Add fires and firefighters

fvhn

Former Staff
Nov 26, 2016
I think this will only be fun for the firemans. Maybe it can be fun for you too if it happened to you for the first or second time, but after it happened several times it will bore you and annoy you cause your house is griefed, even if the blocks regen.
People will start building more and more with blocks that cannot be burned down. That would be pity cause wood can be a very beautiful adding to your house.
Also it would make the city look terrible with all those destroyed houses, you can say make the chance to get fire in your house lower, but the firemans need a job to do.

I am sorry, but I am not a big fan of this idea.

D

Deleted member 832

I think this will only be fun for the firemans. Maybe it can be fun for you too if it happened to you for the first or second time, but after it happened several times it will bore you and annoy you cause your house is griefed, even if the blocks regen.
People will start building more and more with blocks that cannot be burned down. That would be pity cause wood can be a very beautiful adding to your house.
Also it would make the city look terrible with all those destroyed houses, you can say make the chance to get fire in your house lower, but the firemans need a job to do.

It wouldn’t happen several times to you. Like a 1/100 chance. The plugin would only allow arsonists to set one fire every 30 mins and once a region is set on fire it can’t be targeted for 1 week? People could also choose to opt out

fvhn

Former Staff
Nov 26, 2016
It wouldn’t happen several times to you. Like a 1/100 chance. The plugin would only allow arsonists to set one fire every 30 mins and once a region is set on fire it can’t be targeted for 1 week? People could also choose to opt out
Sounds better

D

Deleted member 832

Also the police fine for attempted arson would be 1k and successful arson 3k

Death

Mar 18, 2017
the opt out idea is pretty vague i mean the trend could die down due to this, we just need apts not going on fire cus noobs leave their chests open and people could easily jump in and rob them

Reactions: Powerfull

lukeblaster9

Aug 5, 2017
Yall do realize that just because it catches fire doesn't mean it has to break blocks? XD on xxx they have set places that catch fire randomly, the blocks do not break it just fills with fire, you could do similar, except it wouldn't be set buildings, it could be any place. XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Yall do realize that just because it catches fire doesn't mean it has to break blocks? XD on Vindex they have set places that catch fire randomly, the blocks do not break it just fills with fire, you could do similar, except it wouldn't be set buildings, it could be any place. XD
Thats not fun Xd

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
I can see the appeal, but like Fvhn and TheDamondTiger stated, it's not exactly appropriate for this server in the current manner

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com

very true, good point

lukeblaster9

Aug 5, 2017
Luke why do you have to recommend ideas from another server. Your just knocking off another server...
No I'm not?

Vindex has a few buildings, just THOSE buildings that set fire, and they are at random times. My idea is that when you use a furnace there's a 1/10 or 1/100 chance of starting a fire, which will spread, but not break blocks, Vindex does not have this, they may have fires, but this is different, and allows the server to have a new jib which adds realism and new opportunities for players.