Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
I know people have been talking about 'adding island cities' and stuff, and I completely understand why this wouldn't work. However, I'd like to suggest adding good-sized islands that can't be broken up into smaller plots. Only one plot, the island itself, would be added, and it wouldn't be profitable to the owner of the island.

The could be multiple sizes and prices (bear with me, I honestly don't know prices),these are all up to the higher-up staff members if this is implemented but:
100x100 for $1.5m
150x150 for $2m
200x200 for $2.5m
250x250 for $3m
etc. etc.

Honestly, I just want to have an extremely private island that actually looks like an island with sandy beaches, tropical trees, mountains, a sprawling estate, a yacht, and stuff like that. Maybe I'm just greedy, but I absolutely love this idea.

There could also be a set selling price, so the island owner doesn't make money. This way, rich players could get something special for earning millions of dollars.

Feel free to give your input, especially on practicality of this suggestion and the prices/sizes.

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
I know people have been talking about 'adding island cities' and stuff, and I completely understand why this wouldn't work. However, I'd like to suggest adding good-sized islands that can't be broken up into smaller plots. Only one plot, the island itself, would be added, and it wouldn't be profitable to the owner of the island.

The could be multiple sizes and prices (bear with me, I honestly don't know prices),these are all up to the higher-up staff members if this is implemented but:
100x100 for $1.5m
150x150 for $2m
200x200 for $2.5m
250x250 for $3m
etc. etc.

Honestly, I just want to have an extremely private island that actually looks like an island with sandy beaches, tropical trees, mountains, a sprawling estate, a yacht, and stuff like that. Maybe I'm just greedy, but I absolutely love this idea.

There could also be a set selling price, so the island owner doesn't make money. This way, rich players could get something special for earning millions of dollars.

Feel free to give your input, especially on practicality of this suggestion and the prices/sizes.
I legit made a comment on this in a private convo. I love the idea!!! I think that 1M is a bit cheap tho... but overall, this sounds amazing!

T

Trump15024

Apple did a study and we found that even people making 250k plus a week still can't find a plot. Microsoft has its on study going on and we are working together to have more plots available. However @sundae22 i think this is a very good idea because not everyone will have a island just people who have worked hard for their money. I think though there should be a limit of islands you can have like 2. @nibble/@Coban I think this is actually a great idea.

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive

100x100 for $1.5m
150x150 for $2m
200x200 for $2.5m
250x250 for $3m
etc. etc.

I dont see this happening, nor do I agree with it, but I would like to critique this for others.

First of all, I think 3m for 250x250 is plainly - too small a price. If anything that number should be north of 8-10 mil - . If we are being reasonable with prices 'now days' a 100x100 plot would sell for 3-4mil in game easy. I know its easy to think of not regioning plots to make islands have less value, but that is far from the truth. Something like this would severely devalue current island that have not been turned into cities already (aka Captain, Paradise, [parts of] undeadland, and more).

This does not make sense to me, but maybe the server would benefit from the owners selling a 100x100 or 150x150 island for something as a private island use. I think its very underestimated how small islands actually are. The only 'super' islands are Star city and Bunny, but bunny is running out of space compared to other islands. Most islands fit in the range of 200x200 - 350x350 for reference

Reactions: Trump15024

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Apple did a study and we found that even people making 250k plus a week still can't find a plot. Microsoft has its on study going on and we are working together to have more plots available. However @sundae22 i think this is a very good idea because not everyone will have a island just people who have worked hard for their money. I think though there should be a limit of islands you can have like 2. @nibble/@Coban I think this is actually a great idea.
See, this happens again ... Island's aren't something disposable nor easily obtainable. They need to be rare and a literal economy saver, as they are the one thing that (currently) reserves TONS of value. I don't think a player will every obtain 3 or more islands (of of the current ones, unless its kremesville lol), and according to sundaes post, these would just be used for private islands. At this point we need to focus more on more plots rather than destroy the economy with this .....

I know I seem bias when I say this stuff (I am lol), but disposable islands really doesn't give much to aim for, and in my opinion removes a lot of complexity (in a bad way) from this unique economy

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
See, this happens again ... Island's aren't something disposable nor easily obtainable. They need to be rare and a literal economy saver, as they are the one thing that (currently) reserves TONS of value. I don't think a player will every obtain 3 or more islands (of of the current ones, unless its kremesville lol), and according to sundaes post, these would just be used for private islands. At this point we need to focus more on more plots rather than destroy the economy with this .....

I know I seem bias when I say this stuff (I am lol), but disposable islands really doesn't give much to aim for, and in my opinion removes a lot of complexity (in a bad way) from this unique economy
There are giant flat areas in Cayman that are unregioned and unused that are just in the middle of suburban areas, regioning these places fixes the issue; not making more islands.

Reactions: Marshmallowsmalk

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
There are giant flat areas in Cayman that are unregioned and unused that are just in the middle of suburban areas, regioning these places fixes the issue; not making more islands.
That would actually be a good alternative. Although I feel the plot issue affects newer players the most, so maybe those large plots get divided into smaller ones?

Reactions: Powerfull

Shadow_stalker77

Jul 14, 2017
I don't think you guys understand. sundae is suggesting that private islands, full of geographical features, go for sale, and not islands that can create more plots. There will be no plots on any of these small islands, so it should in no way "devalue" islands or other plots

Reactions: LavaFlake

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
I don't think you guys understand. sundae is suggesting that private islands, full of geographical features, go for sale, and not islands that can create more plots. There will be no plots on any of these small islands, so it should in no way "devalue" islands or other plots
Actually it does; estimates of a finished medium size island with detailed features is upwards of 50mil. Purple is the only terrain arch anyways, so it wouldn't be possible.

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
It does severely devalue current islands, especially these 5:

Captain
Paradise_Island
Undeadland
Tucker77Island
Ghiblicity

(Not in any particular order)

T

Trump15024

But here is another problem we cant be scared of having too many plots. I mean @sundae22 is making a good point there are going to be 0 plots available very soon as the rich are getting richer and the poor is getting even poorer.

Shadow_stalker77

Jul 14, 2017
The whole point of sundae's idea is to buy a small island, build on it, and never sell it for profit. Because there is a lack of islands, she feels like anyone that can afford one should be able to still build. And I personally feel like everyone should be able to build terrain, not just terrain arches

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
The whole point of sundae's idea is to buy a small island, build on it, and never sell it for profit. Because there is a lack of islands, she feels like anyone that can afford one should be able to still build. And I personally feel like everyone should be able to build terrain, not just terrain arches
You're not understanding that random players can't just build islands because creative plots arent big enough combined and terrain building is a useful, but challenging skill to master.

Reactions: Turkey

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
But here is another problem we cant be scared of having too many plots. I mean @sundae22 is making a good point there are going to be 0 plots available very soon as the rich are getting richer and the poor is getting even poorer.
You can do the math and more land isnt needed; if Blumont was regioned, Golden Oaks was organized and regioned and the empty Cayman areas were regioned; there would be enough plots for most players to be able to find places. I would recommend naming places goplot-# and setting /as restore true so when they are resold they turn back into plots.