Slimefun Cargo Management Issues

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
I'm having major issues with Cargo Management at my region. All these problems started after a server restart. Everything had been working fine for days. Then, after a routine server restart, everything stopped working. I've been trying to get help from admins to no avail. I keep getting told that they will report it to "higher staff", but higher staff is yet to be seen. So, I'm going to post this here in hopes that somebody looks into it.

The following is just one example of how things have broken.

This is my setup: I have an electric ore grinder, electric gold pan, and a chest (see below)

setup.png

Here are my node setups:

Electric Ore Crusher has an input node set to channel 2 (orange) with gravel in the whitelist.
ore_crusher_input.png

Electric Gold Pan has an input and output node. The output node is set to channel 2 (orange) in order to receive the gravel from the ore crusher.
goldpan_output.png

The input node of the Electric Gold Pan is set to channel 3 (magenta) with flint, sifted ore, and clay on the whitelist. This should send these items to the chest which is on the same channel.
goldpan_input.png

And finally, here is the chest output node. It is on channel 3 (magenta) and should be receiving flint, sifted ore, and clay from the electric gold pan.
chest_output.png

-- Here are all the problems ---

When I put cobblestone into the electric ore grinder, it converts it into gravel and sends it to the gold pan. The problem here is that instead of sending the items from the gold pan to the chest, its putting the items back into itself. This ONLY happens if I have an input node on the gold pan. If I don't place an input node, it works as expected.

goldpan.png

Also, for some reason, on occasion, the electric ore grinder is completely skipping the gold pan entirely and placing the gravel into the chest:

chest_inv.png

This makes no sense to me. Each "step" is on a different channel. The electric ore crusher is supposed to send the gravel to the electric gold pan on the orange channel. The electric gold pan is supposed to send the flint, sifted ore, and clay to the chest on the magenta channel. How the gravel is going from the electric ore crusher to the chest is completely baffling me. I also have no explanation as to why the sifted ore and clay are going back into the electric gold pan instead of being sent to the chest.

Keep in mind that this isn't simply just something setup wrong. I had not modified my setup since I created it. It had been working flawlessly for days. Then, on a particular server restart, it stopped working and has yet to fix. If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know. Somebody suggested that the nodes may have broken, so I replaced all nodes with new ones--that didn't work. I even replaced the electric ore crusher and gold pan, but still the same problems.

Hopefully somebody has a solution to this glitch!!

Attachments

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Btw, radars are illegal...

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
Btw, radars are illegal...
Had no idea. I'll disable it. It never ever crossed my mind that it would be illegal. I figured the server would have disabled if it was not allowed.
Thanks for pointing out something unrelated and not providing ANY input to the issue though! Appreciate it ........

Tricoh

Tricoh
Tricoh
Jan 21, 2017
Florida
osu.ppy.sh
I'm having major issues with Cargo Management at my region. All these problems started after a server restart. Everything had been working fine for days. Then, after a routine server restart, everything stopped working. I've been trying to get help from admins to no avail. I keep getting told that they will report it to "higher staff", but higher staff is yet to be seen. So, I'm going to post this here in hopes that somebody looks into it.

The following is just one example of how things have broken.

This is my setup: I have an electric ore grinder, electric gold pan, and a chest (see below)

View attachment 3545

Here are my node setups:

Electric Ore Crusher has an input node set to channel 2 (orange) with gravel in the whitelist.
View attachment 3548

Electric Gold Pan has an input and output node. The output node is set to channel 2 (orange) in order to receive the gravel from the ore crusher.
View attachment 3550

The input node of the Electric Gold Pan is set to channel 3 (magenta) with flint, sifted ore, and clay on the whitelist. This should send these items to the chest which is on the same channel.
View attachment 3549

And finally, here is the chest output node. It is on channel 3 (magenta) and should be receiving flint, sifted ore, and clay from the electric gold pan.
View attachment 3551

-- Here are all the problems ---

When I put cobblestone into the electric ore grinder, it converts it into gravel and sends it to the gold pan. The problem here is that instead of sending the items from the gold pan to the chest, its putting the items back into itself. This ONLY happens if I have an input node on the gold pan. If I don't place an input node, it works as expected.

