If The Sever Is Dying... || @Laurel

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
So a lot of people are saying this sever is dying ;-; and in my personal opinion i dont think it is. But i didnt want to make this thread to talk about IF its dying... because at the end of the day it doesnt matter if its dying. What matters is if you enjoy being here. Even if i thought that this sever was dying, i would still want to be here because i LOVE this place. I think no matter if you think the sever is dying or not, your still here, and your here for a reason. So does it honestly matter if the sever is dying? I know that the question "IS the sever dying" is very controversial but i think we all love this sever... and thats why we are still here. i hope we can look away from that question and focus on how much we enjoy being here <3

So yea, thats just my personal thoughts, i respect everyone's thoughts and opinions and im not asking you in anyway to care about anything i just said, but thats just my personal thoughts ^-^ Dont Forget To Smile <3

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
Yeah, there's still a good handful of dedicated players which is good. I think school has a lot to do with it, and the server has been going down a lot again. It's hard to deny that a lot of people have left, but I wouldn't say the server is quite dead yet.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Its not dead. It is dying. People who scream at you that its dyibg are just scared. We dont want this server to die. We want it to live. Be active have more players be popular again. Honestly even with the lowering playerbase of minecraft in general this server needs only 500 players to be so great. 500 different players and some new ones every now and then.

We just lost balance thats all...

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Its not dead. It is dying. People who scream at you that its dyibg are just scared. We dont want this server to die. We want it to live. Be active have more players be popular again. Honestly even with the lowering playerbase of minecraft in general this server needs only 500 players to be so great. 500 different players and some new ones every now and then.

Reactions: Minty and Laurel

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps

Reactions: Minty and Laurel

Death

Mar 18, 2017
So a lot of people are saying this sever is dying ;-; and in my personal opinion i dont think it is. But i didnt want to make this thread to talk about IF its dying... because at the end of the day it doesnt matter if its dying. What matters is if you enjoy being here. Even if i thought that this sever was dying, i would still want to be here because i LOVE this place. I think no matter if you think the sever is dying or not, your still here, and your here for a reason. So does it honestly matter if the sever is dying? I know that the question "IS the sever dying" is very controversial but i think we all love this sever... and thats why we are still here. i hope we can look away from that question and focus on how much we enjoy being here <3

So yea, thats just my personal thoughts, i respect everyone's thoughts and opinions and im not asking you in anyway to care about anything i just said, but thats just my personal thoughts ^-^ Dont Forget To Smile <3
Ok so just to get this straight, the view on this is very opinionated well some are backed up by research now (interesting player base, smh they do minecraft research and get F in research papers xd ppl these days). Anyways we know we like the server and all its a nice place, has nice stuff etc... What I find very wrong here is you asking to sway away from the question, its like saying can you just sway away from the thought of seeing a robber outside your house. When you choose not to accept what you see, and choose not to act on it is called the bystander effect. Its worse than being a bully because you have the ability to act but you choose not to. The bully could be enraged for whatever reason mental problem or stress so its not entirely their fault (sometimes). We know the server isn’t the same and of course we still play. When you say look away from the question like I said that is running away from a problem which makes it worst. You see you got a good intention bit the way of trying to fix the problem does not show a viable solution. Its like drugs, lets take away stress so lets take drugs which only lasts for a while until you keep believing that there is nothing wrong happening but when there is actually something wrong happening. I get that your concerned but before you start influencing people on what you think the solution is, try to analyze the problem. I get that your a very peacemaking person but not everything in this world can be resolved through rainbows and fairy tales. Some things need debates and lots of arguements to find a viable solution to the problem at hand. And of course we enjoy being here, but we don’t exactly need to notice cause thats a feeling but ok i guess. Stop the bystander effect!

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
Ok so just to get this straight, the view on this is very opinionated well some are backed up by research now (interesting player base, smh they do minecraft research and get F in research papers xd ppl these days). Anyways we know we like the server and all its a nice place, has nice stuff etc... What I find very wrong here is you asking to sway away from the question, its like saying can you just sway away from the thought of seeing a robber outside your house. When you choose not to accept what you see, and choose not to act on it is called the bystander effect. Its worse than being a bully because you have the ability to act but you choose not to. The bully could be enraged for whatever reason mental problem or stress so its not entirely their fault (sometimes). We know the server isn’t the same and of course we still play. When you say look away from the question like I said that is running away from a problem which makes it worst. You see you got a good intention bit the way of trying to fix the problem does not show a viable solution. Its like drugs, lets take away stress so lets take drugs which only lasts for a while until you keep believing that there is nothing wrong happening but when there is actually something wrong happening. I get that your concerned but before you start influencing people on what you think the solution is, try to analyze the problem. I get that your a very peacemaking person but not everything in this world can be resolved through rainbows and fairy tales. Some things need debates and lots of arguements to find a viable solution to the problem at hand. And of course we enjoy being here, but we don’t exactly need to notice cause thats a feeling but ok i guess. Stop the bystander effect!
ok well maybe said that we should try to ignore the issue was a wrong choice of words on my part, but what im trying to say is i dont even this is IS and issue... so im not saying to be a bystander in this, im making my own side to the issue... which is there is no issue to even debate

