Stuff for the Rich

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
Like most islands, foxmere has little to no space and is a flat slab of grass blocks. It's nothing like the mountainous, tree-plenty islands that I'm suggesting.
By the way, it was a player who made foxmere the ugly slab of grass that it is today. The same thing would happen to all the other islands if this were added, that is just one example.

Reactions: Turkey

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
Sorry if it wasn't clear in the original post, all of the islands would start off as a simple island in the middle of the ocean somewhere. Like one that already spawned. Then, the players can just build houses on that, improve it, or build an entirely new one.

Reactions: Powerfull

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
Sorry if it wasn't clear in the original post, all of the islands would start off as a simple island in the middle of the ocean somewhere. Like one that already spawned. Then, the players can just build houses on that, improve it, or build an entirely new one.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I understand what you are trying to do, I simply disagree. You can't see that these islands will start off pretty, but like most things people tend to break rules. People tend to do things like expand their island out into a square, people tend to ruin islands like that. These comments are not a lack of understanding, everyone is being quite clear. This would negatively effect the economy and the real rich players that already own an island. Also, this idea doesn't benefit a small portion of players, it benefits over half the players. You know why this is? Because the economy has problems. This will not fix or help these problems in anyway, in fact it will hinder.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I understand what you are trying to do, I simply disagree. You can't see that these islands will start off pretty, but like most things people tend to break rules. People tend to do things like expand their island out into a square, people tend to ruin islands like that. These comments are not a lack of understanding, everyone is being quite clear. This would negatively effect the economy and the real rich players that already own an island. Also, this idea doesn't benefit a small portion of players, it benefits over half the players. You know why this is? Because the economy has problems. This will not fix or help these problems in anyway, in fact it will hinder.
The housing problem wont get fixed idk why all these stupid players are commenting about houses since ond a private island wont fix the housing problem since only the uber rich can buy it and two, you can't region plots on it and 3 if you wanted to region houses, than region the empty land areas in NewCity

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
There's not really a reason to make their islands into a square, they can't make money from the island or anything. It's just a private thing for the rich, and players will most likely make the islands into their dream estates (as it's the point of the islands). I think that players were trying to make as much money as possible, and as quickly as possible, when they did the slab of grass blocks.

And yeah, what Death said. This is only for the rich, as said in the title. It wouldn't help the "housing crisis" at all.

Reactions: LavaFlake

Death

Mar 18, 2017
There's not really a reason to make their islands into a square, they can't make money from the island or anything. It's just a private thing for the rich, and players will most likely make the islands into their dream estates (as it's the point of the islands). I think that players were trying to make as much money as possible, and as quickly as possible, when they did the slab of grass blocks.

And yeah, what Death said. This is only for the rich, as said in the title. It wouldn't help the "housing crisis" at all.
How will this benefit the overall economy not just the "uber rich"

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
Public islands are being devalued anyways, with each plot that's regioned. A large part of the island's value is empty space for future regioning, and, eventually, an island will be almost worthless because it can't expand anymore. So some island owners are playing themselves.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
I don't want to argue because it's been said before, but it will devalue plots and islands, which is what I think the economy needs
So if this were to come true, then 5 would be made. Also how will people buy this, will it be a first come for serve since lets say they were 5mil each sundae could by like 5, have anyway to prevent it, also who would be these players elegiblr to buying one.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
So if this were to come true, then 5 would be made. Also how will people buy this, will it be a first come for serve since lets say they were 5mil each sundae could by like 5, have anyway to prevent it, also who would be these players elegiblr to buying one.
Would they just leave in autosale and people just horde em?

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Public islands are being devalued anyways, with each plot that's regioned. A large part of the island's value is empty space for future regioning, and, eventually, an island will be almost worthless because it can't expand anymore. So some island owners are playing themselves.
What about current private islands

Death

Mar 18, 2017
It would also be unfair to someone who hordes since they will get a lot of islands just by this, can it be like the initial only one per person but when bought from someone else u can have more than 1 of it