Add A Couple More Island Cities?

Should there be like 5 more islands added?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jabu

MisterColin
MisterColin
Dec 22, 2016
Canada
I've been noticing lately that there has been a lot of people on like 100+ people on a lot. Lots of them have money to buy plots/houses. Except there's one problem, there's no plots/houses for sale for them to buy and when there is houses they're way over priced.

My idea is that like 5 island cities could be added and sold to make more plots and houses for the people who need to buy houses and stable the eco for a while.

Reactions: Wonder and laggynab

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
There is definitely not a lack of properties, just lack of players willing to share and hoard the properties. If any changes were made, it would likely be made around hoarded plots, not by adding more plots.

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
There is definitely not a lack of properties, just lack of players willing to share and hoard the properties. If any changes were made, it would likely be made around hoarded plots, not by adding more plots.
Maybe a fix for this could be ... if you are inactive for a month it slowly auto sells some of your plots (until 2 months of inactivity)

Reactions: laggynab

Hidden124

RobWilson
RobWilson
A max limit on properties should be added in my opinion, around maybe 8-10 regions per person would greatly help to increase the amount of properties for sale in my opinion as some players own around 15-20 regions currently.

H

Heather

Kiri is correct, we have no lack of plots, only an issue with older and richer players hoarding them. We have previously discussed lowering the plot limit or the auto sell time but have decided against it for now. Players often buy and sell plots a lot so if you ask around and ask in chat you can find someone selling pretty easily. In addition to that, /as info reselling is definitely helpful. Adding more islands wouldn't help a plot problem.

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
Kiri is correct, we have no lack of plots, only an issue with older and richer players hoarding them. We have previously discussed lowering the plot limit or the auto sell time but have decided against it for now. Players often buy and sell plots a lot so if you ask around and ask in chat you can find someone selling pretty easily. In addition to that, /as info reselling is definitely helpful. Adding more islands wouldn't help a plot problem.
Biggest problem is people offering so little for plots.

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
I've been noticing lately that there has been a lot of people on like 100+ people on a lot. Lots of them have money to buy plots/houses. Except there's one problem, there's no plots/houses for sale for them to buy and when there is houses they're way over priced.

My idea is that like 5 island cities could be added and sold to make more plots and houses for the people who need to buy houses and stable the eco for a while.
Plus 3 Islands were unregioned and not replaced (Amber Island, Austrum and Jbrod)

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
Biggest problem is people offering so little for plots.
Exactly! I did try to sell some of my plots the other day, and there were people desperate for plots but they didn't offer that much for the plot. This made me think "it's not hurting me to keep the plot, so I guess I'll keep it". However, I do think hoarding is a problem and the reason for this needing of plots.

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
A max limit on properties should be added in my opinion, around maybe 8-10 regions per person would greatly help to increase the amount of properties for sale in my opinion as some players own around 15-20 regions currently.
There is already a 20 cap and we already discussed why it shouldn't be lower. I keep stating that LAND IS CONSUMABLE, but no one seems to listen. This is just going to get worse because older players are going to hit that cap and there will be no plots for anyone else.

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
There is already a 20 cap and we already discussed why it shouldn't be lower. I keep stating that LAND IS CONSUMABLE, but no one seems to listen. This is just going to get worse because older players are going to hit that cap and there will be no plots for anyone else.
You are completely ignoring other factors, people like having a lot of land, sure, but more land is not at all good. More properties mean expansion, meaning less dense cities (Which basically means you'll never really find anyone living near you or get a chance to interact with other people in general). We'd like to keep properties to minimum to promote natural interaction, having more property does not at all help that. It makes it more fun for people to look around and find people to talk to or places to look around, not have just a bunch of properties laying around where they live and don't ever see anyone living near them.

Of course it can be lower, especially if it's not being used. You don't need 20 properties to start a real estate or a company. However, I do understand there's just not enough to spend money on except for properties once you have millions of dollars, we'll just have to think of something else for that.

H

Heather

Though it is understandable why some were un-regioned, like Austrum.
Why howcome? is it just a massive island ?
Austrum was never regioned appropriately. Lemonss, a currently banned player, was admin for a few weeks during the conflict that happened last summer. He made Austrum during his time as admin and only regioned it and set himself as the region owner, instead of registering it as an area shop region and buying it. In this way he made sure that it could not be auto sold if he went inactive nor bought by any other players. This is why Austrum is so large, Lemonss made it for himself because he wanted a large island even though what he did was abuse.

(For players who are unfamiliar with regioning and area shop... Each property that you can buy or rent is regioned then added to the area shop "marketplace" as a buy or rent listing. Regularly made regions have 'owner' and 'member' positions. Area shop works by adding the renter or the buyer to the 'member' section so they have full access to the region. So if you have perms to region, like Lemonss did, you can abuse by adding yourself to 'member' or 'owner' positions of a region to be able to modify it instead of having to buy it.)

Reactions: Jo3512

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
Exactly! I did try to sell some of my plots the other day, and there were people desperate for plots but they didn't offer that much for the plot. This made me think "it's not hurting me to keep the plot, so I guess I'll keep it". However, I do think hoarding is a problem and the reason for this needing of plots.
I have had multiple people (noobs and non noobs) offered me like 50k for a 300k plot this is why I have so many properties.

nohomie

Verified
kirspy
kirspy
Citizen
Jul 9, 2017
I have had multiple people (noobs and non noobs) offered me like 50k for a 300k plot this is why I have so many properties.
Are there plots that are anywhere in the 50k range though? I haven't seen anything but stuff that was very expensive and 300k is a lot for your first house kinda lol

Death

Mar 18, 2017
No just no, i already feel short with 20 plots, so most rich players like fvhn like keep the plots that are cool and big and have high value, due to having a region cap. Honestly there is a lot of house, around 40-50 by captain levl. Well a huge sale will happen if he ever dosent reset his time limit.
Maybe a fix for this could be ... if you are inactive for a month it slowly auto sells some of your plots (until 2 months of inactivity)
I dont think this is good unless people really abuse to come on for 1 day and reset it. For 1 what if we are on vacation on a trip and come back finding to know your favorite server took all the houses and plots you earned for. Even if it wasnt 2 months. I usually go inacitve for a week but, still I play mccities. Wouldnt you rage quit if your million dollar plots went forsale cus you were on a vacation

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
Are there plots that are anywhere in the 50k range though? I haven't seen anything but stuff that was very expensive and 300k is a lot for your first house kinda lol
Yes there are.

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Austrum was never regioned appropriately. Lemonss, a currently banned player, was admin for a few weeks during the conflict that happened last summer. He made Austrum during his time as admin and only regioned it and set himself as the region owner, instead of registering it as an area shop region and buying it. In this way he made sure that it could not be auto sold if he went inactive nor bought by any other players. This is why Austrum is so large, Lemonss made it for himself because he wanted a large island even though what he did was abuse.

(For players who are unfamiliar with regioning and area shop... Each property that you can buy or rent is regioned then added to the area shop "marketplace" as a buy or rent listing. Regularly made regions have 'owner' and 'member' positions. Area shop works by adding the renter or the buyer to the 'member' section so they have full access to the region. So if you have perms to region, like Lemonss did, you can abuse by adding yourself to 'member' or 'owner' positions of a region to be able to modify it instead of having to buy it.)
I think I have a plot like this. I own h70, but when I check the region info it says Ghibli owns it and that I am renting it from him ?? Thanks for the enlightenment xd