IMPORTANT McCities Official Government

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
As a City Roleplay server, we believe that the players deserve some say in what happens on the server. This is why we are introducing the McCIties Official Server Government.

The McCities Government will be split into 3 branches. Each branch representing a different part of the server. The three branches are as follows..

Executive Branch - The Executive Branch is most commonly known as the leaders of the government. The Executive Branch includes roles such as President, Vice President, and the Secretary of Server.
This branch will be overseen by Faheem (JustYourTypical).

Legislative Branch - The Legislative Branch is most commonly known as the lawmakers of the government. The Legislative Branch has two sides. The Senate and The House of Representatives (Congress).
This branch will be overseen by trump15024.

Judicial Branch - The Judicial Branch is most commonly known as the main courts of the government. The Judicial Branch includes roles such as public defenders, accusers, and regular judges.
This branch will be overseen by MehLife.

The government are all sort of like “mini-ministers”. They have a lot of power!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, let’s take a deeper at look at each role and their responsibilities / guidelines.
REMEMBER! You will not get a server rank for these. But, you will be recognized.
REMEMBER! Every role in the government will be re-elected every 2 months.

President (1 Player)
This player is responsible for representing the server as a whole. This player will be able to represent all of the player’s needs or wants. This player will be able to message high staff at any time to propose any concern or new idea that the players have. Proposals can include builds, rules, laws, etc.. This player must be a responsible person and must be active.

Vice President (1 Player)
This player will assist the president in their duties. This player is responsible for keeping the Executive Branch meeting regularly on discord (or whenever you can) to discuss needs of players. This player will also be able to message high staff at any time to propose concerns or new ideas. This player must be responsible and active.

Secretary of Server (1 Player)
This player will be responsible for the communication between players, the government, and the staff of the server. This player will be responsible in addressing all players needs to the rest of the government. This player must be very active and responsible.

Congress (Senate / House) (5 Players)
These players will be responsible for contacting staff and the minister of security to propose new laws, rules, and other decisions that the players and government believe should be added to the server. These players will be responsible in contacting the Executive Branch if any actions are not being taken that should be. These players must be at least semi-active and responsible.

Public Defender (1 Player)
The public defender will be the official server defender for people being accused of breaking server laws when a court trial is active. If another private lawyer (lawyer company) is not available, this player will be the automatic defender. This player must be active and responsible.

Public Accuser (1 Player)
The public accuser will be the official server accuser for people being accused of breaking server laws when a court trial is active. This player will be responsible in listing the main reasons why a defendant should be jailed and trying to convince the jury of what they did wrong.

Judges (2 Players)
These players will be responsible for hosting court trials whenever they are online and think someone should be tried for their crimes committed. They will have a script to go off of and will be responsible in hosting the court trials actively. If a player doesn’t show up, police have 20 minutes to catch that person with a $20,000 bail. These players must be very active and very responsible.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run for Government: https://forms.gle/YKF76jSXBfR7Hv4D9

Elections will take place from May 1st, 2019 - May 2nd, 2019.
Winners for the first election will be announced on May 3rd, 2019.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Comments

Status

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
lmao what if the goverment makes crime legal though, what if thw maffia makes their way into the goverment and thereby control the city?

vote MadGalaxie to protect your beautifull country!
(usa usa usa)
its not even a country....
Wello I am taking something too serious xd

Reactions: mabes

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Its not even politics, just power.

This isn’t roleplay nor does the city fall into that partition anyways. Its all just power honestly and the people on top just have a bigger say on things except that people already had that before its just now there are only a selected few. Sadly that is the reality. “School” isnt a school. Its a military camp, its ran by police which isn’t realistic nor would it be realistic if a criminal ran it but look here people who are already police and teacher running for government positons. Even weirder, its not just roleplay anymore its all just power, everyone wants to be on top its an undeniable fact. I feel like this was something “TheAnonymous” was trying to point out. I don’t bother to expound on this cause its reflected on how the place is ran. If anything this government is just gonna be another avenue of borders where people aren’t really heard out but neglected. In the end you don’t always support peoples ideas so don’t say you do cause I know you won’t. The only reason I am running is to place myself in a higher position to bring change because this is the only way my ideas can get through faster and thats just about it. My ideas were reasonable but turned down, Im not expecting it would work but I know that placing myself in a higher scale will allow me to have a chance of getting ideas that will help the server change. I will listen to your ideas but don’t expect me to push for them. I play by reason. This sounds oddly depressing but its a hard fact you need to accept and thats why I am running as McCities Senator.

