1 year of dissapointing

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Dear reader, I JstarvideoYT, ItzJazzMade, MadRhapsody, have been here for 1 year now! With a playtime of 24 days (wich is not as much as you would expect) I should have done and achieved a lot around here not? Well, no.... Instead of making a thank you list and telling how happy I am here, Imma say my disspointments, my failures, my stupid actions idc. Just the important onces btw, otherwise this would take hours.

To start of, I was super addicted at first, I had like 20h playtime in 1 week. Played cities 6-8 hours a day on weekends. It wasn't healthy. I also was a cop, became one at the same time as @Ravenex_ (at the time XxIronfistxX). It was super fun! Also every cop that was active was adopted by Leanne except me, wich made me jelous and feeling left out. But I could handle it you know!

Here comes the first one! I cursed too much, Like tooo much. So I got demoted as a cop oops. Cops at the time (Or a bit later or earlier not sure) were: Powerfull, Iron and Mehlife. More on this later ;)

Second one: Getting banned. Only got banned once! Glitch abuse, not very usefull glitch but sure. It was good actually, I took a week off, chilled out and became less adicted. Also stopped cursing as much

Third! (I think it's going to be around 15-20?) I found out forums exist when I got banned. I dug deep and found the drama source of the year, sadly I was just getting out of a not so happy phase, I was very toxic on forums, being mean whenever I can. It really struck me when @Jabu literally said this to me, I took some time off forums, and returned less toxic and stupid.

Fourth. I messed up teacher too you know... I was a teacher, teached once, cuz of timezones and school was only 1 a week at 1 am my time.... Idk why I got demoted really, just like cop it went without a msg and I had to ask. Apperently I had made a mean comment. I have some theories what happend, but this post isn't directed towards anyone or to blame others for my mistaken. I think I just made a stupid joke that was too offensive to someone or something.

Fifth. After being demoted as a cop and teacher, I went a-social for a while. For 2 months I almost didn't talk to nobody while playing in game and just grinded when online. I needed money. I regret this really much. I could have made friends, could have explored, maybe, like maybe, could have kept this community together a bit longer.

Sixemos. OH yes, I wanted an island, I still want one really. I wanted an island real bad, Only had 2m but who cares! I was going to get one. This mindset made me annoying, pushing and greedy. But it wasn't all that bad, for once I think it's one of the less bad ones on this list.

Seventh. Runnerboro. Like WOW. I was acting more social again, and as an underdog I was elected as Governor for RB! This ment: Getting warned for staff disrespect, Getting to know@sundae22 's dark side of the moon, Fights with @Trump15024 , regulary. It was a lot of drama, and tbh runnerboro didn't improve. After sundae left the chat died. I don't really regret this decision. But it was a lot of drama and toxic stuff.

Eight! :D I married once! To Yumpancakes on forums (don't know her recent account sorry hun). It was so fun roleplaying love! (Cuz I am not really in love with a fictional character, it was just being good friends) Only to be dumped after 1 week... I felt stupid and all. I'm over it don't bully me! I just wanted to have more friends to chat with in game, and thought I could roleplay more and stuff. Idk really! It was just some stupid small thing I still remember.

Nine. Lets move to more recent events mhh? Miner being too OP and people creating millions a day from it? Meaning inflation was going faster and faster and staff not listening until the very last moment? The person to bring me to the dark side was @Pixel really. She told me such interesting stuff! I was so, so mad at the server, at staff at owners. I felt like the few people who actually cared for this server should take it over, we could safe it! Ofcourse this was all stupid ass sht. But the stuff I was told were not. I changed my perspective really. THe server let me down.

Ten(9876543210). The community is shrinking, Idk why people at this point claim this to be untrue? Because I joined around this time a year ago, and there were 3x more people online in my timezone range, and 2 times more people at night for me! This community shrinks, also see it on forums, there used to be drama everywhere! He did this, I want that, courtcase this! Where is the drama? WHy did @LavaFlake stop, why did @Realu stop his weirdness? There so many names gone, and nobody even notices? You really telling me this? But oh well enough about our dying community. It's not fun really....

