Downloading Runtime (Minecraft won't update!)

Irish4Life

Sep 20, 2017
Every time a new version of mine craft comes out and I try to update, it will linger on downloading runtime a couple times and then it will say failure to update native mine craft launcher. This causes me to be unable to even play mine craft unless I totally disconnect from the internet, open up mine craft, and then connect to the internet again. I've already installed the latest version of java, and I really need help. Does anyone have any suggestions? I use a mac computer.

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

BootsieBear

Dec 30, 2017
This happened to me when I was on vacation with bad Wifi, but it didn't happen this time at home with good Wifi.. so I'd try to get a better internet connection if I were you! :)

Reactions: ramdon

ramdon

ramdon_person
ramdon_person
Aug 9, 2017
California
Every time a new version of mine craft comes out and I try to update, it will linger on downloading runtime a couple times and then it will say failure to update native mine craft launcher. This causes me to be unable to even play mine craft unless I totally disconnect from the internet, open up mine craft, and then connect to the internet again. I've already installed the latest version of java, and I really need help. Does anyone have any suggestions? I use a mac computer.
delete minecraft and then reinstall it

Reactions: BootsieBear