McCities Property Problems

Lateley

Jan 11, 2019
Mars
ok for people complaining about nibble hoarding plots. those are strictly because of plot rules being broken. plots from those banned from exploit. plots containing loot that players shouldn’t low ball from forsale. stop whining about it. if you check reselling they slowly become sold. as for typicalmansion many people have touched base on that but it’s a staff member. those plots don’t just get sold from demand. there are enough plots going around. also if you haven’t been around for awhile, nibble will hold auctions for islands and a few mansions. however the plots possessed by nibble are handled is not up to us. just be patient. the 45 day inactivity is much better than 60. 30 would be way too short of a time frame.
Optic never in my life I have see nibble log on to resell houses. The only two times he came on in these 6 months. One, to demote one of the staff members and two, to install a new voting plugin.

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

Optic

lykkee
lykkee
Jan 6, 2017
another server e.e
idontmind.com
actually, contrary to many of your beliefs. anytime before when he was staff he stayed invis so you couldn’t tell he was online. so you wouldn’t have seen nibble anyways. watermansion was taken because on forsale price it would’ve probably gone way below the cost it is. i once bought an island off forsale for 200k. mansions on forsale rarely go for 1mil when someone goes inactive. if you want it that desperately try to snipe plots just like everyone else. don’t complain that you didn’t get a plot you want. idk if you’ve seen some of these chests located in plots but there are a crap ton if it’s taken. it won’t take all of 5 minutes. clearing the plot sure. it’s still taken. it’s always been that way. you get a warning then it’s revoked. he’s not running the server anymore. faheem is. and actually there are quite a lot of plots i’ve seen people resell that aren’t “13x12” plots or h plots. i bought a mansion & goh plot recently. some are overpriced sure, but there are plenty of plots that aren’t that small. and if you want to say nibble hasn’t resold plots, he’s gained over a mil off reselling plots over the past few days. just leave how plots are handled to staff. sure, pitch in ideas but don’t try to control how everything works. next time, don’t just assume nothing is happening or plot rules aren’t being enforced. ask some staff like trump since he knows a lot about it how it’s going. i can tell you there’s been a major improvement over plots of nibbles sold and plots getting warnings and revokes. feel free to prove me wrong again.

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
actually, contrary to many of your beliefs. anytime before when he was staff he stayed invis so you couldn’t tell he was online. so you wouldn’t have seen nibble anyways. watermansion was taken because on forsale price it would’ve probably gone way below the cost it is. i once bought an island off forsale for 200k. mansions on forsale rarely go for 1mil when someone goes inactive. if you want it that desperately try to snipe plots just like everyone else. don’t complain that you didn’t get a plot you want. idk if you’ve seen some of these chests located in plots but there are a crap ton if it’s taken. it won’t take all of 5 minutes. clearing the plot sure. it’s still taken. it’s always been that way. you get a warning then it’s revoked. he’s not running the server anymore. faheem is. and actually there are quite a lot of plots i’ve seen people resell that aren’t “13x12” plots or h plots. i bought a mansion & goh plot recently. some are overpriced sure, but there are plenty of plots that aren’t that small. and if you want to say nibble hasn’t resold plots, he’s gained over a mil off reselling plots over the past few days. just leave how plots are handled to staff. sure, pitch in ideas but don’t try to control how everything works. next time, don’t just assume nothing is happening or plot rules aren’t being enforced. ask some staff like trump since he knows a lot about it how it’s going. i can tell you there’s been a major improvement over plots of nibbles sold and plots getting warnings and revokes. feel free to prove me wrong again.
I'm not trying to "control" the sale of plots, just expressing my discontent. It's basically you saying what you've seen and us saying what we've seen. Maybe if staff was more active on the forums people like me wouldn't feel that they weren't doing anything. Communication is key. I hope what you're saying is true because I've been looking for a mansion plot for months after a, lets say "biased," staff member denied my transfer.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I mean tl be expected that after all.it was just for your own concern and not the servers concern.

but you got at a point where you say stuff without thinking about the situation.

We made clear that plots do get sold.
Mansions are available,
rules do get enforced
and if you ask around and pay attention, you will for sure find a mansion you can replace.