I am pretty sure this probably placed me in a worst position but Im not here to be your Fairy Godmother sprinkling Pixie Dust but rather I will be there fighting for something that should have been done a long time ago.

T

Trump15024

This isn’t roleplay nor does the city fall into that partition anyways. Its all just power honestly and the people on top just have a bigger say on things except that people already had that before its just now there are only a selected few. Sadly that is the reality. “School” isnt a school. Its a military camp, its ran by police which isn’t realistic nor would it be realistic if a criminal ran it but look here people who are already police and teacher running for government positons. Even weirder, its not just roleplay anymore its all just power, everyone wants to be on top its an undeniable fact. I feel like this was something “TheAnonymous” was trying to point out. I don’t bother to expound on this cause its reflected on how the place is ran. If anything this government is just gonna be another avenue of borders where people aren’t really heard out but neglected. In the end you don’t always support peoples ideas so don’t say you do cause I know you won’t. The only reason I am running is to place myself in a higher position to bring change because this is the only way my ideas can get through faster and thats just about it. My ideas were reasonable but turned down, Im not expecting it would work but I know that placing myself in a higher scale will allow me to have a chance of getting ideas that will help the server change. I will listen to your ideas but don’t expect me to push for them. I play by reason. This sounds oddly depressing but its a hard fact you need to accept and thats why I am running as McCities Senator.

I am pretty sure this probably placed me in a worst position but Im not here to be your Fairy Godmother sprinkling Pixie Dust but rather I will be there fighting for something that should have been done a long time ago.
Not really following what you are saying. "Its all just power honestly and the people on top just have a bigger say on things except that people already had that before its just now there are only a selected few". Unfortunately, players can't always have a direct vote on all suggestions, rule changes, and law changes (reflected in a direct democracy in some local towns in for example the United States where citizens directly vote on things). So the government allows the people to directly vote for other players running to represent them in higher affairs of the server. For example, I might vote for you for secretary because you want everyone to get 1m a week (ik just an example). I voted for you or whoever because we share the same views on what the server is facing and I trust you to make the right decisions. So basically this government is a representative democracy where people vote to elect other people to put them in a governing body to represent them in law making and decision making.

About the power issue, I am not sure the point of saying players will get more power in the government. The point of being elected to a government or decision making body is to inherit power from the voters to make decisions for the group who elected you (the point of a government so a hierarchy with the citizens giving you the power).

Casual

devilu
devilu
Aug 25, 2017
Minecraft
Im still on the other topic, McCities has done and tried to do a lot of things and most of them didn't work out, i agree with Dwimmer on this one because so many different people join in one day but you never see them online. The problem is that people always think that staff never listen to what they say or that their too busy to, but i know that at some point they talk about that privately.

A lot of people and i mean most of the players in McCities think that if a player suggests or comments to a staff member that they wont be heard which is why we need the government. The government can help a normal player talk to another and have a full on, one on one conversation about why they think its a good idea. Because of course staff might be busy with updates or forum posts and applications this is another way to keep the server active and healthy, honestly and for the people who are too "shy" or afraid to apply to the "big" jobs such as officer, staff, arch etc this is a time to shine for everyone. And from what i know some people who will get the roles they applied for will take it for granted to have "power" as Death pointed out but i think in most ways it'll work out as long as staff or Typical does something about the people who aren't doing what they said they will in their application. Mostly for the people that applied they applied for something they think or they are actually good at, like Judge you apply if your good at making both sides equal on what they did, personally i applied for Vice President because i don't want to be the most person with power neither the least. Literally all McCities needed at the point and time was a government but if you think about it you would listen to someone else's suggestion because their just as normal/equal as you are.

