do something yall

Shadow_stalker77

Jul 14, 2017
You said it yourself 'size&value' . When a player buys a plot for x amount isn't that the plot's value? Yes paying 5% of a 200k plot's value isn't much, but when you have multiple plots (ex. 50) it stacks up. And many plots are worth over 200k, so that would mean even more taxes when players have multiple mansions. Thinking about it, something like this would also fix the issue of older players hoarding plots. If they have multiple mansions and can't afford to pay the taxes (since they are inactive), then they wouldn't deserve the plot. Taxes don't have to be collected every day, it could be a monthly or even weekly occurrence, which should give newer players plenty of time to get 5-25k to pay off taxes from their plots.

I guess the only plots that would exempt from taxes are islands.
Charging high taxes per plot would only affect inactive players and make them want to permanently quit the server. And if active rich people were charged a plot tax as high as you’re mentioning, they won’t be active or rich for long.
I’d like to hear someone’s opinion on how tax collecting would be done, also.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Uh ok ill just give my opinion, so I think that shadow is partially right as well as jazz and turkey as well. I think that jazz is correct in saying taxes is kind of use for community purposes, its main point is not to make individuals broke. I also agree that it would be fairly hard to enforce as you would probs need to caclulate square meters etc... I personally think what might help is if ever taxes were made, it would be on islands, I think in this manner, it will encourage island owners to region more plots and more taxes of course but like again its a community benefit everyone gets newer pltos on the island possibly facilities. Well at a point i can see this can lead to a monopoly, i find it more beneficial. If the amount of plots were the problem this may encourage it in a way i guess. But its just a simple idea I had in mind.

Now I just want to give a brief overview of how it is to be in my shoes. So being ‘rich’ is not as good as it sounds. I mean Ive gotten comments from people that Im greedy or why cant i spare 100-200k to help them out. But Its not as easy as it seems to give away that amount even if I can or do have it. Because Im like any other player on here, I spend time to earn money for myself. Being a Multi Millionare does not mean you sit and money just poofs, its not the same in real life, I don’t have a company to earn me profits without doing anything. Sometimes I feel sad that I get these comments and I don’t blame them for it, its their opinions not mine to control. I know I can’t always satisfy everyone, Im a human being too I have wants and things I like. But my plots are the thing that kind of made me special from everyone else. No one has been as addicted as I am to plots, sometimes I find good deals on the market sometimes I don’t but majority of the plots I got are relatively cheap when I got it back then. And its worth a lot more now I guess, people have been budging me to sell my mansions and its honestly so irritating to tell them no even if they are your friends. And even if I did sell more than half of my mansions, what would I do sitting on a couch with over 30million, I mean I find money quite pointless, you can’t buy happiness. But what I did was I earned them and the achievement of earning them made me happy. I think that was the important value I just wanna share that this is still a game and that the point of playing it is to be happy. Sometimes I fail to see the point of why Im playing, why Im getting sad, why I am still playing. Honestly I enjoyed my time in McCities over a year ago then where I was now. That one day I played going to the wilds with my brother hunting for ores or even things like fishing contests and winning cookies from staff were the highlights of my time on here. Those were the moments I felt like a true winner, now I feel pushed away from the community on here as if a cancer that is too much for the economy, something that no one wants to have. And dont come telling me you care about me cause I know you don’t, its hard to accept I have ended my time on this game a long time ago, and wonder why im still on here. Anyways thanks for your time, to read this, Im not leaving yet but my departure will come soon.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Beautifull words.
And if taxes were on islands they would indeed be some sort of community taxe as the money paid by the citizens of an island can be used to improve the island again.

Great speach. Almost cried :')

Reactions: Minty

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
I don't see how taxes would be a good thing, if people that have so many plots refuse to sell them then it's their choice, they bought it with their hard earned money. Making a new rule to eventually force them to sell some plots is honestly not fair. If someone wants a plot very badly they should be able to make enough money to offer the plot owner an offer they can't resist. Its as easy as that, but if you want to argue that the plots themselves look bad, then have an arch build you a better one.

Also if you plan on taxing islands, where would that put private islands in the mix?

Last edited:
T

Trump15024

If we would tax islands it would have to be a percentage island owners pay when they region plots. That way money will be taken out of the economy at the same time. Plus it’s kind of like a small fine to control plot regioning on islands. Or have to pay a tax on the percentage of what they earn from plots on their island.

Shadow_stalker77

Jul 14, 2017
Taxing public islands is a terrible idea. The island owner would have to pay for the whole region space, including the plots that are owned by other people. Why should they have to pay a tax for a region they don’t even own?

The idea of controlling how many plots are regions would backfire, too. If the island owner had to pay for every plot they regioned, they would eventually be like, “Why do I have to single-handedly fix the real estate market” and get a bit upset.

And there definitely shouldn’t be a tax or limit on how much someone can make from their island that they paid millions of dollars for.

If taxes ever became a thing, the only way I could see them working would be to make the tax rate very small, like 2% of the property’s worth. This way, it wouldn’t drain the plot owner’s money, but it would still be something.

