Better way to sell items for companies

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
Many players own companies/businesses. Right now the main way for companies to sell items is through chest shops which is nice but the way companies sell items need to be updated. My solution would be a new plugin similar to the library plugin where you would do /shop (company name) so basically I own Apple so I will use my company as an example. If someone wanted to shop the products I provide they would do /shop Apple and a GUI or personalized /ah would appear of the products the company sold. The players could use the GUI to buy and or possibly sell items to the company. The company could be charged to use the service.
Thats a good idea but the problem with that is it would take away the role play factor, since they dont have to go to your actual shop and just use a command. The second problem is that way people will literally just buy the item they’re looking for for the cheapest price available which will cause the items companies usually sell to be devalued since everyone wants their prices to be cheaper.

BootsieBear

Dec 30, 2017
Thats a good idea but the problem with that is it would take away the role play factor, since they dont have to go to your actual shop and just use a command. The second problem is that way people will literally just buy the item they’re looking for for the cheapest price available which will cause the items companies usually sell to be devalued since everyone wants their prices to be cheaper.
What if there weren't a lot of online companies? I.e., the weekly "rent" to have one could be a lot- as they can obviously sell things easier.

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
What if there weren't a lot of online companies? I.e., the weekly "rent" to have one could be a lot- as they can obviously sell things easier.
Thats a good idea but if you think about it, it still wont make a difference because people will buy whats easier to get, no one feels like tp’ing to a shop then finding the chest shop etc etc. basically whoever uses the online thingy will be making alot of money so everyone (even if they cant afford it) will do everything they can to put their company on the online thingy.

Its a good idea to start on but needs more detail tbh.

Popcorn

thqughtt
thqughtt
Dec 28, 2017
It would end chest shops, but to me, those honestly don't look as pleasing because sometimes people just put a sign on the chest and you don't know what the item they are selling is. So it can be very confusing at times, and a lot of the time the chest shops are out of stock anyways and no one gets around to fixing it and it just ends up in a chaotic mess of dark areas random bikes lodged in the floor.

An online shopping system would be a clean way to sell items, and it would at least show what the item was. It would allow players to choose what category they want, and to browse through the pages to find what they want.

In addition to the online shopping, you could even possibly have a special laptop/computer thing to build that allows you to access the internet and maybe even other websites could be added to it. But you could use it to buy things, and you could use it to even maybe order food from a local restaurant! Wouldn't that be fun!

Basically, online shopping could open the door to A WHOLE BUNCH of new possibilities with the server's own in-game internet system!
Its not very hard to get to citizen, even today there are a lot of citizens who dont know how to use half the commands. Like again, it will probs just end up being like /library where only the first page gets attention, thats like 56 companies maximum. And people will judt do random things on the frist Page like DRUG SHOP with caps and stuff or BuilDing CrEw. Some really generic name that ends up spamming the pages.
And with things like the naming the shop and such, a possibility to fix that could be that the console doesn't allow you to do that. It could just allow regular names like Apple, Google, Betty's Restaurant, Bob's Partnerships, Vehicle Repair, etc. One capital letter to start off the word, and the rest lowercase. Then apostrophes where they are needed to show ownership. (Sorry for that English lesson)

That sounds like a good idea! And maybe companies would pay weekly to have an "online shop" which maybe has 9 slots as default. And maybe they can buy up to 36 slots to use for a company, 9 at a time. And companies could provide short descriptions for items (like what it does, compare prices, etc).

Maybe a teleport could also be added. Instead of /warp for companies, it could be /company tp [company name]. And there could be a company list players could look at, with a short description for each company. Players would have to pay $75 to tp to a company, $50 going to server and $25 going to company bank account? And each company that wants players to be able to tp maybe would have to pay a weekly fee?

Just my take on those ideas. :) I like them both!
This is also a really good idea to incorporate. It could eliminate crowding and make it a little bit less hectic.

For the online shopping, maybe it could only be for large companies, and small companies have to work their way up. Maybe like a ranking system for companies? That could work and solve the overcrowding issue as well.

Anyways, in my opinion I think that online shopping would be a GREAT new way to update McCities and add to life here in the city.

(I am so sorry for the very long response)
-Popcorn (caramelpopcorn)