1. We are currently looking for new architect and police members, if you feel up to the task for either, follow the links below to apply!
    Architect Applications: Click here
    Police Applications: Click Here
  2. Happy holidays, Guest
    We are currently looking for new staff members to join the team. If you feel capable and up for the responsibility, use the following application to apply: Click here

Thank you!

Runnerboro Elections - Turkey&Tiger

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turkey, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Turkey

Turkey Helper
    Staff Member Helper Vice Principal

Hello there citizens, animals, vigs, millionaires, cheese lovers - and more, the time has come for us to finally run for a spot in the Runnerboro office! Now, you may ask why Tiger and I want to run for Mayor and City Manager .... We believe that we can help the citizens of Runnerboro live in a nice locations, have nice benefits, and keep the economics standards there at a good spot. Now, we acknowledge that DeathInferno and Trump/Gabriel are running as well, but we feel that we are more suited to make a positive difference. Our credentials? TheDiamondTiger is the brains of the operation, being a semi-old player, a master at slimefun and a great businessman. His works in the slimefun department and in a class of his own. Being the current CEO of Microsoft, armed with his knowledge and my research we believe we can bring many new attributes to the city. Along with being a slimefun expert, he is also a great terraformer and Co-Owns Paradise Island which is one of the most luxurious places to live on in the server. As for myself now, I have dabbled in SF technologies, but I feel I will be more needed as a helper in managing city - keeping it organized and general maintenance. Hopefully if we get elected, with Eatsmith's aid we can get more plots on the island and sell them to newer players to help them out as well.

Let's get to the point .... We aren't here to fool around, we want to make Runnerboro a better place. We aren't going to invest resources in things like a militia or other uneeded things, but instead on SF technologies to help progress the island to more advanced systems. We have both managed a butt-load of islands previously and currently, and we feel our expertise would help on Runnerboro. Vote for @TheDiamondTiger and PurpleTurkey!

2. Gabriel

Gabriel Well-Known Member

I will have to check on clarity if other island owners can run. Becuase I wouldn't want such conflict of interests.

3. __Remy

__Remy Well-Known Member

i will be voting for both of you

TheDiamondTiger and Turkey like this.
  4. Turkey

Turkey Helper

Wdym, Paradise_Island isn’t an official city and captain is ... well... captain . I fail to see how owning these two islands would stand on the way of aiding a neighbor

dwarflyncher likes this.
  5. __Remy

__Remy Well-Known Member

well said

Turkey likes this.
  6. Turkey

Turkey Helper

@Gabriel are there exact rules against this ?

LavaFlake likes this.
  7. TheDiamondTiger

TheDiamondTiger Cyber Bullied
    Maggot

There aren't.

LavaFlake and Turkey like this.
  8. TheDiamondTiger

Maggot

Since I haven't seen many or really any policies applicable to minecraft (because islands are countries or have localized economies), I'll throw an applicable one out there.
    @PurpleTurkey and I will work to bring slimefun energy to every property on runnerboro that any citizen can use.

LavaFlake likes this.
  9. Gabriel

I would rather you not make statements for the island of Runnerboros government. The election rules for this election will be posted by eatsmith after government discussion on a 2/3 vote. I have actually asked my department of justice to form an election committee to make sure this is done fairly and monitored.

#9 Gabriel, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  10. Turkey

Turkey Helper

But uh, how can you control the votes aaannnd be running at the same time ?

dwarflyncher and CP42 like this.
  11. Gabriel

I don't control the votes? Eatsmith does the government just makes sure everything is done fairly and passes elections laws. The only thing I can do alone is take executive action meaning a order to a executive department or a change of policy

12. CP42

CP42 Well-Known Member

Which, no offense, can control the voting prosess!

13. Gabriel

I don't control the voting process? Eatsmith counts the votes I have nothing to do with that. Yes I can issue bills that has to pass by a majority that could change election rules. The only thing like I said I can do alone is executive orders which is a order to my staff and to change policy

14. TheDiamondTiger

Maggot

You're basically gerrymandering. The rules must stay the same and must not be altered by a prior leader because of the simple fact that it could easily alter the elections, and sorry, but you lied in your own election thread because you stated that
    when you altering the rules for election would be corruption itself. (I would point out a ton of other ones such as where you stated that you moved the island to city property standards when all public islands already must abide by them (which runnerboro is))

dwarflyncher and Jabu like this.
  15. Death_Inferno360

Death_Inferno360 Well-Known Member

Yep I agree with tiger, Gabriel is trying to alter with all his political stuff to give him an advantage over us other people running in the elections, If ever I win with someone else from another party, I will he happy to work with them, and possibly take those other people running into the cabinet if they have potential. He stated I'm a money drainer and owning an island shouldn't be a problem for both tiger and turkey, both of their islands are private anyways, nothing to manage much besides building. I will be running for city manager idk who I will be competing against but I would like to assist tiger and turkey if ever they win the elections since I need some stuff fixed in Runnerboro and some stuff changed. Especially this corrupt court to get power to gain advantage in the elections

dwarflyncher and Jabu like this.
  16. Death_Inferno360

Department of justice who you hired which no offense can lead to biases. How do we know they are trustworthy if someone who hired them is running for a position in the government.

CP42 likes this.
  17. Gabriel

If you would listen to me I can't control the election. Do you understand that? I don't count votes, I don't make election rules so what's the problem right now me and my stuff are not even focused on the election rules. Stop spreading false info tiger when you don't even know what you are talking about

18. Death_Inferno360

Gabriel I would just like to ask, who will be handling the vote count, eatsmith or the department of justice

CP42 likes this.
  19. Turkey

Turkey Helper

Hopefully eat Smith

CP42 likes this.
  20. TheDiamondTiger

Maggot

Yeah you don't count votes, but you can affect it with help from a city manager. Its a simple fact and not false in the slightest when you have admitted yourself that you can change the rules for it with a 2/3 majority which isn't hard.

dwarflyncher, CP42 and Turkey like this.