Quick Question About Schematic Files

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
So I sort of have dilemma, and that has brought up a question. I built a nice house for a plot in Mc Cities (just relaxed so I didn't think to do it there). Anyways, I was wondering about world edit and schematic files. I found out that you can transfer builds through out worlds using schematic files (a file type for Minecraft mods such as w/e). My first question involves this file type and realms.

Question #1: Can you put a schematic files on the server (Mc Cities) when you are not admin and/or owner but you do have world edit permissions.

My 2nd question is about realms and World Edit. I just can't seem to find anything about this on the internet.

Question #2: Is World Edit able to be used on realms? I mean downloaded and used on realms client side, I know that mods and texture packs can't be loaded onto realms for all players.

Question #3: I was also wondering, and this would be completely late if I'm wrong since I've used it for texture packs for years, but is adfoc.us a secure download with little to no virus code in most things? Or at least it is safe when downloading Forge and World Edit from the Bukkit and files.minecraftforge?

Thanks everyone!​

Reactions: Laurel and laggynab

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
1. Not exactly sure, but I'm pretty sure an owner would have to have the mod then give you the file for a build

2. Though there is a world edit a plugin, there a world edit mods, but I am 90% sure you can't use mods on realms without other applications/programs.

3. Basically what tiger said. I personally would suggest mediafire, but any of them should be fine as long as the ads are avoided (usually the top right 'skip' button does the trick).

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
1. You can save and use them, but if you want the file itself, then you would have to either ask me or coban directly to send you it.

D

Deleted member 832

1. You can save and use them, but if you want the file itself, then you would have to either ask me or coban directly to send you it.
Kiri, can we have the world seed? I want to use it for slime chunks. I understand that there are ways to abuse it but most dungeons and etc have been raided. I need it for the wild so I can start a slime farm

ReverseFlassh

Oct 30, 2016
Kiri, can we have the world seed? I want to use it for slime chunks. I understand that there are ways to abuse it but most dungeons and etc have been raided. I need it for the wild so I can start a slime farm
That would be an extremely unfair advantage to you. Dungeons may have been raided in the first 10,000 block's from spawn, but everything else is fairly undiscovered. If you want to use it to find slime chunks, look up how to find the chunks and go hunting and exploring. No one should have such an advantage as to know the location of every spawner and every item, dungeon, and ore on the map.

D

Deleted member 832

That would be an extremely unfair advantage to you. Dungeons may have been raided in the first 10,000 block's from spawn, but everything else is fairly undiscovered. If you want to use it to find slime chunks, look up how to find the chunks and go hunting and exploring. No one should have such an advantage as to know the location of every spawner and every item, dungeon, and ore on the map.
That's what I'm saying, but if I have a staff member supervising or even getting a staff member to find the chunk for me it's quite low risk

ReverseFlassh

Oct 30, 2016
That's what I'm saying, but if I have a staff member supervising or even getting a staff member to find the chunk for me it's quite low risk
How about you just act as if you are a normal player who gets treated the same as everyone else and find your own slime chunk instead of thinking you get special treatment?

D

Deleted member 832

How about you just act as if you are a normal player who gets treated the same as everyone else and find your own slime chunk instead of thinking you get special treatment?
Oh shut up, I'm not asking for special treatment, I just want to find a slime chunk which can only be found with the world seed