11Eleven. Getting an island is truly impossible. Me and Neilio had a lot of money (well he did, I had some) we had some reasonable plans for an island and were ready to buy one. WE overpriced for every single fricking island. None were selling. More money then the owners could ever get, just impossible! But island are way to rare to sell ya know. Also you need to have connections, some influence and stuff.... I didn't do that stuff, I played honest and open. No sketchy tactics, no "I make 1 million a day" stuff. Just work hard get what you get. And an Island I wouldn't get....

12th. Oh god, Staff apps. They ruined me, they destroyed every last bit of hope inside of me. I thought I could do it you know, Be good, help the server, bring my ideas into reality, make up for the inactivity of the owners, Learn and grow! Get a chance to show!
Spoiler: Didn't get it. First time, Second time, third time (Sort of desperate letter to show my qualities and inabilities) I would get no reply, no deny or accept. No critique or tips. No we want more of this or that. Just silence. Summer was comming you know, I was going on a holliday for 4 weeks, I needed to do this! I didn't get it as you all know, and felt empty. It was like a goal. An island or staff or both, but now i had neither. I felt stupid for believing I could achieve something, that people liked me enough, that I kissed enough dem ass to get where I want to be. It's just not me

13th Holliday took long, I was kinda excited to get home, play games! Play Cities! full of ideas! I was always active on forums and discord, I worked all holliday on my application. Got tips from @LeanneTheUnicorn and was ready to do this. I didn't say negative stuff or at least not too much at all. I shared ideas, helped around whenever I could. I thought I had a shot. I was stupid enough to believe I actually had a shot at helper, again. Looking back I think: If I wasn't demoted from cop or teacher, If I kept on doing that. Would I be VicePrincipal right now? Would I be Chief police, Helper, Island owners idk. Achieved more. I mean it's know that the Roleplay jobs are the way to prove yourself, to get known in the community. I said above, Iron Mehlife Powerfull, all were cops all did roleplay jobs. They did keep the jobs and they did achieve something

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
14. Now I'm bidding for captain, every single day I lose hope I would get it, I mean my career on cities has been all about achieving and being the hero right? Leanne and Joey leaving isn't sad, Leanne made a choice, her choice. I hope she regrets it, you were finally growing into something better you know. Now 2 active but weird staffmembers left @Graphic_elf and @Powerfull Love you two. WE have Gjeg and Creeps, Innocent souls :D. Sundae the cold but honest one, watch out for the toxic force that is within this server Sundae! I'm trying to get my ar time up for Secretary, think I will have a shot after the most depressing post on the forums ever?

15. I don't regret starting here tho, playing, making my way trough the server. I don't regret making friends! @FroztyStars @Sebastiaan072 @koekie_w @Neilio_Xtreme @Powerfull @Graphic_elf or working on building up captain or helping staff out whenever I can. I was the one who placed the bunnies inside /warp zoo. I don't regret making suggestions to never be implemented. Searching for parrots for hours and horus with @Nicole66 having the weirdest of talks with @Realu (you were my secret santa hahaha!). Talking to @TheDiamondTiger about fixing the economy, even tho we both know thats not possible. (You thought me sooo much) Talking to the architects and learning their buildstyle. AFK killing @eddy at vault to later become friends. fun talk with @laggynab being all dark en plotting plans with @Death or having a stupid fight over nothing with @LavaFlake . Run for runnerboro again. Bid 30 fricking million for captain and applying for staff 4 times. I did so much on this server, and the fact that after 1 year of playing I'm nowhere near my happy ending, just means I have to keep on going until I get one.

Special SO to the people contributing to the community ofc with some stupid reasons.
@Minty I welcomed you here, now you are a true part of this community, sweet and liking everything
@Cozmicraft you are thinking about life in such a beautifull way, know how to debate just a bit hotheaded, I recognize myself in you really!
@FroztyStars (YES YOU WERE IN THE ABOVE PART TOO) Special SO to the best ig mom ever. I could never repay you. We have the best talks really!
@wisemanjp Community Hero! Stay the way you are, always be open for the truth
@Laurel I hear Yanny. Also you are the weirdest postive person I have ever seen. I don't know how anyone can possibly hate you, don't forget to smile!
@Optic QT! :D Randomness is so beautifull
@Daniela_x0113 DUTCH COMMUNITYYYY!!! Sad you left, but you have to move on, we had some good talks and I'm happy I could support you in your amsterdam island dream!
@Izzie Toxic as hell, I love it! Smart and honest. Don't let stupid sarcastic comments get to your head. We all still love you <3

