Communication With Your Playerbase

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
This is just a forum post asking for in the future some better communication from staff. I think we all understand that it's just a minecraft server but some people on here I know have months of playtime and spend real money on the server. All I ask for is that we get updates on things that are happening with the server; i.e.: the server "temporarily" being down for almost a week. My thoughts right now are either that something screwed up and is frantically being fixed or that someone just hasn't gotten around to setting the server up again. I mean, the latter is fine as it's your guys' time but, at the very least, it would be nice to be in the know. Staff members are on the server, and the server is periodically opening and closing, so I don't think it is too much to ask for a forum post (that is more than an update log) explaining what is going on. This goes for all aspects and not just the server being down as I feel, and I think lots of others feel, communication has been lacking. Thank you!

ijayx

cloutjamie
cloutjamie
Apr 30, 2017
I agree, I feel like we have been left out in the cold. Just by doing this, I am being honest here, I feel like since we aren't getting any new news back, people will stop playing on the server. I hate to say it but that's just what I feel. I am not blaming the staff, but I just really want an update of what is happening, maybe give us some details? I don't know, But another reason why is because people like me are impatient lol. Last reason why is because they have probably already found a server or looking for one. In conclusion, I agree, staff should inform us, and not leave us in the cold like this .

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
I agree, I feel like we have been left out in the cold. Just by doing this, I am being honest here, I feel like since we aren't getting any new news back, people will stop playing on the server. I hate to say it but that's just what I feel. I am nit blaming the staff, but I just really want an update of what is happening, maybe give us some details? I don't know, it will probably hard getting people to come back on this server because of the long shut down and people are getting impatient. I feel like its going to be hard getting people back because, they have probably already found a server or looking for one. In conclusion, I agree, staff should inform us, and not leave us in the cold like this .
yeah, definitely. i know some of the less dedicated/newer players have left or expressed leaving on the forums already, and that's only on the forums. Most new players wont know or be on the forums and will just see that the server has been down since friday. at that point it's pretty easy to assume that those players have found somewhere else to go :/

ijayx

cloutjamie
cloutjamie
Apr 30, 2017
yeah, definitely. i know some of the less dedicated/newer players have left or expressed leaving on the forums already, and that's only on the forums. Most new players wont know or be on the forums and will just see that the server has been down since friday. at that point it's pretty easy to assume that those players have found somewhere else to go :/
I edited my first response but yeah xD. Some kind of communication has to come. If not, the server will be empty :(.

Jabu

MisterColin
MisterColin
Dec 22, 2016
Canada
Firstly, be patient. I understand it’s been a week but stuff like this is complicated. Gjeg has a life of her own and can’t spend 24/7 working on the server. It’s simply not possible.

Second, there’s no timeline that can really be made with this, unexpected things could come up, more work than previously thought, bugs, etc. Staff cannot simply set a date even IF they could have a reasonable estimate on the time left. Because if they did, and it got delayed by a couple more days by something unexpected, you know how many butthurt children there would be spamming the forums?

Like for real though, you guys act like this is the only minecraft server out there, go play some Hypixel, or even better go OUTSIDE. Jeez

ijayx

cloutjamie
cloutjamie
Apr 30, 2017
Firstly, be patient. I understand it’s been a week but stuff like this is complicated. Gjeg has a life of her own and can’t spend 24/7 working on the server. It’s simply not possible.

Second, there’s no timeline that can really be made with this, unexpected things could come up, more work than previously thought, bugs, etc. Staff cannot simply set a date even IF they could have a reasonable estimate on the time left. Because if they did, and it got delayed by a couple more days by something unexpected, you know how many butthurt children there would be spamming the forums?

Like for real though, you guys act like this is the only minecraft server out there, go play some Hypixel, or even better go OUTSIDE. Jeez
I am sorry I am not patient lmao, we never said it had to be a 'timeline' to this. All we are saying is at least staff can give us some information, that's all. Also you said go outside? Well where I live its to cold to be going outside.

ijayx

cloutjamie
cloutjamie
Apr 30, 2017

Maybe read a little more, you didn't have to come for us like that.

Jabu

MisterColin
MisterColin
Dec 22, 2016
Canada
I am sorry I am not patient lmao, we never said it had to be a 'timeline' to this. All we are saying is at least staff can give us some information, that's all. Also you said go outside? Well where I live its to cold to be going outside.
It’s clear what’s going on in the server. If the server is up and staff are online it doesn’t take a doofus to know that the staff are fixing plugins and bugs that come along with the host change.

I’m not trying to come at any of you and I’m sorry if it came off that way. I’m trying to be realistic here. If something bad had happened the staff would have told us already. Just be patient with the staff I’m sure it’ll be up soon. And if you lack patients learn some, it’s a good skill to have.

Also, if you live in a cold country you should have clothes built for the cold, yeah?

ijayx

cloutjamie
cloutjamie
Apr 30, 2017
A
It’s clear what’s going on in the server. If the server is up and staff are online it doesn’t take a doofus to know that the staff are fixing plugins and bugs that come along with the host change.

I’m not trying to come at any of you and I’m sorry if it came off that way. I’m trying to be realistic here. If something bad had happened the staff would have told us already. Just be patient with the staff I’m sure it’ll be up soon. And if you lack patients learn some, it’s a good skill to have.

Also, if you live in a cold country you should have clothes built for the cold, yeah?
Some people don't know what they are doing. Some people probably never owned a server, or know anything of that stuff. YOU don't know what they are doing unless you are secretly a staff. We just wanted some info. I live in the US, we have clothes for the cold, but where I live its not normal. Also I have patients, I just don't use them. All we just said is can we have some information, YOU didn't have to reply if you had a problem with us just telling staff if we can get information about the server.

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018

I have been patient? I dont know what you're so pressed about considering you have more time on the server than most of us here. All I asked for was communication. Dont twist my words.

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
It's just a host change. The server is down for a few days and there's apparently a conspiracy now? Gj informed everyone about why the server was down, and I hope everyone has some patience.
Not a conspiracy, just a thought. She did inform us in a log report but that was all we heard and the implication was that it would take around 2 days. All any of you had to do was write a simple post explaining that it was taking longer than expected etc etc.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
that's fair but it just would have been nice to hear anything from you guys, I mean, there was plenty of pretty visible confusion in the shout box
1. Most communication happens in the discord.
2. It doesn't matter if we tell 1 person that we dont know anything if the next person asks us the same exact thing 5m later
3. I saw other players reply in the shoutbox already so dont really need to copy them just because I am staff.

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
1. Most communication happens in the discord.
2. It doesn't matter if we tell 1 person that we dont know anything if the next person asks us the same exact thing 5m later
3. I saw other players reply in the shoutbox already so dont really need to copy them just because I am staff.
"hey guys, sorry for the wait. the host change was successful and we are currently hammering out some of the bugs and issues that came with that. hope to have the server back online within the next few days. thank you!"

its really not that hard