New ways to listen to music

acfuffy

Jun 18, 2017
I've come up with an idea on the server that has the capability to stimulate the economy and offer more unique features to MCCITIES than its rivals and competitors.

The Jukebox.

A classic minecraft staple with a few good selections. But why hasn't mojang done anything else with it? Why hasn't it changed?

I propose a new, slime fun based jukebox allowing discs with custom music

How this would work?

You go to a "record shop" and input a youtube link into a GUI, similar to the bank transactions. It would then rip the song file onto an in game disc, allowing you to broadcast short range music for you and your friends to hear.

This promotes more realism on the server and allows for more rp such as concerts, nightclubs, and performances. Imagine how realistic it would feel to step into a bar/restaurant and hear music playing instead of the droning silence of minecraft?

This would offer so much more than /music currently does and make a better in game experience for everyone too

I hope you all consider my idea and see it in the same way I do.

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
Slimefun has an api, but this is just improbable because sound files are in different format than youtube videos. Even if this was to be done, it would take so so so so much time to do this because it would have to detect too many things and the lag would be enormous. I understand the appeal, but this is impossible.
Minecraft can't do this because custom music without a resourcepack is created by playing noteblock sounds which can't even go into octaves of most music.

acfuffy

Jun 18, 2017
Slimefun has an api, but this is just improbable because sound files are in different format than youtube videos. Even if this was to be done, it would take so so so so much time to do this because it would have to detect too many things and the lag would be enormous. I understand the appeal, but this is impossible.
Minecraft can't do this because custom music without a resourcepack is created by playing noteblock sounds which can't even go into octaves of most music.
Makes sense. Maybe there could somehow be a way for us to create our own music and maybe even upload to /music?

D

Deleted member 832

Makes sense. Maybe there could somehow be a way for us to create our own music and maybe even upload to /music?
Well, just to create one note block sound track it takes a huge machine. Just google frozen note block song in mc