Expanding McCities

T

Trump15024

Hello! I have been thinking about this for awhile now and I wanted to go ahead and make the suggestion because it will help the server greatly! It will aslo make the server more realastic and more popular.

I read an old post about when old owners and staff were going to make like cities like New York. Now I dont think they got it done (correct me if i am wrong) so I am suggesting the staff expands the server using multiverse and making many modern cities. Instead of Cayman and Blumont and New City there can be things like New York, London, Delhi, Paris, Seoul. This will increase the number of plots and just think how many new players this could bring. The server archs could make the cities at a slow but productive way and make it look as modern as possible. Just think you could have a plot in Paris. This server is called McCities so why not make it all kinds of cities its called cities for a reason. Here are some picures of what the cities could look like (close to it lol)

http://imgur.com/a/SdSsC
http://imgur.com/a/APOwQ
http://imgur.com/a/Ue4TO
http://imgur.com/a/lCgs0

I think its time to expand McCities into more reallife cities. If this is done it will make the server even more awesome.

T

Trump15024

Also possibly like Washington DC could be one with all the cool buildings and monuments because once I build D.C. On a single player world

Reactions: LavaFlake

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
You'd need like 30 arches working day and night for a year to have this happen. It's just not that possible unless you allow a lot of time for it. Plus I don't know about other arches but I don't want to spend all of my server time building this city and then admin(singular) would have to region plots and it would take her forever to do that. Basically, it's a good idea but with the people we have right now of the staff team and arch team it's not that plausible.

T

Trump15024

You'd need like 30 arches working day and night for a year to have this happen. It's just not that possible unless you allow a lot of time for it. Plus I don't know about other arches but I don't want to spend all of my server time building this city and then admin(singular) would have to region plots and it would take her forever to do that. Basically, it's a good idea but with the people we have right now of the staff team and arch team it's not that plausible.
Well the archs could go at a slow pace. Also possibly players could help in a new multiverse world. We need more cities as new players come on and plots are in high demand for residential and business use and these cities can be you know smaller than what's in the pictures.

Reactions: Jabu

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
Well the archs could go at a slow pace. Also possibly players could help in a new multiverse world. We need more cities as new players come on and plots are in high demand for residential and business use.
This many building would take the economy the other direction making plots worth dollars. The high demand is a problem but making tons of plots is going to ruin it even more. The arches taking a "slow pace" would result in about 3 builds per week and at th very least 100 builds, that's approximately 33 weeks and that's if the arches don't get less enthusiastic towards the end. The odds are against your favor since I don't think people want to have a deadline for builds. There's only 4 active arches-Bean, Turkey, Davi, and I and it's not enough. Hiring a bunch of new arches could be a bad move too. This would let more things slip through like players who copied friends or YouTube builds. It would also lower the standards for arches when we are no long looking for the best builders but just the builds that can mildly build ok. Don't even try to say some of this stuff isn't true.

T

Trump15024

This many building would take the economy the other direction making plots worth dollars. The high demand is a problem but making tons of plots is going to ruin it even more. The arches taking a "slow pace" would result in about 3 builds per week and at th very least 100 builds, that's approximately 33 weeks and that's if the arches don't get less enthusiastic towards the end. The odds are against your favor since I don't think people want to have a deadline for builds. There's only 4 active arches-Bean, Turkey, Davi, and I and it's not enough. Hiring a bunch of new arches could be a bad move too. This would let more things slip through like players who copied friends or YouTube builds. It would also lower the standards for arches when we are no long looking for the best builders but just the builds that can mildly build ok. Don't even try to say some of this stuff isn't true.
I am not going to say its false. However, the server needs more cities and a expansion. Lets say 10 new players join (usaully more) lets say 5 of them really get into the game and wants to start a business and wants a nice house. By the time those 5 players get the money to buy a plot the other group of people that joined last week had the money before them and buy some plots and then new and old players are searching and cant find any plots. If no one can find plots for there houses and business the economy will crash and no money will be being made and then other people will not have money to pay you or me for services. To make money you have to have plots and we need more cities using multiverse.

Davina

Nov 2, 2016
^^

T

Trump15024

People say that this cannot be done but look at McCities already it took them time and effort to make this server the beautiful buildings and stuff it took effort and to expand the server there is going to have to be a will to put in some effort. Yes it will be a slow process but it can be done if we all contribute

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
People say that this cannot be done but look at McCities already it took them time and effort to make this server the beautiful buildings and stuff it took effort and to expand the server there is going to have to be a will to put in some effort. Yes it will be a slow process but it can be done if we all contribute
You obviously don't know how supply and demand works, so its not worth trying to explain why this is a terrible idea.

Reactions: Tricoh
T

Trump15024

@JustYourTypical said this long ago:
We are steadily making progress on mccities and it is turning out to be very successful.
We have already started making 2 new cities where players can live, which include:
London
New York
{many more to come}

We are hoping to add more to the server such as minigames which will be arriving shortly.
We will also being making the tutorials more interactive making it more fun for players to use as well as improving quality on the server, adding more to do and ensuring your enjoyment. Also we are starting to make our own wiki. Which would be amazing.

These will all be implemented in the not so far future. Hope you stick around.

If he did think this was a bad idea why was it being done long ago

Coban

Developer
Jul 31, 2014
This idea was previously discussed, however; it would require so much resources to get it done.
I thought of implementing like a public & private kind of system, where millionaires can buy assets from subways to docks and markets and have them build it themselves, sell it etc.. Just the way it is with apartments and islands, but on a larger scale.

T

Trump15024

This idea was previously discussed, however; it would require so much resources to get it done.
I thought of implementing like a public & private kind of system, where millionaires can buy assets from subways to docks and markets and have them build it themselves, sell it etc.. Just the way it is with apartments and islands, but on a larger scale.
Thats a good idea

D

Deleted member 832

I remember that Amsterdam was created, but I think Kiri killed it, along with lismore.

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
i think it would be a great idea to have more cities because if u haven't noticed houses typically go for 100k+ to most people that's not much, but to players that just joined it would take forever to reach that amount with the knowledge they have of the server and they will most likely end up quitting. One of the most things I'm confused about is how this server isn't one of the most popular servers because of how creative it is and a number of options it provides, I do think Gabriels idea is good but like what pixel said unrealistic, but i do think that regioning empty land would help stabilize the economy without causing it to drop massively. Another thing i would like to point out is that the whole time i was on this server my dream is to buy an island of my own but its literally impossible, i spent almost 2 months looking for one and i have more than enough money for one and when i talked to staff about it i was told it was supposed to be rare, its not rare its simply impossible!

Reactions: Trump15024