I am sick and tired of this. (serious problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
Hi,
Im going to explain how my experience of trying to do 1 SIMPLE task on this server for 2 months plus and can't do it because normal players are so limited and trapped in a monopoly. If you think otherwise feel free to comment a solution, but THERE is no solution. Im not looking for criticism just solutions. Its goes as follows....

So about 1.5-2 months ago Leanne finally transferred my island to arch world along with sundae. I was so happy because i can finally terraform my island and then paste the builds I have on there and get it transferred. So from 1.5-2months ago I've been trying to find an Architect that would terraform my island. It's not even hard it needs 4-7 days of work if not less. But NO one can do it. They either don't know how to terraform or not taking any jobs. Ive asked literally almost all architects. A month after desperately trying to find an architect i even told my sister that if she finds someone that can do a good job im going to pay her 400k and 800k for the architect. That's how bad I need an architect.

Why do i need an architect and not any normal builder? Well, I'm glad you asked because without world edit in order to terraform my island you will need a team of 5 that are willing to work 5 hours a day for 1 month or more. As simple as that. I've hired archs multiple times, they always cancel for no good reason and im sick and tired of waiting. God hasn't given me the talent of building, im good in other things but building and terraforming aren't one of them. Death made a good suggestion that would end this monopoly but it was shot down. I understand the reason but for that, but what you all don't understand is that architects have a HUGE advantage on other players simply by controlling to building market. If I'm going to be honest, i don't really care anymore about that. I'm willing to overpay for my island to be done, it really doesn't matter to me anymore. But unless anyone can give me a REAL solution then i suggest you either hire some more terraformers to the architect team or you allow island owners to have some kind of access to world edit. Although I'm the worlds worst builder/terraformer i would rather do it myself then have no progress for 2 MONTHS.

Im sorry if i sound mad or frustrated, its because i am. I'm sick and tired of having to wait and wait and wait for a job that doesn't even need that much effort, all it needs is to have access to freaking world edit. I appreciate any support of trying to find me a solution. All i want is to make a public island for the server to enjoy. I've invested millions into its rebuilding. Approximately 3 - 4.5mil, that number shouldn't be that high but archs control pricing of the builds on the server and i don't really care.

Please help me.

T

Trump15024

Hi,
Im going to explain how my experience of trying to do 1 SIMPLE task on this server for 2 months plus and can't do it because normal players are so limited and trapped in a monopoly. If you think otherwise feel free to comment a solution, but THERE is no solution. Im not looking for criticism just solutions. Its goes as follows....

So about 1.5-2 months ago Leanne finally transferred my island to arch world along with sundae. I was so happy because i can finally terraform my island and then paste the builds I have on there and get it transferred. So from 1.5-2months ago I've been trying to find an Architect that would terraform my island. It's not even hard it needs 4-7 days of work if not less. But NO one can do it. They either don't know how to terraform or not taking any jobs. Ive asked literally almost all architects. A month after desperately trying to find an architect i even told my sister that if she finds someone that can do a good job im going to pay her 400k and 800k for the architect. That's how bad I need an architect.

Why do i need an architect and not any normal builder? Well, I'm glad you asked because without world edit in order to terraform my island you will need a team of 5 that are willing to work 5 hours a day for 1 month or more. As simple as that. I've hired archs multiple times, they always cancel for no good reason and im sick and tired of waiting. God hasn't given me the talent of building, im good in other things but building and terraforming aren't one of them. Death made a good suggestion that would end this monopoly but it was shot down. I understand the reason but for that, but what you all don't understand is that architects have a HUGE advantage on other players simply by controlling to building market. If I'm going to be honest, i don't really care anymore about that. I'm willing to overpay for my island to be done, it really doesn't matter to me anymore. But unless anyone can give me a REAL solution then i suggest you either hire some more terraformers to the architect team or you allow island owners to have some kind of access to world edit. Although I'm the worlds worst builder/terraformer i would rather do it myself then have no progress for 2 MONTHS.

Im sorry if i sound mad or frustrated, its because i am. I'm sick and tired of having to wait and wait and wait for a job that doesn't even need that much effort, all it needs is to have access to freaking world edit. I appreciate any support of trying to find me a solution. All i want is to make a public island for the server to enjoy. I've invested millions into its rebuilding. Approximately 3 - 4.5mil, that number shouldn't be that high but archs control pricing of the builds on the server and i don't really care.

Please help me.
Your main point is monopolies and you know how much I hate monopolies. I agree (nothing against archs love you all) architects do hold a monopoly. Plus another thing with island that makes me upset is people who are on the server 3 minutes a month to hoard plots on your island where you cant terraform the plots are never used and then the people who hoard plots on islands so you cant get anything done.

Reactions: Minty and Optic

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
Architects don't exactly control the building market. Everyone has access to build and have their houses (that follow plot rules) transferred into the city.

Architects have the special WorldEdit permissions as a tool to help them build, like how the police team has a police teleport to get within 300-400 blocks of the criminal. Neither of the special tools are required to do the job, but can be used to help out and distinguish them from normal players. Having access to it doesn't mean that they have to use it or take on a terraforming project.

