Remove chat censoring

Should curse words be allowed in the server?

• Yes, the chat censor should be removed

• No, too many lives would be put in danger

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenJuul

Sep 18, 2017
Sup MCcities members,
I'm fairly new to this server and have already noticed something very odd about it. I found this server by searching for "minecraft drug servers", which makes sense because you can create and sell drugs/alcohol inside of it. What doesn't make sense is that curse words are not allowed on a server where you can buy and sell illegal drugs like weed, cocaine, steroids, etc.. I think that curse words should be allowed and I am creating a poll so I can have your opinion on whether you do or don't agree. I've already witnessed lots of people bypassing the filter anyways, so removing the chat censor would just save them the effort. Thanks for the input

T

Trump15024

Sup MCcities members,
I'm fairly new to this server and have already noticed something very odd about it. I found this server by searching for "minecraft drug servers", which makes sense because you can create and sell drugs/alcohol inside of it. What doesn't make sense is that curse words are not allowed on a server where you can buy and sell illegal drugs like weed, cocaine, steroids, etc.. I think that curse words should be allowed and I am creating a poll so I can have your opinion on whether you do or don't agree. I've already witnessed lots of people bypassing the filter anyways, so removing the chat censor would just save them the effort. Thanks for the input
Lol no just no

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Sup MCcities members,
No, they are mainly in place so players are not harassed and/or feel uncomfortable playing the server. (Also please try not to use /ad ingame to tell players about this)

Reactions: Powerfull

GoldenJuul

Sep 18, 2017
No, they are mainly in place so players are not harassed and/or feel uncomfortable playing the server. (Also please try not to use /ad ingame to tell players about this)
I would think most people who feel uncomfortable about cursing wouldn't join a server where selling/buying drugs is possible

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
I would think most people who feel uncomfortable about cursing wouldn't join a server where selling/buying drugs is possible
When playing the server, you don't have to be associated with drugs and stuff. We have in game police to monitor drugs.guns, but language is a whole different level.

GoldenJuul

Sep 18, 2017
Drugs are still talked about inside
When playing the server, you don't have to be associated with drugs and stuff. We have in game police to monitor drugs.guns, but language is a whole different level.
Drugs and guns are still talked about in the chat, which would be enough to make someone uncomfortable if they did not want to associate themselves with that kind of stuff

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Drugs are still talked about inside

Drugs and guns are still talked about in the chat, which would be enough to make someone uncomfortable if they did not want to associate themselves with that kind of stuff
Lets just say that you learn what a gun is before you learn 'bad words' when you are younger .... no one on this server wants to be responsible for ruining a childhood xD

Coban

Developer
Jul 31, 2014
Greetings, welcome.
I understand your point, however; there is a difference between inappropriate language and roleplaying (ex. drugs).
First of all, the server is set to fit kids -- I can't just have them see or use such language merely because the server offers drugs as one gameplay feature.
By removing the filters I will be allowing any kind of cursive word, thus won't have much control over harassment, which will bring toxicity and a kind of players I wouldn't want on the server.

So ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.