indeed store machine locations on a file
  • There are two defined "reasons" for the machines to break: explosion or player
The dev retired- I’ve tried speaking to him, he’s a major piece of work, banned me faster than you could say Union Jack.