Arrest Bail Suggestion

MestGryder

Verified
HierophantGreen
HierophantGreen
Citizen
Dec 8, 2018
All law bails are way too cheap. I'd like to suggest a new bail format in order to make the polices job easier and to make consistent criminals be more careful.
As it is now, bails are extremely cheap and the ones that increase require too many previous arrests for barely any increase.
The new format I am suggesting will revolutionise the arrest system and make bails more expensive.

New Format:
Every time you get arrested for a certain reason, your next bail will be increased by the 1st offence.
You may say, "But Mest, this will lead to bails being over 100k."
I have thought of that too, that is why I am proposing the idea that every day, at 00:00 CST (Server Time), the bail cost gets reset to the default cost.
You may say this ruins the idea of criminals but I believe that the aim for this server was realism of America.
In real life, there aren't criminals going around willy-nilly assaulting people right after they get out of prison.
This is why I am suggesting this idea and I hope this idea gets implemented, not only for the police but for the players.

For example:
December 15th 2018

1st bail for assault: 250$,
2nd bail for assault: 500$,
3rd bail for assault: 750$
December 16th 2018
1st bail for assault: 250$

I, however, believe the drugs arrest bail should remain the same as that depends on how much drugs the dealer was carrying at the time.

Reactions: Minty

MestGryder

Verified
HierophantGreen
HierophantGreen
Citizen
Dec 8, 2018
I like the idea, however it will take a lot of effort and time and not solve that many problems
It will solve many problems, these arrests will stack up so they will be more careful when committing crimes instantly after being released. It may even convince criminals to stay for their sentence rather than paying 0.1% of their total balance.

MestGryder

Verified
HierophantGreen
HierophantGreen
Citizen
Dec 8, 2018
well then
1. cops wont earn any money
2. crime would die even faster
3. who is going to keep count? Bails are calculated by police officers
If anything, cops will earn more money. Crime wont die faster since its basically already dead, only the rich who have achieved everything pvp. Im pretty sure the devs can make /incidents reset every day at a specific time so it wont be hard to calculate.

Reactions: Minty

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
If anything, cops will earn more money. Crime wont die faster since its basically already dead, only the rich who have achieved everything pvp. Im pretty sure the devs can make /incidents reset every day at a specific time so it wont be hard to calculate.
crime is dead and this won't revive it. /incidents is very complicated, both of the people who know how to code on this server are working on more pressing issues, the police team is pretty op as it is rn. Its smart in essence for the idea, but shouldn't be priority rn. This would also make crime even harder to commit- police are so op as I've stated and ... yea I don't support this, but its a good suggestion when reflecting irl police

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Also some criminals... who lock themselves in a dungeon impossible to get...
well it is one of the ways to prevent urself from being arrested, even if its no fun for either party :/ I would suggest a way to break down walls for police, but then that brings so much abuse and such into play (not implying u btw, ur one of the good cops) but police are op and we can both agree on that I think. I think the crims should have some short term advantages to even the playing field, but idk what. Maybe more options for unfair advantages for the criminals, and more for cops ? tbh idk its something we should prob look into, I would come up with ideas with someone if wanted

^ excuse my rant lmao

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
well it is one of the ways to prevent urself from being arrested, even if its no fun for either party :/ I would suggest a way to break down walls for police, but then that brings so much abuse and such into play (not implying u btw, ur one of the good cops) but police are op and we can both agree on that I think. I think the crims should have some short term advantages to even the playing field, but idk what. Maybe more options for unfair advantages for the criminals, and more for cops ? tbh idk its something we should prob look into, I would come up with ideas with someone if wanted

^ excuse my rant lmao
I know it! Tazers for criminals, this way if the cops come close and you get the first hit, you have some time to run away :O It would not be counted as an unfair advantage, as it's basically a semi-one hit machine. Maybe make it that it only works on police officers too :/

But like anything really in the same way, a weapon or item used to prevent cops from jailing you in one hit, but only cops.

Reactions: Powerfull