Votes: 15 75.0%
  • nahh we dont need more

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Death

Mar 18, 2017
actually if you want to sell your plots you can sell them to the server
Good idea, tho the thing is most people are afraid to since they think they can get more by selling to players who are more willing to buy them.

__Remy

TotallyNotRemy
TotallyNotRemy
Feb 18, 2017
The Titanic
Good idea, tho the thing is most people are afraid to since they think they can get more by selling to players who are more willing to buy them.
well no one is willing to buy them really so you get more from selling to server and you will know you are helping the server

Death

Mar 18, 2017
That is the problem people just buy random properties all the time and keep them. I agree with taxes and maybe even like if people can't sell their properties they can contact staff and have them to put it on resell for a resonable price.
I don't get the second part, wdym people can't sell their properties? Is it like ask staff to get some guys plot to automatically sell it or get some good price suggestion?

Death

Mar 18, 2017
well no one is willing to buy them really so you get more from selling to server and you will know you are helping the server
Ill try it out perhaps, since I have some plots I don't really use nor intend to keep it. I keep them for selling to other players.

Reactions: __Remy

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Well, here's the problem:

1. People that generally ask for more land from what I've seen are those people that already have copious amount of properties they don't even use.

2. It's not the matter of reselling it, people keep numerous houses that they never use just because it looks good.

3. Regioning plots will barely make a dent, and it'll only help the rich anyways because they have money to buy them up.

The whole solution shouldn't be "make more regions until people are satisfied" because that would mean thousands of regions. The whole idea of taxes were to bring property prices down for those that need it and keep people from hoarding plots.

We can have any amount of cheap plots available, and it won't matter because it will almost never go to the new players to begin with. Because let's be honest, are you really making these suggestions for more region for the new players or just for you to get more properties for yourself?
I think the taxes are pretty good

Reactions: Jabu and __Remy
T

Trump15024

I don't get the second part, wdym people can't sell their properties? Is it like ask staff to get some guys plot to automatically sell it or get some good price suggestion?
Like staff can buy back plots from you for a reasonable price and put it on for resale for other players

Jabu

MisterColin
MisterColin
Dec 22, 2016
Canada

1. People that generally ask for more land from what I've seen are those people that already have copious amount of properties they don't even use.

2. It's not the matter of reselling it, people keep numerous houses that they never use just because it looks good.

3. Regioning plots will barely make a dent, and it'll only help the rich anyways because they have money to buy them up.

The whole solution shouldn't be "make more regions until people are satisfied" because that would mean thousands of regions. The whole idea of taxes were to bring property prices down for those that need it and keep people from hoarding plots.

We can have any amount of cheap plots available, and it won't matter because it will almost never go to the new players to begin with. Because let's be honest, are you really making these suggestions for more region for the new players or just for you to get more properties for yourself?
That's where my idea comes in, a special staff member who holds onto new plots and sells them to noobs for a fair price. Not giving rich people the chance to steal them.

D

Deleted member 832

With the region limit it stops people from owning 'copious' amounts of land. From what I see, if we regioned Golden Oaks it wouldn't be a 'copious' amount as land would be abundant. Sure, land is a show of power, and why stop people? If you want these displays of superiority you have to work for them. We had 100+ players in summer, who all disappeared due to lack of plots. I also think there should be a price guide, price per block, much like Zain had enforced. There should also be correction of plot prices, as I had @Izzie tell me that 2.5m for a 20x20 plot was OK and that they 'couldn't' correct it. I know fully well that they can, and that you encourage that, just that they probably couldn't be bothered. Anyways,enough of that, more land wouldn't affect the economy any worse than it does now, true, I own properties that I don't use that much but I can only own 20. There isn't really a way to go over that, as far as I know. I remember when large plots went for 50k, small ones for as little as 5k. People could afford it. 'Noob Plots' aren't really a concept, if you want a plot you work for it, farming etc etc. You could even impose a rank restriction to stop rich players from owning cheap plots, I'm sure it isn't hard. Plot prices are crazy, thats why a set pricing system would work very well. For example I bought sky45 for 200k back in the day and I sold it for 6 times more, a77 bought for 300k, now worth double that. It's like stocks to say the least, it needs to be corrected.

This is all I have to say on the matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
That's where my idea comes in, a special staff member who holds onto new plots and sells them to noobs for a fair price. Not giving rich people the chance to steal them.
This would give a biased opinion towards who is rich or not

Neilio_Xtreme

Neilio_Xtreme
Neilio_Xtreme
Oct 10, 2017
The underlying problem seems to be that as properties keep getting bought up, built on, then sold, over and over again, the price for a small plot has effectively inflated just because it turned hands multiple times. This concept means that under the current model, prices will only continue to go up and up, given that nobody wants to sell for the same/less than they bought for.

Here's a nifty idea that might appease both sides: A sliding tax scale, which increases as the # of plots owned increases. So that your first plot is taxed at a normal rate, but as you buy more the tax rate per plot increases. Maybe utilize a bracket system (2-5 plots, 6-10 plots, etc.) , that goes up not quite exponentially but definitely has an upward curve in the rate of increase in tax per plot.
What this does: Places an incentive on property circulation. At a certain point an owner of a large number of plots will decide what their feasible limit is as far as the number of plots they can continue to afford. If the amount they own is larger than this limit, they will be motivated to either sell for a reasonable price or cut their losses and sell to the server. This would provide motivation for plots to be sold at or possibly even below the original value, as that would be more realistic in a roleplay sense.

Prospective house owners would have a more regulated, better-circulating market to choose from. They would also avoid the general restriction that a flat plot tax increase would mean.

Also more rental houses might help with the issue of middle-class citizens wanting more space than an apartment but not being wealthy enough to buy a plot.

Reactions: Jabu

gracie

Mar 7, 2016

Listen, I feel as if this is directed towards me. But, I think this works for anyone. I remember awhile ago (I'm an OG player) you had the ablilty to /as sell [region]. I thought this was awesome so that it puts plots on forsale, and you get money.

Reactions: Powerfull

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Listen, I feel as if this is directed towards me. But, I think this works for anyone. I remember awhile ago (I'm an OG player) you had the ablilty to /as sell [region]. I thought this was awesome so that it puts plots on forsale, and you get money.
/as sell is good as it auto prices, the thing is you get 0% of your money back ,maybe they can fix that.

D

Deleted member 832

Well, when we had heather she actually did a good job of moderating régions, I had over 40 at the time and she helped me minimise

Reactions: Jabu