More plots

Jabu

MisterColin
MisterColin
Dec 22, 2016
Canada
I know.. there has been a bunch of posts like this, but seriously this needs to happen. Please read the entire idea. We need more plots for the noobs. Have any of you noticed that a couple months ago we were able to hit 100+ players? Now we can barely even hit 50. Wanna know why? Because all the noobs are leaving since they cant make the money to buy even the smallest houses because the plot prices sky rocketed due to the plot crisis.

I know that there will be rich people trying to make easy money off this by buying the plots the second they come out. But what I propose is a new staff member, I'm not sure what to call this staff member but basically what their job is to hold on to a lot of plots and sell them to newer players for an appropriate price so the rich people don't get them.

I personally believe that this will help stable the economy a great deal. @nibble both of us know that there is plenty of flat space in golden oaks that is unregioned for new plots. And there even is some unregioned houses that could be sold as well.

This is my idea thank you for reading this and I seriously hope this is considered. I know many people can agree on this.

T

Trump15024

I know.. there has been a bunch of posts like this, but seriously this needs to happen. Please read the entire idea. We need more plots for the noobs. Have any of you noticed that a couple months ago we were able to hit 100+ players? Now we can barely even hit 50. Wanna know why? Because all the noobs are leaving since they cant make the money to buy even the smallest houses because the plot prices sky rocketed due to the plot crisis.

I know that there will be rich people trying to make easy money off this by buying the plots the second they come out. But what I propose is a new staff member, I'm not sure what to call this staff member but basically what their job is to hold on to a lot of plots and sell them to newer players for an appropriate price so the rich people don't get them.

I personally believe that this will help stable the economy a great deal. @nibble both of us know that there is plenty of flat space in golden oaks that is unregioned for new plots. And there even is some unregioned houses that could be sold as well.

This is my idea thank you for reading this and I seriously hope this is considered.
I do agree with this post I think it might be necessary for maybe a minister of plots or something and their job is to report land that can be regioned and help control plot prices. I do agree there are a lot of unregioned areas in golden oaks and I think we need to add more islands for plots.

Reactions: Powerfull and Jabu

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Agreed! This would be super helpful towards the economy, except, what staff would that be? You need someone trustworthy to do it, and they would make heaps of MOOLAH off of it xD

Anyone get that fam reference? I do xD

CP42

Reactions: Jabu

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I think that it's an bad idea cus whatever you do it wil always come back to the point where the plot prices are high again. Thats the way economy works, what i do think can change are the jobs. Because the jobs loans don't go up with the prices of the plots so new people don't make enough monney to buy plots. But i just wan't to say that new plots will not help the economy and that most people can rent an nice apartment for an good price so it's just the fact that new people are to lazy to work hard to rent an aparment and work harder, trade and make more monney so eventually you can buy a house. It has to be an special moment and if you can make 10k in an hour and an plots is 10k everybody wil live in an house and then what? The rest of the stuff is still worth way more. You guys have to google Economy and read wikipedia. Cus you guys really don't get the purpose of economy price rising. It's only the sign of an good economy

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
I think that it's an bad idea cus whatever you do it wil always come back to the point where the plot prices are high again. Thats the way economy works, what i do think can change are the jobs. Because the jobs loans don't go up with the prices of the plots so new people don't make enough monney to buy plots. But i just wan't to say that new plots will not help the economy and that most people can rent an nice apartment for an good price so it's just the fact that new people are to lazy to work hard to rent an aparment and work harder, trade and make more monney so eventually you can buy a house. It has to be an special moment and if you can make 10k in an hour and an plots is 10k everybody wil live in an house and then what? The rest of the stuff is still worth way more. You guys have to google Economy and read wikipedia. Cus you guys really don't get the purpose of economy price rising. It's only the sign of an good economy
ok, first off, thank you for your input. The economy has been rising for about a year less than forever now xD. When I played in early June, mmh24 was worth 100k. I barely sold it for that. Now, its on resale for 400k. People are also not too lazy, its just that, like you said, jobs do not give u a ton of money. I think that when you level up in a job you should get a large paycheck, or a much larger increase in money earned. When farmers got 30k from 1 hr, that was better. Now, when u sell 4 potatoes for 16 dollars or whatever it is, you earn maybe 5k max in an hr.