T

Trump15024

Taxing public islands is a terrible idea. The island owner would have to pay for the whole region space, including the plots that are owned by other people. Why should they have to pay a tax for a region they don’t even own?

The idea of controlling how many plots are regions would backfire, too. If the island owner had to pay for every plot they regioned, they would eventually be like, “Why do I have to single-handedly fix the real estate market” and get a bit upset.

And there definitely shouldn’t be a tax or limit on how much someone can make from their island that they paid millions of dollars for.

If taxes ever became a thing, the only way I could see them working would be to make the tax rate very small, like 2% of the property’s worth. This way, it wouldn’t drain the plot owner’s money, but it would still be something.
They wouldn’t pay taxes on plots they don’t own possibly just a tax on the money someone gives them for a plot for example a 5%-10% tax. It would be around 12k for the 5% and 25k for the 10%. Everyone would have to contribute somehow by paying taxes. At this point there is no living expenses in Mccities.

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
I still dont see how taxes effect anything. Plus even if it were a thing, it would be a hastle for someone to keep track of what sells and what the tax of that sale would be. Even if this tax thing were to happen even tho i think its a bad idea and a waste of money, there would have to be some sort of plugin to control and keep track of it.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
In response anyways, the taxes would have to be approved by staff and it will work on on semi public and public islands. Basically I think like what shadow said the tax would be very minimal but would still be something to help amenities or region more properties. And like what lava said a sort of plugin should handle it if ever. Its not really a big idea, i dont really plan to expound on it but I see ways it could help and could not help but ita up to you guys to expand on the idea. I personally would’nt tax plots in city as the main goal of that is to make people broke which is not the goal of taxes where as if the money is out into something to be used to help sustain, maintain or improve a location then it follows the sort of way how it works to an extent i guess.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
My island tax was more like a small rent you pay to the island owner for having a region on the island. So island owners get a reward for making their islands public and all.
But yeah far too complex and not needed or wanted.

So yeah this bummed xd well happy last days of ya'll holliday

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Charging high taxes per plot would only affect inactive players and make them want to permanently quit the server. And if active rich people were charged a plot tax as high as you’re mentioning, they won’t be active or rich for long.
I’d like to hear someone’s opinion on how tax collecting would be done, also.
What you're missing here, is that the rich with many plots wont be rich for long unless they are financially stable, that's kind of the whole point? Less plots = less to pay. Works the same way in real life, you have to maintain what you own.

Also, pretty much all of this can be done automatically through a plugin. Like how players' plots go on autosale after 2 months of inactivity.

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
I still dont see how taxes effect anything. Plus even if it were a thing, it would be a hastle for someone to keep track of what sells and what the tax of that sale would be. Even if this tax thing were to happen even tho i think its a bad idea and a waste of money, there would have to be some sort of plugin to control and keep track of it.
Of course, it would not make sense to have taxes 'manually counted', the only way it would work would be a through a plugin. I'm still confused on how you think it wouldn't affect anything. It would take money away from players depending on how many plots they have (in short). It's definitely not impossible to make a plugin for taxes, after, everything that is needed is stored through area shop. Things like plot price/value (this reoccurs when a plot goes up on forsale), a player's plots (/as me), and bank money.

And about island taxes, I kind of have mixed opinions.

As an island owner, I would dread that, and shadow made a good point about how islands with regions on them would end up paying taxes when the majority of the island is plots. But I own a private island which kind of changes the situation, its pretty much a giant plot. However, I don't think islands should be taxed in any way, because they aren't recognized as normal plots, they even have separate rules such as apartment regioning. I can see how people would support having only private islands taxed. In some way it makes sense, since it would encourage the owner to region plots on it to make it 'not private'. The thing with that is the value between private and non private islands. Everyone can agree on this, private islands with no regions are a lot more valuable than islands with regions on them. And I'm not talking a couple million, private islands can get very, very expensive, which makes it a big achievement to own one. Taxing something of that value is just an 'attempt to financially kill the player'. That's just my thoughts

Last edited:
T

Trump15024

The largest problem with the economy is the McCities Dollar/currency is buying less and less each day. There is just literally way too much inflation. And for those who say it’s not a problem just 2-3 years ago you could buy islands for 1m and 1m was considered 10n. The only people who truly have an advantage in the economy is those who have 10m plus just being honest.

T

Trump15024

The largest problem with the economy is the McCities Dollar/currency is buying less and less each day. There is just literally way too much inflation. And for those who say it’s not a problem just 2-3 years ago you could buy islands for 1m and 1m was considered 10n. The only people who truly have an advantage in the economy is those who have 10m plus just being honest.
Plus there is no one regulating the economy like a government body etc staff does ish but not like a government.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Could simply be fixed by nerfing jobs for players that have reached citizen of some sort.

Honestly nobody reads me so Imma say again xd

Of course, it would not make sense to have taxes 'manually counted', the only way it would work would be a through a plugin. I'm still confused on how you think it wouldn't affect anything. It would take money away from players depending on how many plots they have (in short). It's definitely not impossible to make a plugin for taxes, after, everything that is needed is stored through area shop. Things like plot price/value (this reoccurs when a plot goes up on forsale), a player's plots (/as me), and bank money.

