The Reputation System

JacksonRop2442

Minister Of Creative
JacksonRop2442
JacksonRop2442
Jun 21, 2015
Western Australia, Australia
Hello,

In my short time being back, I have found many new items, features, and plugins since last I played. One of those being the 'Reputation' System.

I have asked multiple people in game about its purpose, Staff members included, and none have been able to give me a definitive or clear answer. I believe that this post is not only for me, but for the whole community who currently enjoy playing McCities.

So my questions are as follows;

1) What is the purpose of the Reputation System/Plugin and how does it work?
2) How does one gain Reputation?
3) What are "Reputation Points" and their purpose?
4) How does one fix a negative reputation?
5) How does one get their reputation back after being falsely jailed?

So those are my questions to the staff, if any other played have any other questions, please post them down below and if I can edit this post, I'll post them below and give credit to the user that submitted them.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and hopefully answer my questions. :D

~JacksonRop2442

Last edited:

Dwimmer

Principal
jjaacckkssoonn
jjaacckkssoonn
Jun 21, 2018
Australia
google.com
1. It used to be used in applying for police but not so much anymore and you could see whether someone was a criminal or not, and basically, it works by if you get jailed you lose 3 rep.
2. You used to be able to gain rep with the main way being /giverep <player> which u could do once every day to a different person I believe but a while back they removed that feature, I'm not sure why.
3. Rep points are just a thing on ur profile which you can see by doing /rep <player> they don't have much of a purpose these days
4. You are unable to fix a negative reputation at this point in time
5. There used to be a /free command which would free the player and return their lost rep but that hasn't worked in a while so you cant get your rep back right now

hope this helped

JacksonRop2442

Minister Of Creative
JacksonRop2442
JacksonRop2442
Jun 21, 2015
1. It used to be used in applying for police but not so much anymore and you could see whether someone was a criminal or not, and basically, it works by if you get jailed you lose 3 rep.
2. You used to be able to gain rep with the main way being /giverep <player> which u could do once every day to a different person I believe but a while back they removed that feature, I'm not sure why.
3. Rep points are just a thing on ur profile which you can see by doing /rep <player> they don't have much of a purpose these days
5. There used to be a /free command which would free the player and return their lost rep but that hasn't worked in a while so you cant get your rep back right now

hope this helped
I'm just at work at the minute, I'll reply properly when I get home owo

~JacksonRop2442

JacksonRop2442

Minister Of Creative
JacksonRop2442
JacksonRop2442
Jun 21, 2015

hope this helped
If I may be so brash, but what is the point of the reputation system now if the features of it have been removed/no longer function? It would seem that when it was first implemented that it indeed, did serve a purpose. Now however, I see no point..

~JacksonRop2442

PS - Sorry for the late reply

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
It's only useful for criminals.

The functions were removed so the developer could implement a more advanced and enjoyable system, sadly he got bussy and wasn't able to finish the project.

We can consider bringing back /giverep and fixing /free, but I believe Coban is the only one capable of doing so at this time. We will see what happens.

JacksonRop2442

Minister Of Creative
JacksonRop2442
JacksonRop2442
Jun 21, 2015
It's only useful for criminals.

The functions were removed so the developer could implement a more advanced and enjoyable system, sadly he got bussy and wasn't able to finish the project.

We can consider bringing back /giverep and fixing /free, but I believe Coban is the only one capable of doing so at this time. We will see what happens.
Exaclty, perhaps adding those commands back or find an alternative plugin with much the same features owo.

I think that bringing back those commands would be beneficial for the community.

Thanks for the response Jazz :D

~JacksonRop2442