Mall Organization/Directory

Do you also support this cause?

• Nah, I'm fine with how it is.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sora565

Jan 30, 2016
Hey guys, I have a suggestion that helps newcomers and OCD people alike.

I understand the need to allow Merchants to choose their own venues, but I strongly suggest a basic sense of organization in the Mall area.

Things like having certain floor dedicated to certain things or having a large Directory board in the entryway would largely help people find what interests them.

For example:

-WEAPONRY-

Donny's Ammo Emporium - 3rd Floor, Right Wing
Beast Busters - 5th Floor, Left Wing

... So on and so fourth for different shops. Maybe a discussion on what option is highly favored to solve this issue? Or maybe it's just me. I'm just wandering around each floor finding the same thing... Gun Shop, Restaurant, Gun Shop, Gun Shop, Restaurant, Wool Store... etc.

It'd be nice to have an idea of where to start looking for the things I'm interested in or to know where my favorite player's stores are.

Thanks for the consideration!

Betty1215

Minister Of Architecture
Sep 14, 2014
I agree with jk. It would be really nice to have this system, but it would also be hard to maintain and update as the owners of stores change.

Sora565

Jan 30, 2016
I agree with jk. It would be really nice to have this system, but it would also be hard to maintain and update as the owners of stores change.
Of course, I've had Mod and Admin experience and it's one of those naggy little things to keep up with, I know.

But honestly, the only reason to go edit an entry out of a sign is when a Mod/Admin acts upon clearing a shop owner out of a space. They already have to get involved to make sure the shop keep has cleared out (or clear them out if they've abandoned their things there).

And even IF (perfect world) the previous owner left as the lease ends and it's rented out again without ANY Mod/Admin assistance, I'm sure the new owner will want their listing up, and remind a higher up to change it for them.

Not exactly bulletproof, but nobody is going to flip out over a listing that's left up a few weeks too long on accident. Still FAR more helpful than annoying.

jk1119

Temp S Minister
Nov 16, 2014
In A Barn Somewhere
www.youtube.com
Of course, I've had Mod and Admin experience and it's one of those naggy little things to keep up with, I know.

But honestly, the only reason to go edit an entry out of a sign is when a Mod/Admin acts upon clearing a shop owner out of a space. They already have to get involved to make sure the shop keep has cleared out (or clear them out if they've abandoned their things there).

And even IF (perfect world) the previous owner left as the lease ends and it's rented out again without ANY Mod/Admin assistance, I'm sure the new owner will want their listing up, and remind a higher up to change it for them.

Not exactly bulletproof, but nobody is going to flip out over a listing that's left up a few weeks too long on accident. Still FAR more helpful than annoying.
Or as Zain said only implementation it in the new cities. :3