Rank fix

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
One of the main purposes of this server is to rise up the ranks (displayed in /ranks ) and try to become the best/richest/(whatever) on the server. One cool way that displays this is your 'rank' which is shown by a [T], or [E], etc in your chat tag. This is great and it shows your commitment to the server / displays your status. For me, I have been experiencing some sort of glitch, that hasn't been addressed for at least a few months (as far as I know) and it doesn't just affect me. When you get to a certain point (around rank citizen or executive) whatever code decides your rank (based on time and your money) seems to glitch out or break. What I am saying Is that I could have 10 days of playing time, and 10 million $$$ in the bank, but it displays my rank as like 'Rich' or 'Executive' . I think this is because /at check/track does not include your money in the bank, which it really should. Related to this, sometimes when it displays [R] in my chat tag, and I do /ar track it shows me the requirements I need to have to get citizen (which is because I don't carry more than 90k on me). Also, if I rankup then put the money back in the bank I lose the rank :/ . So far the only way to display your actual ranking is to keep all your money on you which for obvious reasons is not the best choice sometimes.

Thanks, PurpleTurkey

(I wasn't sure if I should put this in bug reports, but I would be more than happy to if needed)

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
auto rank relies on your bal and doesn't hook into the bank plugin. Withdraw 1.2m and do /ar check then deposit it.
I understand why it doesn't work, but in short, once I withdraw the money rank up, then put it back, It defaults me BACK. I actually do rankup, but its only for the short time I have the money on me.

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
As Tiger said, the two plugins don't work together. I do think that you can do /ar check to get to [M] (millionaire) and then not doing /ar check in a while then you will stay [M]. I may not be right because I haven't had a rank to worry about, but I think that is the case.

I'm now reading this, and I hope it makes sense xD.