Last edited:

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Calling it a powergroup makes no sense, as it's actually just a way to give some players the ability to make the changes themselfs, without having to wait for a staffmember to do it. They don't get to do what they like by themselfs.

The goverment would Represent the players and make sure their ideas are heard and brought into reality. You vote for players you trust will listen to you and be capable of carrying out the ideas in the right way.

the goverment has no use, if its not used properly.
but it has the potential to be one of the most important aspects of the server for the future. :)

I think adding some more roleplay to the goverment would be super fun.
think about,
-public debates
-Interviews
-Posters (your head plus 1 sign at the warps)

this would just be to make it more open and make sure as many people get to know about these elections as possible.

Casual

devilu
devilu
Aug 25, 2017
Minecraft
Calling it a powergroup makes no sense, as it's actually just a way to give some players the ability to make the changes themselfs, without having to wait for a staffmember to do it. They don't get to do what they like by themselfs.

The goverment would Represent the players and make sure their ideas are heard and brought into reality. You vote for players you trust will listen to you and be capable of carrying out the ideas in the right way.

the goverment has no use, if its not used properly.
but it has the potential to be one of the most important aspects of the server for the future. :)

I think adding some more roleplay to the goverment would be super fun.
think about,
-public debates
-Interviews
-Posters (your head plus 1 sign at the warps)

this would just be to make it more open and make sure as many people get to know about these elections as possible.
Let's hope that it does work out or get used properly since this could turn out to be a really big change for McCities if people didn't fool around and think its a joke.

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano

Ok um, you are so wrong. This is the one time the server gave power to its players to be able to change rules and other things on the server. Not everything is a struggle for power or whatever you’re implying. Theres a system and with the system the majority always wins. So its not about whos president and whos not. Its about the majority. Anyways, what im trying to say is think about this in a different point of view and you will see what i mean. For once there isnt a hidden conspiracy or a hidden agenda. This is something new that could change the path the server is on forever. Good or bad? We will have to wait to find out.

mabes

Former Staff
Verified
mabelqines
mabelqines
Jun 12, 2018
I know this might be irrelevant because elections are today, but I still think this is a good topic to discuss.
I think this government is an awesome idea to help see more perspectives around the server (not just one side or another). I really hope that the servers population doesn’t vote for someone who is either power hungry and has no intention of helping the server, or someone just asking for votes, because for me personally you should EARN the vote, not win because you asked.
I’ve always been afraid of talking to the staff members about problems I saw in the server, because I always thought I would be banned. In fact, recently I was scared out of my mind that staff would hate me for talking to them about problems I saw myself.
Secretary is an extremely important position. It is essentially listening to ideas from all the players of this server and talking to the staff about them. I think it’s super important because for the longest time i was scared to raise my voice, and I was also afraid to lose friends because of it. Being secretary will allow smaller voices to be heard, which might help the server change for the better...

I’m not sure where this rant was going, but all of that was why I wanted to be secretary, to help share not just my voice but others as well. I don’t care about the power, I just want all of us to have fun playing Minecraft...
I wrote this in notes that’s why it looks weird

T

Trump15024

I know this might be irrelevant because elections are today, but I still think this is a good topic to discuss.
I think this government is an awesome idea to help see more perspectives around the server (not just one side or another). I really hope that the servers population doesn’t vote for someone who is either power hungry and has no intention of helping the server, or someone just asking for votes, because for me personally you should EARN the vote, not win because you asked.
I’ve always been afraid of talking to the staff members about problems I saw in the server, because I always thought I would be banned. In fact, recently I was scared out of my mind that staff would hate me for talking to them about problems I saw myself.
Secretary is an extremely important position. It is essentially listening to ideas from all the players of this server and talking to the staff about them. I think it’s super important because for the longest time i was scared to raise my voice, and I was also afraid to lose friends because of it. Being secretary will allow smaller voices to be heard, which might help the server change for the better...

I’m not sure where this rant was going, but all of that was why I wanted to be secretary, to help share not just my voice but others as well. I don’t care about the power, I just want all of us to have fun playing Minecraft...
I wrote this in notes that’s why it looks weird
Tiny writing contest!!??

Status