Hey Ya'll, Hopefully This is Important to you guys. :)

wisemanjp

Verified
wisemanjp
wisemanjp
Jan 13, 2018
the ink inside a ballpoint pen
Hello! (Not so recently, I've just taken forever to talk about this,) People have been talking about the city standards for builds. I find that valid points are being made that not everybody is seeing, so I'm creating this thread so everybody's opinions can be acknowledged and responded to in an orderly manner.

!WARNING! Almost everything I'm about to say has been gathered from experiences, observations and conversations with fellow players, and I am not in any way trying to talk bad about our standards and/or staff if I reference them! !WARNING!

The first thing I'd like to address is the standard's overall summary. Although there is a guide to city standards, it seems that many (not all, and I emphasize this) have read it and took the time to understand what the standards really are and what they stand for. As a result, people assume that the standards are just: "It's gotta be modern," and some, such as Trevor, have said some things that I have acknowledged that may be valid points:
Trevor has had problems relating to transferring homes onto his plots, and he voiced his concerns in the Shout Box on the forums page.
"are there any places where the buildings don't have to be "modern"? Everywhere I look its always quartz and I'm looking for somewhere to live that doesn't look like a carbon copy of the neighboring city..."

"i still find it pretty ----- that the staff prefers and ugly box ("Exterior - At least have some sort of a shape, try not to make it look like a plain square, circle, or whatever it is.") over a modern, refined mansion just because it's not made out of quartz lmao"

These are just a few of the ones that I could find in the shout box (That weren't incredibly offensive, and I am in no way saying that Trevor's actions in the Shout Box were ok by using him as an example, he's just one of the few that I could find who stood up about what they wanted to change with the standards, and I admire that, just not the way he went on with it.) One that I could not find was about a modern home's lack of character. While some modern homes that fit the standards have a unique personality, a diverse set of materials and such would be nice to have in a certain area.

These arguments are applying to what Trevor said and what the uproar was about maybe a month ago, but as of now, from my experiences, the standards have been becoming looser. I have been able to transfer 2 relatively exotic homes to both kittyhome3 and house02, which the latter has been sold, and I am not in contact with the owners, so I have no clue if the home is still there. I see that things are getting better, but if another argument like Trevor's points come up again, action will most likely have to be taken before all heck breaks loose.

I IN NO WAY MEAN TO CAUSE PANIC FOR THE FUTURE OF THE SERVER, AND AM JUST POINTING OUT THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED AND ARE STILL HAPPENING!!

This server is truly wonderful and I do hope that all of this improves as time goes on, and if enough of us want change, then we have a better chance of it happening. This is what I've gathered mainly from Trevor, and I agree with him on most accounts, just not the way he goes about it.

Thanks, ~ Will

T

Trump15024

Hello! (Not so recently, I've just taken forever to talk about this,) People have been talking about the city standards for builds. I find that valid points are being made that not everybody is seeing, so I'm creating this thread so everybody's opinions can be acknowledged and responded to in an orderly manner.

!WARNING! Almost everything I'm about to say has been gathered from experiences, observations and conversations with fellow players, and I am not in any way trying to talk bad about our standards and/or staff if I reference them! !WARNING!

The first thing I'd like to address is the standard's overall summary. Although there is a guide to city standards, it seems that many (not all, and I emphasize this) have read it and took the time to understand what the standards really are and what they stand for. As a result, people assume that the standards are just: "It's gotta be modern," and some, such as Trevor, have said some things that I have acknowledged that may be valid points:
Trevor has had problems relating to transferring homes onto his plots, and he voiced his concerns in the Shout Box on the forums page.
"are there any places where the buildings don't have to be "modern"? Everywhere I look its always quartz and I'm looking for somewhere to live that doesn't look like a carbon copy of the neighboring city..."

"i still find it pretty ----- that the staff prefers and ugly box ("Exterior - At least have some sort of a shape, try not to make it look like a plain square, circle, or whatever it is.") over a modern, refined mansion just because it's not made out of quartz lmao"

These are just a few of the ones that I could find in the shout box (That weren't incredibly offensive, and I am in no way saying that Trevor's actions in the Shout Box were ok by using him as an example, he's just one of the few that I could find who stood up about what they wanted to change with the standards, and I admire that, just not the way he went on with it.) One that I could not find was about a modern home's lack of character. While some modern homes that fit the standards have a unique personality, a diverse set of materials and such would be nice to have in a certain area.

These arguments are applying to what Trevor said and what the uproar was about maybe a month ago, but as of now, from my experiences, the standards have been becoming looser. I have been able to transfer 2 relatively exotic homes to both kittyhome3 and house02, which the latter has been sold, and I am not in contact with the owners, so I have no clue if the home is still there. I see that things are getting better, but if another argument like Trevor's points come up again, action will most likely have to be taken before all heck breaks loose.

I IN NO WAY MEAN TO CAUSE PANIC FOR THE FUTURE OF THE SERVER, AND AM JUST POINTING OUT THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED AND ARE STILL HAPPENING!!

This server is truly wonderful and I do hope that all of this improves as time goes on, and if enough of us want change, then we have a better chance of it happening. This is what I've gathered mainly from Trevor, and I agree with him on most accounts, just not the way he goes about it.

Thanks, ~ Will
Well, I get your point that having a non-modern area like you mentioned a cottage in one post would be nice but McCities is supposed to be a modern, economic, growing city. However, islands have somewhat choice on the theme of the island depending on certain circumstances so maybe island owners could add features like that.

Reactions: Minty

wisemanjp

Verified
wisemanjp
wisemanjp
Jan 13, 2018
Well, I get your point that having a non-modern area like you mentioned a cottage in one post would be nice but McCities is supposed to be a modern, economic, growing city. However, islands have somewhat choice on the theme of the island depending on certain circumstances so maybe island owners could add features like that.
About this. Some people have been itching for change, and if we have more diversity coming down the line, then that's great! I appreciate your thoughts on this topic

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Sometimes suburban houses are allowed. Ofc medival and such just don't fit. But modern works. Suburban and like the mix styles with the brick and ovens. (Forgot the name fragilebean builds it mostly)
There is a good variaty

wisemanjp

Verified
wisemanjp
wisemanjp
Jan 13, 2018
*Variety

I know there is a lot of variety, but some people would like even more things, more than just suburban and things. h807, I believe, is a spooky home that is in a style that I think would be cool to have in more places than one. That's just an example, as there are even more homes that people would like to take inspiration from, but that the standards restrict that inspiration.

Shadow_stalker77

Jul 14, 2017
In actual towns/cities, there's no "spooky homes" or anything that doesn't fit in. There's even neighborhood groups that prevent this (HOA). You can always build these other-style houses in creative and not have them transferred.

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
Nice post! I know I don't always go about issues in the best way which is my bad lol. But yeah, I still just feel that even though a house is "modern," if it's not made of dark blocks like dark oak or concrete/clay and quartz it's "not going to match the other houses" when in reality it would look much better than the previous house. It makes me even more upset when I see the "spooky homes" just randomly put or eyesores/empty plots that have been there for months, but my mansion is just too ugly to ever be transferred, yknow? Idk this is just my take on it.