The Purge.

Do you think "The Purge" should be implanted? (Please read the post first!)

• Yes

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 27, 2016
I would like to give Credit to EnderPort and Myself for this idea.

I would like to welcome "The Purge" to MCCities. For those who don't know the "The Purge" here is some background information.

• The Purge is an event where for 12 hours, all crimes are legal.
  • All Staff members would have immunity from this event, as they are higher than all players in ranking.
  • The idea of The Purge was invented from a movie called, The Purge
  • All emergency Services (/Warp hospital or Police) would be available after The Purge has concluded.
  • The idea of The Purge is, to release any anger or hatred a person has. For MCCities case, I assume it will just allow the criminals of MCCities to have a little bit more fun! :)
  • In addition to The Purge, I think we should remove Locks so theft is possible.
  • Those wealthy enough can protect them selves
  • Those who are less unfortunate will have a harder time
  • Staff members may decide which weapons are allowed during this 12-hour event. (In the movie it is decided that Weapons that are identified as Class 4 or lower are allowed.)
I think The Purge would be an excellent addition to MCCities because this can allow players to experience different types of role's that can play. Criminals also have the ability to do more than usual.

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
Or... this would result in a ton of server rules broken, and many many harassment reports. This would never be a great fit for Mc Cities because there are so many people that would take this too far from just carrying drugs and killing (things police arrest for).

Reactions: Powerfull

Ellie300

Jan 2, 2017
The deep, dark depths of my mind
I mean no offense to this idea, but there are multiple problems with this idea such as people on this server who have pvped more than others. That will give them an unfair advantage over others. Also, let's say a noob get's on whilst this murder spree is going on, they may believe that McCities is always like this and that may give the server an awful reputation. Also as PixelPuppy6153 mentioned above, some players will take this event to the extreme and cause lots of turmoil.

T

Trump15024

I got a possible solution if this were to happen which i do not think it will:

1. Server rules can not be broken

2. You can not unlock chests that do not belong to you

3. Maybe it can be like where just all warps are turned off and you have to survive like that for maybe like 20 minutes.

Reactions: AyanTheAwesome
Nov 27, 2016
Or... this would result in a ton of server rules broken, and many many harassment reports. This would never be a great fit for Mc Cities because there are so many people that would take this too far from just carrying drugs and killing (things police arrest for).
It's a game. I said that only crimes would be legal, Server rules are still applied.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atlair
T

Trump15024

Also maybe like zombies are released in the city and whoever survives without being killed by the zombies wins ? Just some ideas

Nov 27, 2016
I mean no offense to this idea, but there are multiple problems with this idea such as people on this server who have pvped more than others. That will give them an unfair advantage over others. Also, let's say a noob get's on whilst this murder spree is going on, they may believe that McCities is always like this and that may give the server an awful reputation. Also as PixelPuppy6153 mentioned above, some players will take this event to the extreme and cause lots of turmoil.
We could always have a constant message going on saying that this is only for a limited time. So, new players would know that it always isn't like this.

Nov 27, 2016
I got a possible solution if this were to happen which i do not think it will:

1. Server rules can not be broken

2. You can not unlock chests that do not belong to you

3. Maybe it can be like where just all warps are turned off and you have to survive like that for maybe like 20 minutes.
Yeah, I never said anything about Server Rules... I only talked about Crimes. Such as Drugs, Murder, Trespassing etc. All Server rules would still apply.

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
OK! So I'm not saying that in any way you are trying to make server rules legal AT ALL. I am simply stating that in the past many people get carried away with things like this. The Purge would result in those players that get carried away, which is a lot of people, would harass others in "good fun" of the Purge. I suspect that those who get harassed do not see it in "good fun" though. You can't control how people interpret the idea and how they might get carried away. Some people blend the fine line of a murder with spam kills and other server rules. Also I want to know how this could improve and make this seem more like real-life on Mc Cities, the economy server based on real life. New players could be very confused and would not be attended to well, as this is not a great environment. Also, what about the players that don't want to be involved? You can't distinguish them between those who are for this idea. This simply doesn't work with all the people that join the server and those who wish not to participate. People that want to go outside without being killed shouldn't be expected to hide for periods of time. Also there is no way on earth that you can expect people to unlock their doors or anything else for the sake of this event.

Thanks for your time,

Pixel

Reactions: Turkey

__Remy

TotallyNotRemy
TotallyNotRemy
Feb 18, 2017
The Titanic
OK! So I'm not saying that in any way you are trying to make server rules legal AT ALL. I am simply stating that in the past many people get carried away with things like this. The Purge would result in those players that get carried away, which is a lot of people, would harass others in "good fun" of the Purge. I suspect that those who get harassed do not see it in "good fun" though. You can't control how people interpret the idea and how they might get carried away. Some people blend the fine line of a murder with spam kills and other server rules. Also I want to know how this could improve and make this seem more like real-life on Mc Cities, the economy server based on real life. New players could be very confused and would not be attended to well, as this is not a great environment. Also, what about the players that don't want to be involved? You can't distinguish them between those who are for this idea. This simply doesn't work with all the people that join the server and those who wish not to participate. People that want to go outside without being killed shouldn't be expected to hide for periods of time. Also there is no way on earth that you can expect people to unlock their doors or anything else for the sake of this event.