Four architects have recently left the team for various reasons, so there's a little shortage right now. Architect applications opened a few days ago & people should be able to post their apps, so I'm entirely open to adding new people to the team.

As a side note, all company owners control their prices. Slimefun businesses choose prices for dusts, food vendors set prices for their goods, and, similarly, builders choose what to charge for their builds. You can accept or deny the service, but all workers can sell things for whatever price they want here.

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
Architects don't exactly control the building market. Everyone has access to build and have their houses (that follow plot rules) transferred into the city.

Architects have the special WorldEdit permissions as a tool to help them build, like how the police team has a police teleport to get within 300-400 blocks of the criminal. Neither of the special tools are required to do the job, but can be used to help out and distinguish them from normal players. Having access to it doesn't mean that they have to use it or take on a terraforming project.

Four architects have recently left the team for various reasons, so there's a little shortage right now. Architect applications opened a few days ago & people should be able to post their apps, so I'm entirely open to adding new people to the team.

As a side note, all company owners control their prices. Slimefun businesses choose prices for dusts, food vendors set prices for their goods, and, similarly, builders choose what to charge for their builds. You can accept or deny the service, but all workers can sell things for whatever price they want here.
I understand that, i would like to point out that trying to get someone to take this Exteremly high paying project with little work for almost 2 months. Not only am i over paying but im not even getting a worker. The difference between archs and sf is you can live without sf, but you cant live without architects unless you know how to build. I for one dont, which is why im willing to pay so much but waiting 2 MONTHS for someone to take the project is insane. There needs to be an alternative. I mean what do you think will change in 1 month time. I can tell you nothing. No one will take the project either because they dont know how to terraform or because they already have alot of projects. Thats my problem here, not the fact that they have access to world edit. What can possibly be the harm in allowing island owners to have access to w/e. If no one wants to do the job then plz let me do it myself.

Shadow_stalker77

Jul 14, 2017
What can possibly be the harm in allowing island owners to have access to w/e. If no one wants to do the job then plz let me do it myself.
There’s a huge problem with giving island owners, or any non-arch, worldedit. It’s simple: the only perk that architects get is access to this command. Literally nothing else except for a tag in chat and a big plot.

Police officers get cool commands and have tons of perks. Realtors, biologists, and teachers even get special commands/abilities. If island owners got access to worldedit, that would minimize the one thing that people become architects for.

I’m pretty sure arch apps were open at least once since you got gamerboy00, too. If you needed an arch so bad, why not apply? Plus, I remember that it took literally forever to even straighten out a plot to move the island onto. That doesn’t scream “urgent” to me. Even starting to terraform 2 months ago would mean that you’d be done by now.

There is now a “request an architect” section on forums. It may come in handy to reach architects that weren’t approached to handle the project.

Worldedit isn’t a magical solution to terraforming; it takes a lot of manual block-placing, too. But architects are the only one with those commands. I mean, I guess it’s a little selfish to want one unique thing :)

Reactions: Minty and Optic

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
There’s a huge problem with giving island owners, or any non-arch, worldedit. It’s simple: the only perk that architects get is access to this command. Literally nothing else except for a tag in chat and a big plot.

Police officers get cool commands and have tons of perks. Realtors, biologists, and teachers even get special commands/abilities. If island owners got access to worldedit, that would minimize the one thing that people become architects for.

I’m pretty sure arch apps were open at least once since you got gamerboy00, too. If you needed an arch so bad, why not apply? Plus, I remember that it took literally forever to even straighten out a plot to move the island onto. That doesn’t scream “urgent” to me. Even starting to terraform 2 months ago would mean that you’d be done by now.

There is now a “request an architect” section on forums. It may come in handy to reach architects that weren’t approached to handle the project.

Worldedit isn’t a magical solution to terraforming; it takes a lot of manual block-placing, too. But architects are the only one with those commands. I mean, I guess it’s a little selfish to want one unique thing :)
Correct me if im wrong, but giving 2 people access to world edit dosent take away what makes an arch special. (I say two because myself and another player are the only people able to do so with their private island)

Actually being a former teacher, there is absolutely no cool command/thing at all about being a teacher.

I cant apply because i dont think that im anywhere near as good of a builder/terraformer. Just because i didnt make a post like this about a plot transfer dosent mean that it wasnt urgent. After a long wait, Leanne explained to me why no one was able to do the transfer request at the time. I dont have anybody expalining why there isnt 1 archetect thats good with terraforming that would be willing to take an exteremely over paying job for some work. The thing is i cant terraform because idk how to by hand. Posedion taught me how to do it using w/e tho, which is why im trying to find a solution for this.

I really dont see how its selfish about paying so much to have my island terraformed. I think you mis-understood me, i would LOVE/prefer for a good terraforming architect to take the job, but that didnt happen. An alternative would be allowing people with problems like the one im facing rn that clearly has no solution (so far) to use w/e for some temporary time. I mean if anything its a little selfish to not allow people to find alternatives (like the one i just presented) since no one wants to use their "one unique thing".

