Can't Talk In Global or Local Chat (Bug Report)

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
Hey! I got on, and to my dismay I discovered that I couldn't talk in chat. Whenever I would say something it would give me a message saying "cannot send chat message". I assume this is just a little bug from some of the new updates coming.

Side note: I was not saying anything toxic. I was just saying that "hi" and "I'm going to turn my chat off for about 10 minutes, so please don't msg me :)". I attached a screenshot to this so that you can see the problem. I tried sending the messages a few times, but they wouldn't go through. I was also not muted before that or during that time.

Thanks,

Pixel

Attachments

Ciel

Former Staff
Oct 25, 2016
Check if you can chat doing /gl, /gc, /l. Also check your chat settings. Have you always been able to talk where you are in the screenshot?

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
Yeah, I tped from arch world to survival and it still wouldn't let me. I also switched chats. I have always been able to talk in that area, and my chat setting is on shown.

Update: I got back on about a day later, and it fixed itself. I assume it was my computer or something I had done client side. :)