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
I mean tl be expected that after all.it was just for your own concern and not the servers concern.

but you got at a point where you say stuff without thinking about the situation.

We made clear that plots do get sold.
Mansions are available,
rules do get enforced
and if you ask around and pay attention, you will for sure find a mansion you can replace.
You literally just said the opposite of what I said with absolutely no evidence or basis to actually try and change my opinion. I wrote in the post what I thought the server needed to fix, if you see anything more than that, that's your problem not mine.

Allex

Alex_the_cool_11
Alex_the_cool_11
Feb 11, 2018
Somewhere on earth
Well, as I've already said, the new plot rules create less freedom for players, because it's easier for them to loose their plots. Some people are inactive, cause they have a Life. Why shouldn't we respect that?

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
Well, as I've already said, the new plot rules create less freedom for players, because it's easier for them to loose their plots. Some people are inactive, cause they have a Life. Why shouldn't we respect that?
Because other players and the server shouldn't be harmed by someone's inability to log onto mccities for an hour.

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
Well, and Trevor, what do you say about that the rules makes the players economic freedom smaller?
like?? what rules are you referencing? even though I dont know what you're talking about, those rules arent put in place to directly limit the economic freedom, but to help in some other aspect. So, if the benefit outweighs the negatives, I'm fine with them.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
If you guys really wanna fix a problem stop complaining about nibbles plots or shortening inactivity timer. All you really want is strip players off plots because they have others things they need to do. In all honesty, you wanna fix a problem don’t allow plots to go to forsale and send it to an automatic auction. That way “no cheap plot is sold”. Its quite funny seeing everyone argue about how to fix a plot problem when clearly plots that go to nibble are plots that are originally regioned at price points that are $10000 and below for whatever reason. The point of this is so there are no unfair buys. Plots should be sold for the right amount. To be honest the only reason I had so much plots to being with is cause of forsale. And yes they did cap an amount of plots a player can have but that didn’t really do anything cause the inactivity timer still exists. That only really benefits the people who thought about sniping them and with the quick fingers. But really don’t get your hopes up your gonna snipe a mansion or an island. The same people who get them will do it over and over again. You might as well resort everything to an auction if you want “fair”. Lets be real here no one is gonna throw his/her whole life on a server so give people a break and let them go on when they want. Thats pretty much why people don’t end up investing time here in the first place because the property rules in general are too strict or not worth the risk of investing so much time unless you would actively play contributing your whole lifetime on it. The plot watermansion went to nibble because the player who owned it went inactive and watermansion was priced 10000 or below which goes to nibble automatically. Staff dont decide what goes or whatnot its generally the original sell price of plots when they are first released on to the market or regioned. Ok bye ty

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
If you guys really wanna fix a problem stop complaining about nibbles plots or shortening inactivity timer. All you really want is strip players off plots because they have others things they need to do. In all honesty, you wanna fix a problem don’t allow plots to go to forsale and send it to an automatic auction. That way “no cheap plot is sold”. Its quite funny seeing everyone argue about how to fix a plot problem when clearly plots that go to nibble are plots that are originally regioned at price points that are $10000 and below for whatever reason. The point of this is so there are no unfair buys. Plots should be sold for the right amount. To be honest the only reason I had so much plots to being with is cause of forsale. And yes they did cap an amount of plots a player can have but that didn’t really do anything cause the inactivity timer still exists. That only really benefits the people who thought about sniping them and with the quick fingers. But really don’t get your hopes up your gonna snipe a mansion or an island. The same people who get them will do it over and over again. You might as well resort everything to an auction if you want “fair”. Lets be real here no one is gonna throw his/her whole life on a server so give people a break and let them go on when they want. Thats pretty much why people don’t end up investing time here in the first place because the property rules in general are too strict or not worth the risk of investing so much time unless you would actively play contributing your whole lifetime on it. The plot watermansion went to nibble because the player who owned it went inactive and watermansion was priced 10000 or below which goes to nibble automatically. Staff dont decide what goes or whatnot its generally the original sell price of plots when they are first released on to the market or regioned. Ok bye ty
I'm not saying I want cheap plots; I never had an idea that even happened before this post. I like your idea of them going up into automatic auctions, which what I thought happened at first because it seems like an obvious and easy solution. I really dont think having someone log on for a couple seconds once a month is too much to ask. If you cant play the server, why are you taking away opportunities from people who actually want to play and do stuff?

