Government?

T

Trump15024

Before everyone starts commenting "NO WORST IDEA EVER BLAH BLAH" please read what my suggestion is. McCities has an economy and is basically a city it has all aspects of a city but it lacks a government. Now you may think that when I mean government I mean something similar to the Runnerboro government with voting etc but that's not what I mean. I think we need a "governing body" that governs the in-game city made up of 2 members of the staff and 2 members of the player base. The government would control in game laws, hold events, and could better the city. In this situation, the staff team would always, of course, have final decisions with the server but the government would be made up of staff and players.

So how would the 2 players get in the government? Staff every 3-4 months or how much time would hold a simple thread on forums with a poll just like POTM and players can vote using the poll and players can list their ideas of what they would do in the government. This is not a radical idea and older staff had Cayman elections.

For example, the government would work like this: government member a would work with architects after approval of the staff/rest of the government to plan a cooler road design in Cayman, while government member b could be holding a sporting event.

This would give all players a chance to have a say in issues affecting the server they love.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Or we would ask sundae to fix up cayman with her arch team. (Wich is a must btw)

Have staff host events cuz that their job.
Keep goverments for island owners only. (I mean isolate and contain)

Buuut. I'm actually not against the drama this will bring. I mean drama keeps people active around here! But yes it will bring drama but Im not against it as long as its only under 1 posts on forums ;)

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Just a follow up, I sort of had an idea similar to this which I discussed with several old staff members.

It would be several cities in mccities lets say maple or blumount could have its own leading body. It would be composed of a staff and a player not too sure about the amount but just 1 staff member per city. Then around 2-3 players. The idea behind this is too bring competition to island owners, and the different cities. So the values of real estate and facilities etc... would be able to appreciate and depreciate. All plots that are autosold to nibble in that area would be bought back from a jr admin/admin. The only condition to this is a jr admin or admin cant participate to avoid bias. This is just an idea, not too sure about a whole government over the whole mccities, sounds like too much power control in my opinion, at the very least make two governing bodies for newcity and cayman if it were to come to that.

I don’t really know on how this exactly would work. But I have a few ideas in mind. Just not so sure about a government over all of mccities. As that can easily disqualify island owners/city owners if newalexandria is ever sold, to avoid major bias.

Questar

Staff member
Verified
Poolisk
Poolisk
Aug 12, 2018
United States
Before everyone starts commenting "NO WORST IDEA EVER BLAH BLAH" please read what my suggestion is. McCities has an economy and is basically a city it has all aspects of a city but it lacks a government. Now you may think that when I mean government I mean something similar to the Runnerboro government with voting etc but that's not what I mean. I think we need a "governing body" that governs the in-game city made up of 2 members of the staff and 2 members of the player base. The government would control in game laws, hold events, and could better the city. In this situation, the staff team would always, of course, have final decisions with the server but the government would be made up of staff and players.

So how would the 2 players get in the government? Staff every 3-4 months or how much time would hold a simple thread on forums with a poll just like POTM and players can vote using the poll and players can list their ideas of what they would do in the government. This is not a radical idea and older staff had Cayman elections.

For example, the government would work like this: government member a would work with architects after approval of the staff/rest of the government to plan a cooler road design in Cayman, while government member b could be holding a sporting event.

This would give all players a chance to have a say in issues affecting the server they love.

Love this Idea so much!

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Whoever actually becomes president, can he not post about every bill signed *cough* or not even have a millions bills
NO BILLS!
Forreal. Just a bit less roleplay on the inside. Like they make a bill for their plans afterwards or smthn so it's roleplay to the outside. But the billsystem fails a hella lot.

I would also say island owners cant compete to give others a chance but that rather be something for the future. When we have more players again.

Love it!
But, I don't really want in-game laws changed.
Wich will be the first limitation of the goverment. Staff can make a list of limitations once the first elections comes around. So we know what were going for.

Tbh this suggestion could also just be: region more cities on cayman self (space enough) and then have those run by buyers. (Same auction system as aj-land)

Reactions: Powerfull and Minty

Death

Mar 18, 2017
NO BILLS!
Forreal. Just a bit less roleplay on the inside. Like they make a bill for their plans afterwards or smthn so it's roleplay to the outside. But the billsystem fails a hella lot.

I would also say island owners cant compete to give others a chance but that rather be something for the future. When we have more players again.

Wich will be the first limitation of the goverment. Staff can make a list of limitations once the first elections comes around. So we know what were going for.

Tbh this suggestion could also just be: region more cities on cayman self (space enough) and then have those run by buyers. (Same auction system as aj-land)
Auctions take too long if you would have to auction every piece of land of the majority, selling it at different times would be more advisable

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Auctions take too long if you would have to auction every piece of land of the majority, selling it at different times would be more advisable
Well yea ofc at different times. Not 10 cities at 1 time. I mean staff doesnt want to fix the city let us do it not?

Reactions: Powerfull

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Well yea ofc at different times. Not 10 cities at 1 time. I mean staff doesnt want to fix the city let us do it not?
I mean auctioning isn’t exactly a viable solution, if you were to sell out cities, that wouldn’t be a good idea either. At the most they can appoint or make it like a government role or something. Just selling out cities is not exactly realistic. But oh well the idea sounds fun.