View attachment 3546

Also, for some reason, on occasion, the electric ore grinder is completely skipping the gold pan entirely and placing the gravel into the chest:

View attachment 3547

This makes no sense to me. Each "step" is on a different channel. The electric ore crusher is supposed to send the gravel to the electric gold pan on the orange channel. The electric gold pan is supposed to send the flint, sifted ore, and clay to the chest on the magenta channel. How the gravel is going from the electric ore crusher to the chest is completely baffling me. I also have no explanation as to why the sifted ore and clay are going back into the electric gold pan instead of being sent to the chest.

Keep in mind that this isn't simply just something setup wrong. I had not modified my setup since I created it. It had been working flawlessly for days. Then, on a particular server restart, it stopped working and has yet to fix. If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know. Somebody suggested that the nodes may have broken, so I replaced all nodes with new ones--that didn't work. I even replaced the electric ore crusher and gold pan, but still the same problems.

Hopefully somebody has a solution to this glitch!!
I'm not a slimefun nerd but, there has been a lot of problems with slimefun lately.
Like, in the forums, some people posted about things turning into heads and such.
So yeah, be careful while doing slimefun.

Reactions: Powerfull
D

Deleted member 832

Had no idea. I'll disable it. It never ever crossed my mind that it would be illegal. I figured the server would have disabled if it was not allowed.
Thanks for pointing out something unrelated and not providing ANY input to the issue though! Appreciate it ........
Minimes are allowed, just turn off player radar and cave map

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
I'm not a slimefun nerd but, there has been a lot of problems with slimefun lately.
Like, in the forums, some people posted about things turning into heads and such.
So yeah, be careful while doing slimefun.
Well, that sucks. The whole reason I started playing on this server was to mess around with Slimefun. It took me forever to gather up all the resources to make some awesome things--and now they don't work! So disappointed.....

Reactions: Tricoh

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
There are no problems with the machines itself from what I can see. Try going through each machine and perhaps checking you haven't messed with anything accidentally or try breaking & placing them back.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Mini maps are allowed just disable radar for players, mobs, animals and disable the cave feature thing

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
There are no problems with the machines itself from what I can see. Try going through each machine and perhaps checking you haven't messed with anything accidentally or try breaking & placing them back.
I already did replace everything. I even went as far as crafting new nodes, a new electric ore crusher, and new electric gold pan. It's still acting completely buggy.

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
I already did replace everything. I even went as far as crafting new nodes, a new electric ore crusher, and new electric gold pan. It's still acting completely buggy.
Only changes made to slimefun was the version update, which shouldn't have made any changes to how cargo nodes behave

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
Here is proof of the issue's I've described. I just recorded this video a few minutes ago, so the problem is still occurring.

As you can see, whats supposed to happen is: cobble is converted to gravel in the electric ore crusher. Then the gravel is supposed to be sent to the electric gold pan where it is converted into either sifted ore, flint, or clay. Then, the sifted ore, flint, and clay is supposed to collect in the chest. But that's not happening. What is happening is: cobble is being converted into gravel. Some of that gravel is going straight into the chest. The other gravel is going into the gold pan. When the gold pan converts the gravel into sifted ore, flint, or clay, its not all going into the chest (it should!)--most is simply going back into the wrong slot in the electric gold pan. Eventually, it all backs up and all the gravel just heads straight into the chest. Makes no sense, but there's the proof of what I've been saying.

Last edited:

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
Just FYI, I rolled my own local minecraft server and threw on the Slimefun plugin. Replicated the exact same setup as I have on MCCities and it works as expected with no issues. So, the issue is localized, not something related to Slimefun itself.

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
Just FYI, I rolled my own local minecraft server and threw on the Slimefun plugin. Replicated the exact same setup as I have on MCCities and it works as expected with no issues. So, the issue is localized, not something related to Slimefun itself.
Question since you did say you tested it on another server:

1. What version was the server on?