Also, for the record, wiki is not the source to go to when trying to prove your point. While a rising eco is good, sometimes its bad. Players take advantage and sell for a ton. I still agree that there should be more plots.

Thanks,

CP42

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
ok, first off, thank you for your input. The economy has been rising for about a year less than forever now xD. When I played in early June, mmh24 was worth 100k. I barely sold it for that. Now, its on resale for 400k. People are also not too lazy, its just that, like you said, jobs do not give u a ton of money. I think that when you level up in a job you should get a large paycheck, or a much larger increase in money earned. When farmers got 30k from 1 hr, that was better. Now, when u sell 4 potatoes for 16 dollars or whatever it is, you earn maybe 5k max in an hr.

Also, for the record, wiki is not the source to go to when trying to prove your point. While a rising eco is good, sometimes its bad. Players take advantage and sell for a ton. I still agree that there should be more plots.

Thanks,

CP42
The Wiki was sarcastic but it's more about the point that a lot of people just say that prices have to go down and more plots have to be added but the consequences that the change in the economy wil make. And Bank robbing comes back so i think that will also boost the economy. If the staff would try to change the plot prices they would have to buy up all the plots, otherwise a lot of people wil lose a lot of monney they invested in their plots.

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
Here's some ideas:

• Property taxes - people would get rid of properties they don't use/need
  • Rank restriction of lower tier plots (I don't see how this could work though considering people will rank up)
  • Tiny purchasable apartments
Let me know what seems better.

Optic

lykkee
lykkee
Jan 6, 2017
another server e.e
idontmind.com
I like the property taxes idea but about how much tax would there be on each plot? Would larger plots have more taxes and smaller plots have smaller taxes or would they all be the same?

T

Trump15024

Here's some ideas:

• Property taxes - people would get rid of properties they don't use/need
  • Rank restriction of lower tier plots (I don't see how this could work though considering people will rank up)
  • Tiny purchasable apartments
Let me know what seems better.
I think the first idea seems reasonable

Marshmallowsmalk

Marshmallowsmalk
Marshmallowsmalk
May 19, 2017
Ireland
Ooo I like the taxing idea, imma go broke for that xD
But honestly, the tiny apt’s seem like a god thing so newbies have a perm place to stay and find another plot in the meantime. Funnnn

Reactions: Jabu and Powerfull

__Remy

TotallyNotRemy
TotallyNotRemy
Feb 18, 2017
The Titanic
property taxes are a bad idea as innocent poor player's would loose their only plot as they cannot afford to pay it, Jabu's idea is best. Also player's do not want tiny apartments any more, they want plots and right now that is close to impossible due to overpriced/lack of plots.

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
property taxes are a bad idea as innocent poor player's would loose their only plot as they cannot afford to pay it, Jabu's idea is best. Also player's do not want tiny apartments any more, they want plots and right now that is close to impossible due to overpriced/lack of plots.
but they are apts that are able to be bought

__Remy

TotallyNotRemy
TotallyNotRemy
Feb 18, 2017
The Titanic
player's also do not want that, which is why godricshollow or whatever it is called are all for sale
also bludsky's are for sale 950k when they aren't even that big....my point stands. Something that is 1million dollars used to be 400k.

Reactions: Powerfull

__Remy

TotallyNotRemy
TotallyNotRemy
Feb 18, 2017
The Titanic
Errrr, those godricshollow places are for sale bc some of the older players own them or the players selling time own larger plots already...
yea but still not many player's do want apartments like that especially if they are tiny also that brings me onto another thing on those godrichollow's they are being overpriced majorly, i have seen one for 100k. We need some rules on plot pricing, well not rules but we should have a team of people we can contact and tell them if we think the plot is being overpriced and if they do think it is then that team will contact the seller and ask them to lower it to a good price and if they do not lower it then a staff member can forcefully lower it