And about island taxes, I kind of have mixed opinions.

As an island owner, I would dread that, and shadow made a good point about how islands with regions on them would end up paying taxes when the majority of the island is plots. But I own a private island which kind of changes the situation, its pretty much a giant plot. However, I don't think islands should be taxed in any way, because they aren't recognized as normal plots, they even have separate rules such as apartment regioning. I can see how people would support having only private islands taxed. In some way it makes sense, since it would encourage the owner to region plots on it to make it 'not private'. The thing with that is the value between private and non private islands. Everyone can agree on this, private islands with no regions are a lot more valuable than islands with regions on them. And I'm not talking a couple million, private islands can get very, very expensive, which makes it a big achievement to own one. Taxing something of that value is just an 'attempt to financially kill the player'. That's just my thoughts
This would be great if there wasn't an easier solution like creating more and having a plot limit (wich there is so whut)

And island taxes would be more efficient if they went to the island owner payed by the people who own a region on the island.
Would be
1. Realistic
2. Easy enough (just a small rent a week over the buying and selling of the region)
3. Encourage more regions being created.
4. Houses have to be regioned anyway, so the 'tax/rent' prices of the regions could even varivy.
5. Would also discourage players from hoarding regions on islands anyway as you have to pay for owning a plot.

Don't really see any big downsides.

This would simply:
Encourage island owners to make regions.
Bring more houses on the market.
Prevent hoarding on islands.
Be fair for the rich and poor as the tax variates.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Plus there is no one regulating the economy like a government body etc staff does ish but not like a government.
1. We no need no goverment of cities xd rb is more then enough. :eek:
2. Staff can't influence the economy that much. Nor do they seem to want to. But they sometimes pay attention and nerf loopholes. But most of the time too late.

T

Trump15024

1. We no need no goverment of cities xd rb is more then enough. :eek:
2. Staff can't influence the economy that much. Nor do they seem to want to. But they sometimes pay attention and nerf loopholes. But most of the time too late.
I am not saying we need a government in Cayman but we could look at some new guidance by a governing body such as staff

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
The housing market has slowed considerably throughout the past year and prices have multiplied. Adding more properties would not be beneficial, because there's no need for this many plots. If plots were taken away, however, there'd actually be a demand for them. Right now, there's pretty much no demand for houses because Citizens own like 10. There's not exactly a good way to implement the reduction of houses though.

Idea 1: Players could sell the plot back to the server for a fair price.
Pros - players would get what they paid for the house and wouldn't lose any money in the investment. The server would own the home, so there would be more of a demand for houses owned by players, and the housing market may start up again when there's a demand.
Cons - the house would sit empty and vacant. There would be less of a sense of community.

Idea 2: Reduce the plot limit to 15 houses for normal players, 20 for realtors. There's no need for that many houses.
Pros - players would sell some plots, either to players to help the housing market thrive or to the server to create even more of a demand.
Cons - players may lose money on their investment because no one wants to buy their properties.

Idea 3: Remove as many regions as possible - apartments, houses, buildings, just anything to get rid of properties. Enforce a temporary "NO REGIONING" rule, even on islands, until there's clear, strict apartment guidelines. This includes regioning plots on islands - sorry island owners.
Pros - less regions = less lag from all these regions. There's over a thousand unrented apartments, there's just no need. I personally had 26 bunnyears plots regioned, thinking that this will help the housing market! I was wrong! The price inflated from 235k per plot to over 475k and real estate has stalled.
Cons - probably the least popular idea. Island owners wouldn't be able to make money, players wouldn't be able to make more apartments (less money for them). There's *very little demand* for plots, so players are just keeping them until they get an extremely high, overpriced offer from a desperate player just wanting their first house while people are bored with their 30 plots. Bad!

Idea 4: Make money pits. Add cool things for rich players to waste money on. My "Stuff for the Rich" ideas have been shot down in the past, but if you take a look at the "Inactivity" section on the forums you'll see that rich players are leaving because it. is. boring. once. you. have. a. lot. of. money. Yeah I'm greedy, I want access to buying cool things as a reward for earning an excess of cash. Mansions just aren't fun anymore when you can buy twenty (20) multimillion-dollar homes.
Pros - take less money out of the economy. Give richer players something to actually do and enjoy the time on the server, instead of logging on to save their plots.
Cons - "It's not fair for them to get to buy cool things!!!!! Greedy fools!!!!!!!!"

Overall, there needs to be less concentration on real estate on the server. Almost everyone tries to make money by buying, fixing up, and selling houses, and this just doesn't work if everyone does it.

I know these ideas suck, but something has to be done. I'm not speaking as a staff member here, or as an economy expert (I have no knowledge of anything related to finance, economics, whatever it's called, I just don't know anything about it, don't speak to me condescendingly because *I know these potential options are not ideal*). I'm speaking as a bored, rich player that has seen the real estate market die, player count literally halving since last summer, etc. etc.

TL;DR - There's something called supply & demand, and when there's too much of a supply there's no demand. If there's not enough supply, there's a demand. Do the math!! Get rid of some houses & some money, try to get a want for houses again. And I'm tired right now so don't mind the stupidness in this post.