Thanks for your time,

Pixel
People who do not want to be involved can go to a special warp made for them

Reactions: AyanTheAwesome

__Remy

TotallyNotRemy
TotallyNotRemy
Feb 18, 2017
The Titanic
I'm trying to say that you can't just store away those who don't want to participate. For example: putting them all at a warp made for them.
well a city can be made for the purge so that the normal city is not disturbed and the people who want to be in the purge go to that city, it could be a copy of the map but in a warp

Ellie300

Jan 2, 2017
The deep, dark depths of my mind
People who do not want to be involved can go to a special warp made for them
That is a good idea, but what if the people who do not want to participate need to, let's say, get building materials at /warp shop. Will the others who are partaking in The Purge know that they are not participating? Taking this a step further as you have mentioned that the warps will not work during this event, if somebody needs to warp to the safe area won't they not be able to access it?

Reactions: Pixel

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
I don't understand the point of this. It would basically be normal McCities except police can't do anything. This would basically result in normal gameplay and has no purpose.

Pigpuns

Jun 26, 2017
your favorite anime
I don't understand the point of this. It would basically be normal McCities except police can't do anything. This would basically result in normal gameplay and has no purpose.
That is a decent point, but players would be way more criminal during the purge. If it only lasts for 20-30 minutes, it would also be really fun if Lockette was disabled for that time - people would be forced to gather up armor/weapons or defend their homes with lava/fire/etc.

That is a good idea, but what if the people who do not want to participate need to, let's say, get building materials at /warp shop. Will the others who are partaking in The Purge know that they are not participating? Taking this a step further as you have mentioned that the warps will not work during this event, if somebody needs to warp to the safe area won't they not be able to access it?
If people could choose to not partake in the purge, it would make it pretty pointless. Imo, there should be some sort of fee for warping to a safe area while it's happening, or something like that to encourage people for surviving. Maybe a prize.

__Remy

TotallyNotRemy
TotallyNotRemy
Feb 18, 2017
The Titanic
/warp should still be allowed in the normal warps but for people in the purge /warp would not work

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016

Thanks for your time,

Pixel
mhm

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
That is a decent point, but players would be way more criminal during the purge. If it only lasts for 20-30 minutes, it would also be really fun if Lockette was disabled for that time - people would be forced to gather up armor/weapons or defend their homes with lava/fire/etc.

If people could choose to not partake in the purge, it would make it pretty pointless. Imo, there should be some sort of fee for warping to a safe area while it's happening, or something like that to encourage people for surviving. Maybe a prize.
All I can make of this is Grief

Chloe1500

I am not for the purge but I do want to try and help, have it possible for those who want it.

Why there shouldn't be a whole server purge:

" First impressions are the most lasting." -Proverbs

I want to first state that like the quote I have up top, that it
is true. If a new player comes in the middle of the purge then they might not get a good impression and leave even if the person is told its not usually like this. People can tell if a server is good or not by how they join in. Like McCities, everyone welcomes a new player when one joins. I'm not saying that that won't change if the purge happened, I'm just saying that there would be a different "vibe" when joining. If a new person comes and wants to join in the purge they have the iron armor stuff you get when you first join, they won't be able to do much damage to someone with full diamond and an OP weapon. The full diamond person would gain money from the new person.

"The strong conquer the weak. The weak serve the strong and hope to become the strong so they can conquer others who are weaker" - Fredrick Lenz
Secondly, I would like to state that this quote basically sums up the purge if it is to happen. Those who have been playing a while to have the opportunity to obtain strong gear are the strong. The weak are those who don't have the opportunity to have strong gear. Another way to look/could happen is that those who are good at pvp are the strong. Those who are not are the weak.
Note* I am basically interpreting the quote to what would happen if it did happen, I am referring to weak/strong in general.

I also want to add that if it happens, some people might not want to participate at the thought of people being able to loose money and die or something like that.

*Idea for those who want the purge:
For those who want the purge, I suggest that if staff is willing to, make a warp like /warp wild (/warp purge) and make it like a purge arena map like however it should be. Doing a /warp purge or whatever staff would want it to be called (if it happens), it could tell, if someone dies, that they are in the purge and cannot be located, like those who have been/are police now, know. With a /warp it will allow those who do not want to participate still be on the server and be happy playing and doing whatever they please. It also allows those who want the purge to happen get to have an experience of playing the purge and lets those who enjoy the purge to do it whenever they please. This would also allow those to participate whenever they want and leave whenever they want (like to go farm and earn more money).

I do not wish the server to be the purge for a bit, but I do hope that those who want the purge to happen, be able to happen. I know my idea, for those who want it to happen, would take a lot of time and as easily as saying no to doing the purge, but it would please everyone in my opinion. I know staff would make good choices on this topic/matter. Thanks for reading, Have a nice day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.