Rep

T

Trump15024

Ok so I think we should be able to earn more rep and I have an idea how!

1. If you donate to the server you get rep.

2. Everytime you win a fishing contest you win rep.

3. You can go on mccities.com and buy rep- with a certain amount you can buy

4. Replanting crops will result in more rep

T

Trump15024

Well some people need more rep like Ciel said people who want to apply for police has to have good rep so we should be able to earn more rep

Death

Mar 18, 2017
1 this is not a good idea because this focuses on the jobs for farmers and fishermen which will benefit them more and 2 buying rep is basically saying bribing the server so you can look good and spending money should never be an option to have a good rep

Reactions: Hidden124

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Actually I think the re planting crops one (which is not a thing anymore) is the most logical way to get rep.

In case you didn't you Gabriel rep is short for reputation. Though donating to the server is good because it helps it out, it doesn't exactly mean that you are a good person on the server.

Winning the fishing contest to get reputation!?! In this server reputation is kind of the marker to tell how much you follow/don't follow the law. Gaining rep from a fishing contest would be unrealistic.

Now here we go... BUYING REP?!?! This devalues the whole point of reputation and will honestly change the server. Though I can see the server making some profit for a short time, this would be bad in the future. This would also have some other things to be changed like joining the police force. You said it yourself, Ciel looks at rep when selecting new police. If someone just bought rep then becoming a police wouldn't be any fun.

For the plants however.... (if you could) taking the time to replant crops for the community would make sense as it's kind of the opposite of braking the law. Since crops are auto replanted in the farm this would have to be re thought of.

In short, this is a needed idea that many players have suggested, but I think you need to do some more research on why. Gl

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
Gabriel, this has been suggested 3 times already, stop re suggesting stuff just so you have an excuse to post more. Posts aren't everything and you will be get more hate if you get to the top of the Most Messages. And I doubt EnderPort or Jo will even allow you to get there. If you have something to add, put it in 1 post and bump and old thread about this.

Izzie

Former Staff
Nov 7, 2016
Good idea, but if people bought rep to make themselves look good so they can apply for police what would happen?

Death

Mar 18, 2017
It's not that it's like saying since u are rich in real life, u can just keep buying rep while standard people who don't spend money for game add ons are in a big disadvantage and u can stop calling it donating because first of all people will think it the a whole other away of buying instead of donating. It is saying that people who don't spend money will always look bad while those who do look good even if they are the real selfish,criminals and yet they will look good for buying

Reactions: TheDiamondTiger

Donut

Jan 14, 2017
your nearby Krispy Kreme
In my opinion I actually like the idea of gaining reputation! But maybe take away the buying reputation and donating to get reputation should be taken out as some people could do these to make themselves stand out more in game instead of doing it for a good cause. To be honest, I don't think getting reputation from fishing isn't a bad idea, because you are earning reputation from winning a competition which is actually pretty realistic. Since there is this new thing implemented to the game where whenever you harvest a crop in the farm it automatically replants, I don't think you should gain reputation from replanting crops because some people would prefer to harvest in the farm rather than their own homes. I really think that we should try to have a way to gain reputation here! A problem is though that only the farmers and fishermen will get the rep.

legoprodigy

Apr 30, 2017
In my opinion, buying reputation via donations will upset the whole system and also point out that you are desperate enough to spend real money to try to look good. As for contest winning raising rep or replanting giving rep, one the crops replant themselves so not much point there and two the contests wouldn't be a very fair way to gain reputation. Im gonna be honest and say that my reputation is currently somewhere in the -140s (mainly because people like hitting me for some reason...and I usually don't like that)