Runnerboro Q&A

Marshmallowsmalk

Marshmallowsmalk
Marshmallowsmalk
May 19, 2017
Ireland
What does the government actually do? Bc i just see it as an island owner and a group of friends who want to help. The government doesn’t do anything in my mind.

Reactions: Powerfull
T

Trump15024

I think my greatest personal accomplishment since I can't speak for the rest of the people who work for the government is building the new city part of Runnerboro where the Microsoft HQ is that is actually the first thing me and pigpuns did. Another accomplishment that was recently done was a checks and balance bill I introduced and it passed and no one voted no. But there are many others including pushing for city standards and new buildings on Runnerboro which we will continue to do.

What is th greatest thing you guys acomplished

T

Trump15024

The government is elected directly by the people who play on the server and have plots on Runnerboro. Its the only island on McCities that lets the people decide what they feel should be done or improved on the island. The government reflects that in the work we do as a team to make the island better and we vote on new ideas to make sure it reflects those ideas and values of the people who have plots on Runnerboro unlike other islands. Runnerboro is the only island that lets players have a say.
What does the government actually do? Bc i just see it as an island owner and a group of friends who want to help. The government doesn’t do anything in my mind.

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
The government is elected directly by the people who play on the server and have plots on Runnerboro. Its the only island on McCities that lets the people decide what they feel should be done or improved on the island. The government reflects that in the work we do as a team to make the island better and we vote on new ideas to make sure it reflects those ideas and values of the people who have plots on Runnerboro unlike other islands. Runnerboro is the only island that lets players have a say.
thats not true, I don't even remember going to players on issues except things like "should drugs be legal on runnerboro" well who's gonna stop someone from dealing drugs xD

T

Trump15024

thats not true, I don't even remember going to players on issues except things like "should drugs be legal on runnerboro" well who's gonna stop someone from dealing drugs xD
The people have a say that's why we have elections they directly vote for the candidates that represent what they want done for the island.

Shadow_stalker77

Jul 14, 2017
Then why were taxes added when the poll showed that 3 people said yes and 13 said no?

Shadow_stalker77

Jul 14, 2017
Seems like the executive branch has too much power ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and you might want to explode Runnerboro, at least you'll have a fresh start

T

Trump15024

Seems like the executive branch has too much power ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and you might want to explode Runnerboro, at least you'll have a fresh start
Apparently, Sundae doesn't tell you what goes on about Runnerboro. Its funny how you say that the president is a dictator when I introduced a bill and it was passed with sundae22 voting yes that makes all branches of the Runnerboro government have 1/3 power and to increase the checks and balance system.

Shadow_stalker77

Jul 14, 2017
Never said the word "dictator;" I was talking about how you introduced the taxes despite strong opposition from Runnerboro citizens; and why would sundae tell me secret information about the government? She doesn't tell me things from the staff chat, arch chat, or Runnerboro chat because I don't belong in them

T

Trump15024

Never said the word "dictator;" I was talking about how you introduced the taxes despite strong opposition from Runnerboro citizens; and why would sundae tell me secret information about the government? She doesn't tell me things from the staff chat, arch chat, or Runnerboro chat because I don't belong in them
It's no secret. The taxes were passed by a majority, not by me.

T

Trump15024

Then don't say that the government listens to its citizens, because it clearly does not
Yes, it does Runnerboro is the only island on McCities that allows people to directly vote for candidates that support what they want to be done.