It may been so dark, Hope it ended a little postive. I promise it's worth it to read it all the way trough! (KINDA)

I literally have no idea how people gonna react to this, maybe you guys will just ignore it idk..... GL READING

T

Trump15024

Well, congrats on being on the server one year.:) Although, I don't think it was a "good idea" to make something that is supposed to be an achievement into every negative aspect that took place in your year on McCities (Although some things in this post are misleading like the server is dead etc)

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
The community isn't shrinking. Everyone forgets about all the new people that join. If you compare the ratio more people join than people leave. We just know the people who leave better than the ones who join.
i agree ^-^ as good as it is to be sad about the people leaving, we should also be excited for the people coming! <3

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
110% facs including the part about me being awesome- i may have skimmed it but i saw that ;p jk xD it was a really nice post, congrats on losing 1 year of ur life!

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
110% facs including the part about me being awesome- i may have skimmed it but i saw that ;p jk xD it was a really nice post, congrats on losing 1 year of ur life!
Thats exactly how to out it.

GUYS I STILL LOVE THIS SERVER BUT ITS DYING WHEN ITS DYING BBYS. Dying = less people online then other times of the year. Didnt say its dead or unstoppable.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Well, congrats on being on the server one year.:) Although, I don't think it was a "good idea" to make something that is supposed to be an achievement into every negative aspect that took place in your year on McCities (Although some things in this post are misleading like the server is dead etc)
Im showing everything has a negative side. I also said I actually dont regret playing or making choices. Just the way they turned out were... dissapointing ;) I want to teach others my mistakes and let them learn from it.

Legacy in all its beauty :)

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Im showing everything has a negative side. I also said I actually dont regret playing or making choices. Just the way they turned out were... dissapointing ;) I want to teach others my mistakes and let them learn from it.

Legacy in all its beauty :)
Could have atleast made it 20 since im going inactive in like 20 days rip rip. Loved our insanely stupid arguements hahahaha. And gossips owo. Dont be discouraged if you dont get staff and stuff. I mean really I know I dont want staff lol, like I legit think that staff isnt always a central goal people should revolve around, i Mean there is only so much... but oh well pretty interesting, I think I understood most of the stuff since Im sorta familiar with almost every part you said, cause you know I was there when you joined and uh still am lol. I liked how the negativity turns into something that is meaningful in a way. All these dissapointments and discouragements all have the secret meanings embeded into each and eveyr one of them. I don’t feel like aruging on your thread haha, I know the server dying arguement will eventually arise but you know it works on different perspectives.

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
I would say the final hit that set cities on a downward course was the banning of Lemonss. Now don't get me wrong, I think he should've been banned, was a complete ass and was abusive as hell, but this created a massive gap socially and economically. Socially; he and the vigis had enough toxicity for everyone, without them it spread, instead of being contained. Economically; he acted as a center of the economy, pretty much acting as a main appraiser; without this central figure, econs such as cities die, as all of us have seen. Now the banning of Lemonss was not a bad thing on the surface and definitely not an excuse for the staff favoritism and the little perm gifts to players who sucked up to co-owners, but it sure acted as a catalyst. Cities can't be fixed with its current employment, nor the community it has generated, have fun with this slowly sinking ship.

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
but tiger - thats a very analytic approach, i think it raises a good point
I dont think it's an analytical approach much at all. It is very person to person, but from his, and many others like me, point of view that was a clear marking of when things changed around here. He's right that Lems was the center of the economy, and he employed many people to do things from him with the promise of big sums of money. However, the economy can't be attributed just to Lemonss being banned. It was the constant turning of the economy, but things were being nerfed way too late and were caught only after individuals had made millions. The solutions suggested and strongly supported by players have not necessarily been ignored by the staff, as I've been told by Kiri that he is up to ideas, but once staff acknowledge the idea there are no more steps taken. Eventually as seen today there are tons of people 6 times richer than Lems and there's no going back to how it used to be, that ship sailed long ago.

nerf taxi please-- lems being banned didn't make the economy fail it was taxi