Electronic Devices

ApolloSaturn

Jan 22, 2017
Hi, I have been playing McCities for a couple months now, and I think something that will be a great idea to add to this server are phones/tablets. I think adding these will make this server even more realistic, and even more interesting. If you right click the device, a little screen can open up (it can just be an inventory thing that opens up) with a bunch of items/block/etc that can represent programs. You could have a couple of simple games on the phones, and maybe something that lets you msg privately with your friends or in a group chat (The chatting system won't be directly on the device screen, of course, but maybe it can enable a private chat system on the chat screen). My final idea on programs to add onto these devices can be a location app that gives you coordinates automatically in your chat screen, or a map in your surrounding area. Many of these apps can maybe actually be bought using money, like maybe games. (For example: The TNT Game will cost $3000 to download). These devices can be bought at the store. There can also be a variety of different devices to buy ( of course which can come in later on, after a first version of a simple phone has been added) with each being better than the other. Like maybe one phone can only hold 9 apps, and another can hold 18, but costs more than the other. This is all I can come up with for this suggestion for now, but I hope that you appreciated this suggestion, and will hopefully consider adding this onto the server. :D -ApolloSaturn

Reactions: Izzie and 342niki

342niki

Jan 1, 2017
I think that this is an incredible idea and that it would be really interesting to be able to use group chats on minecraft! Hopefully the staff members look at this suggestion because it is AMAZING!

Uni

Apr 8, 2017
narnia
Adding this to the server will make it more realistic! Let's hope staff will agree! :p ~Unicorn10110Pink

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
A phone plugin isn't simple to make. And a post similar to this has been created before but was never responded to.

Reactions: michaelma4

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
Why do people keep suggesting this? I'm just gonna copy paste what i replied to before.

Phones in essence is a useful idea, but extravagant designs for a phone would take forever to program. Simple things like /msg would be great and a warp menu, but minigames would need to be a multiworld thing because minecraft itself can not handle using a gui to create a minigame. /msg and warp menus would be pretty easy to do, but a smartphone would be unstable to stay the least. The server already as a wave of lag every once in awhile so a phone would have to be pretty small. A phone working as a crafting gui would be interesting allowing the player to access slimefun machines, but installing a plugin that created a phone that would replace the need for slimefun crafters would be nightmarishly unstable and op. So a simple phone plugin would work, but creating a virtual iphone would be too unstable and op to implement.

Reactions: Jo3512

ayylmfao

jaypi0
jaypi0
Jan 29, 2017
Ireland
i love this idea! i've heard this many of times now and i think it would really make it more realistic! emergency services would be hard, but that would make it SUPER realistic so you could dial 911 on the phone!