Spreading The Good News

Robert DeVries

Zero_Industria
Zero_Industria
Sep 11, 2019
Akkalah
My ultimate objective in the game right now is to reach Architect, and in order to do that I need at least $90k and a good build. I've gotten good reviews on my practice build, so now all I think I need is the $90k, and that's where the subject of this thread comes in.

After doing some number crunching I believe I have determined the most efficient laziest way to make money: sugarcane. Here are my numbers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XU1r5H2VCQWhdJsCUOEULxNViJINWZKZjJONG5ZEWPs/edit?usp=sharing

As you can see, wheat has the most value per 64 stack at $3 per bundle of wheat, sugarcane is $1.875 per bundle, and potatoes clock in at a 1-to-1 ratio of $1 per. This means that a stack of wheat is worth $192, sugarcane is worth $120, and potatoes are $64. With this information, wheat is clearly the most valuable crop of the three. However, I had a hunch that it was not the most effective cash crop. Something about sugarcane made me think: "So wheat is clearly the most valuable per stack, but is it the most valuable per farm?" I took to doing some research, the result of which is the spreadsheet above. As you can see the sugarcane farm yields twice as produce than either crop and is 25% more valuable, with a total farm value of over $3k, compared to wheat at $2.45k and potatoes at $0.8k.

There are also other factors that have made me choose a sugarcane farm over the others. Firstly, sugarcane is a fast-growing crop, taking an average of 30-ish minutes to fully grow, which means that there is less time between harvests. Secondly, sugarcane does not require to be resown after each harvest, greatly reducing the amount of time between harvests. Finally, sugarcane farms can be rapidly expanded due to its height and growth rate.

After only two days, my farm has grown from three sugarcane reeds into two full levels, with a gross output of $6,060 per harvest and 3,264 sugarcane bundles (51 stacks).

So, ladies and gentlemen, I advise you to convert your wheat farms into sugarcane farms for maximum profits and efficiency.
Yours truly,
~Robert DeVries aka Zero_Industria, Director of the Department of Energy and Technology, and Executive to the Akkalah Unitary State

Attachments

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
My ultimate objective in the game right now is to reach Architect, and in order to do that I need at least $90k and a good build. I've gotten good reviews on my practice build, so now all I think I need is the $90k, and that's where the subject of this thread comes in.

After doing some number crunching I believe I have determined the most efficient laziest way to make money: sugarcane. Here are my numbers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XU1r5H2VCQWhdJsCUOEULxNViJINWZKZjJONG5ZEWPs/edit?usp=sharing

As you can see, wheat has the most value per 64 stack at $3 per bundle of wheat, sugarcane is $1.875 per bundle, and potatoes clock in at a 1-to-1 ratio of $1 per. This means that a stack of wheat is worth $192, sugarcane is worth $120, and potatoes are $64. With this information, wheat is clearly the most valuable crop of the three. However, I had a hunch that it was not the most effective cash crop. Something about sugarcane made me think: "So wheat is clearly the most valuable per stack, but is it the most valuable per farm?" I took to doing some research, the result of which is the spreadsheet above. As you can see the sugarcane farm yields twice as produce than either crop and is 25% more valuable, with a total farm value of over $3k, compared to wheat at $2.45k and potatoes at $0.8k.

There are also other factors that have made me choose a sugarcane farm over the others. Firstly, sugarcane is a fast-growing crop, taking an average of 30-ish minutes to fully grow, which means that there is less time between harvests. Secondly, sugarcane does not require to be resown after each harvest, greatly reducing the amount of time between harvests. Finally, sugarcane farms can be rapidly expanded due to its height and growth rate.

After only two days, my farm has grown from three sugarcane reeds into two full levels, with a gross output of $6,060 per harvest and 3,264 sugarcane bundles (51 stacks).

So, ladies and gentlemen, I advise you to convert your wheat farms into sugarcane farms for maximum profits and efficiency.
Yours truly,
~Robert DeVries aka Zero_Industria, Director of the Department of Energy and Technology, and Executive to the Akkalah Unitary State
you tested the rate of growth, but were the final yields measured after a set period of time for both (sugarcane and wheat) as well?

Reactions: ItzJazzMade