Contracts?

Error

May 27, 2018
I thought if someone signs a contract they must abide by it or face the punishments expressed in the contract... Since when do they not? PotatoBuddies agreed to pay me 500,000 if she broke my contract, she broke it, and I get 50k or some flint and sulfur? It was explicit in stating that if she broke the contract that we would be payed 500k, she tried to get Will fired for her greifing Ryeos machine and I have proof that she broke the contract, yet the terms in which she was required to follow don't matter? I don't get it. It doesn't even matter if it SEEMS reasonable, contracts are contracts. She maliciously attacked the function of a member of my staff then tried to get another fired, so if you are wondering I believe it was fair. So contracts don't work?

Atlair

Former Staff
Verified
Jun 19, 2017
A Powerful Universe
Contracts are in place to make sure the players don't break any regulations, they must abide by it until a case is made and the Judge has a different ruling and if they were to break the contract they will have to agree to punishments listed unless the Judge decides differently. In this case, they did agree to paying 500K and "accepting a full ban", yes, but in general having the player being banned and 500K is certainly not fair or sensible. The Judge's ruling of the case is absolute, and it does matter as we have to keep it fair for BOTH players, and them "trying" to get your friend fired didn't work and chests logs were shown as proof.

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

Error

May 27, 2018
Also, the only reason they weren't fired is that cops aren't idiots.

Error

May 27, 2018
So then how is it relevant to say that chest logs were used? If anything that was antithetical to your point as chest logs are infallible, it came from Trump.

Atlair

Former Staff
Verified
Jun 19, 2017
A Powerful Universe
So then how is it relevant to say that chest logs were used? If anything that was antithetical to your point as chest logs are infallible, it came from Trump.
It's relevant to say chests logs were used as proof to see who broke the contract and placed/removed the flint, as you claimed the player tried to get your friend fired from doing so

"she tried to get Will fired for her greifing Ryeos machine and I have proof that she broke the contract "

Reactions: Apple inc

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
How are chest logs not proof?
CoreProtect, its a plugin allowing those with certain perms to check those who have affected a block.
I thought if someone signs a contract they must abide by it or face the punishments expressed in the contract... Since when do they not? PotatoBuddies agreed to pay me 500,000 if she broke my contract, she broke it, and I get 50k or some flint and sulfur? It was explicit in stating that if she broke the contract that we would be payed 500k, she tried to get Will fired for her greifing Ryeos machine and I have proof that she broke the contract, yet the terms in which she was required to follow don't matter? I don't get it. It doesn't even matter if it SEEMS reasonable, contracts are contracts. She maliciously attacked the function of a member of my staff then tried to get another fired, so if you are wondering I believe it was fair. So contracts don't work?
Contracts are in place to make sure the players don't break any regulations, they must abide by it until a case is made and the Judge has a different ruling and if they were to break the contract they will have to agree to punishments listed unless the Judge decides differently. In this case, they did agree to paying 500K and "accepting a full ban", yes, but in general having the player being banned and 500K is certainly not fair or sensible. The Judge's ruling of the case is absolute, and it does matter as we have to keep it fair for BOTH players, and them "trying" to get your friend fired didn't work and chests logs were shown as proof.
Well I believe what @Arius is stating is that contracts only reach as far as players are able to redeem themselves to each other, if they may have broken a server rule, they must take the punishment of it as well.

Also there are certain situations that a contract can be nulled; such as someone undercutting the contract or a third party interference. Its important to remember that contracts aren't infallible and will always have their share of flaws.