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
In my opinion the whole forsale should be removed, as it's just a way for a selected group of people to make easy bucks, (I saw people get mansions for 100k, loot it, earn 100k back. Sell the house for 800k)
That's why plots go to nibble, to make everything more fair. Then staff sells those houses for a fair price and if they ever get their hands on an island they will obviously auction it. (Probably the same for those massive mansions, though most of those are already owned by players that are not willing to let them go)

Also trevor, can you explain what the exact problem is you are complaining about?
Cuz I have heard so many problems that are mostly non existent, that I'm really confused.

Just formulate 1 sentence like:
The problem on the server is that there is a house shortage for new players.
Just an example btw.....

pls tell me :D so we can have a better more regulated debate

Reactions: lostinthewqrld
T

Trump15024

You guys realize 1) We don't need nibble to log on to sell the plots on his account 2) if you guys check reselling every day me and smiling sell like 3-5 of nibbles plots a day. We use his account to sell plots. Plus its not like their is a plot shortage there is like 30 plots reselling every day on /as info reselling.

T

Trump15024

Well, and Trevor, what do you say about that the rules makes the players economic freedom smaller?
Ok so from what I understand you have a conservative (republican) economic viewpoint. Basically, this means you feel that we should minimize as many rules as possible to give players freedom while keeping players freedoms. The problem with the viewpoint we can't do any changes because it adds a rule or something is not really a conservative economic viewpoint. Players do have economic freedom (selling and buying property, being able to start private businesses etc) its a very capitalist system and the plot market barely has any regulation. Think of governments irl with all the paperwork and regulation you have to go through to start a business or buy a house. That is not on McCities (hope we never bring it) but the point of a conservative economic system is not to stop all rules and regulations but to minimize it to the very least and get good results.

Allex

Alex_the_cool_11
Alex_the_cool_11
Feb 11, 2018
Somewhere on earth
Ok so from what I understand you have a conservative (republican) economic viewpoint. Basically, this means you feel that we should minimize as many rules as possible to give players freedom while keeping players freedoms. The problem with the viewpoint we can't do any changes because it adds a rule or something is not really a conservative economic viewpoint. Players do have economic freedom (selling and buying property, being able to start private businesses etc) its a very capitalist system and the plot market barely has any regulation. Think of governments irl with all the paperwork and regulation you have to go through to start a business or buy a house. That is not on McCities (hope we never bring it) but the point of a conservative economic system is not to stop all rules and regulations but to minimize it to the very least and get good results.
Ok, let's try and keep the rules less then?

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
In my opinion the whole forsale should be removed, as it's just a way for a selected group of people to make easy bucks, (I saw people get mansions for 100k, loot it, earn 100k back. Sell the house for 800k)
That's why plots go to nibble, to make everything more fair. Then staff sells those houses for a fair price and if they ever get their hands on an island they will obviously auction it. (Probably the same for those massive mansions, though most of those are already owned by players that are not willing to let them go)

Also trevor, can you explain what the exact problem is you are complaining about?
Cuz I have heard so many problems that are mostly non existent, that I'm really confused.

Just formulate 1 sentence like:
The problem on the server is that there is a house shortage for new players.
Just an example btw.....

pls tell me :D so we can have a better more regulated debate
My problem is that nice/expensive houses in good areas are very limited and held hostage by older players. I don't want 30 10x15 plots for 250k, I saved and worked my money so I could afford a nice plot, but theyre almost impossible to find when older players who got them cheap or for free keep them with no use for them. This is also exacerbated by old staff keeping them, or the server taking houses and reselling after who knows how long.

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
To add on,

This is shown by the ruin of the plots surrounding /warp city. Those are such nice and crucial plots but they are literally never changed, upkept, or, for some, even used. Why is this allowed? Not only do some of them break the visual code but they destroy opportunities and diversity within one of the most important warps.