So by what you said all you told me was that i was taking away the one special thing architects have by using it temporarily. But on the other hand you have no solution. If your solution is to make a arch request, there would be no point because i talked to most architects, and all the good terraformers and they all dont want to do it/cant do it. But if it pleases you ill make one rn.

Also :
Im not looking for criticism just solutions

Last edited:

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive

Workers can choose their price yes, but these workers have something others don't (for a reason, yes), which kind of invalidates that point.

Also are applications open under the normal/usual section? I can't seem to even open the Architect-Application sub forum.

Reactions: Minty and LavaFlake

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive

I don't really want to start an argument or anything, but world edit (AND voxel sniper) are very important tools for creating islands. Trust me, I know better than anyone how effective World Edit can be, when utilized correctly.

The "request an architect" section is pretty much useless for this because pretty much no arch was/would be able to commit to building huge islands, unless they had intentions on doing their own.

T

Trump15024

In the end, there are not many architects who do terraforming. For those who do some terraforming most deny the projects because of 1. They don't want to take a big island project or 2. They don't want to help certain islands. The very few people who offer the service of terraforming currently have a monopoly as they control the whole market, raising prices on consumers, and decreasing competition in the market. Again they control the WHOLE service and can raise or lower prices as they wish. This cannot be compared to slimefun as its a larger, free, and open market. Teachers are not in demand positions like architects as the server mostly relies on infrastructure to run not education. I am not saying give island owners free arch perms but I think island owners should get more flexibility after spending usually 15m+

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
In the end, there are not many architects who do terraforming. For those who do some terraforming most deny the projects because of 1. They don't want to take a big island project or 2. They don't want to help certain islands. The very few people who offer the service of terraforming currently have a monopoly as they control the whole market, raising prices on consumers, and decreasing competition in the market. Again they control the WHOLE service and can raise or lower prices as they wish. This cannot be compared to slimefun as its a larger, free, and open market. Teachers are not in demand positions like architects as the server mostly relies on infrastructure to run not education. I am not saying give island owners free arch perms but I think island owners should get more flexibility after spending usually 15m+
To be clear and to clarify, the monopoly trump is talking about isn't the concept that "arches make houses, and therefore no one else can". This idea, is based on the fact that arches are almost quite literally the only ones who can build/redesign a full island.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
So because I don't have a rank that is unobtainable at this time means I am unqualified to terraform and design LavaFlakes's island?
Well he is looking to have it done anytime soon. Only 1 person by hand redoing a 500x500 island ish... gl with that xd

Also sundae, donno bout you but your island has 2 a4chs as owners. You were not obligated to spend a cent on other archs. So you may not see the point.

We could. Make islands community projects. This way archs can be forced to help and dont event get paided. Just a shoutout. (Or small payment idk)

Shadow_stalker77

Jul 14, 2017
Correct me if im wrong, but giving 2 people access to world edit dosent take away what makes an arch special. (I say two because myself and another player are the only people able to do so with their private island)

Actually being a former teacher, there is absolutely no cool command/thing at all about being a teacher.

I cant apply because i dont think that im anywhere near as good of a builder/terraformer. Just because i didnt make a post like this about a plot transfer dosent mean that it wasnt urgent. After a long wait, Leanne explained to me why no one was able to do the transfer request at the time. I dont have anybody expalining why there isnt 1 archetect thats good with terraforming that would be willing to take an exteremely over paying job for some work. The thing is i cant terraform because idk how to by hand. Posedion taught me how to do it using w/e tho, which is why im trying to find a solution for this.

I really dont see how its selfish about paying so much to have my island terraformed. I think you mis-understood me, i would LOVE/prefer for a good terraforming architect to take the job, but that didnt happen. An alternative would be allowing people with problems like the one im facing rn that clearly has no solution (so far) to use w/e for some temporary time. I mean if anything its a little selfish to not allow people to find alternatives (like the one i just presented) since no one wants to use their "one unique thing".

So by what you said all you told me was that i was taking away the one special thing architects have by using it temporarily. But on the other hand you have no solution. If your solution is to make a arch request, there would be no point because i talked to most architects, and all the good terraformers and they all dont want to do it/cant do it. But if it pleases you ill make one rn.

Also :
I believe I provided a solution: become an architect. You'd have to try terraforming by hand to get in, though, just like I assume Purpleturkey had to.

Another would be to ask every arch to take the project, seeing how several were not asked. The request-an-arch application may help.

Another one: hire a non-arch who is willing to terraform by hand. It’s not exactly difficult for someone who knows how; every bit of terraforming I’ve ever done was by hand, not with worldedit.

One more alternative would be to wait 2 months with no action and then make a post on forums about how lazy architects are and that you can do so much better. Oh, wait....

Letting island owners have worldedit is not the only “alternative,” it’s just the easiest and most convenient for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.