Reactions: Minty and Powerfull

Minty

Verified
Mintyness
Mintyness
Citizen
Dec 22, 2017
dreamstate

for one, I personally don't think it's DYING but minecraft is certainly getting less popular, the community is pretty toxic atm but who knows if we might see a new surge of players next summer (most ppl here are school aged i guess)

Reactions: Laurel

Death

Mar 18, 2017
ok well maybe said that we should try to ignore the issue was a wrong choice of words on my part, but what im trying to say is i dont even this is IS and issue... so im not saying to be a bystander in this, im making my own side to the issue... which is there is no issue to even debate
Uhh so you contradict yourself by placing a stance on an ISSUE then you say there is no issue? When clearly there is a huge debate between so many sides on the situtation? Huh?

Gabbygytes

Aspectual
Aspectual
Sep 26, 2017
your Heart
aspectual.pw
who cares about these kinds of topics? who cares if the server is dying? who cares about Minecraft?

people are switching to a new game, busy with life, and opportunities. damn, u can't just play Minecraft forever.

Reactions: Minty

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
Uhh so you contradict yourself by placing a stance on an ISSUE then you say there is no issue? When clearly there is a huge debate between so many sides on the situtation? Huh?
i think the issue is people think there IS an issue. it doesnt matter as long as your doing something you enjoy, and if that thing you enjoy is "dying" well it doesnt exactly mater if you enjoy it.

Reactions: Powerfull and Minty

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
i think the issue is people think there IS an issue. it doesnt matter as long as your doing something you enjoy, and if that thing you enjoy is "dying" well it doesnt exactly mater if you enjoy it.
Ok so now you are accusing many players of magically "thinking there is an issue" ??? We want everything to be/work perfectly, but sadly that's not reality. I think what you are missing here is people are saying: "I have had so much fun, but X, Y, Z is ruining that fun for me, and blah is no longer interesting" (Emphasis on the 'HAD')

Reactions: Minty

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
Ok so now you are accusing many players of magically "thinking there is an issue" ??? We want everything to be/work perfectly, but sadly that's not reality. I think what you are missing here is people are saying: "I have had so much fun, but X, Y, Z is ruining that fun for me, and blah is no longer interesting" (Emphasis on the 'HAD')
ok, so if thats the case and thats still and IF to me, then why are we just complaining about it and wasting our energy saying there is an issue, but not thinking of ways to fix it? thats honestly what i dont get, it seems rlly pointless to just start saying that theres an issue but yet not look for a solution?

Death

Mar 18, 2017
ok, so if thats the case and thats still and IF to me, then why are we just complaining about it and wasting our energy saying there is an issue, but not thinking of ways to fix it? thats honestly what i dont get, it seems rlly pointless to just start saying that theres an issue but yet not look for a solution?
Thats because your claiming something that isn’t even part of the discussions. When we discuss the topics or ‘argue’ in simple minded terms, we are trying to look for solutions by pointing out the problem. When you point out a problem a solution doesn’t pop out of your head, it takes a while before you can formulate a solid solution to the problem. We are trying to fix it, but you know whats the problem here, the refusal to accept that there is already an occuring problem. Your telling me to fix something yet people argue to say there is nothing wrong. Also when you say its ‘pointless’ to say theres an issue but yet not look for a solution is also wrong. There are many issues in the world, not all are solved, not all are working to be solved but there is an issue. The fact there is an issue is what it is, you don’t go to step 2 without accepting step 1. When we say there is an issue we acknowledge it, and we don’t MAGICALLY MAKE SOLUTIONS. I think its great that your trying to help out, but yet you contradict yourself over and over again. I don’t blame you, I make mistakes from time to time, but you along with others refuse to accept the fact there is an issue, the reason we aren’t fixing it is because people lack cooperation and people refuse to accept what is happening. It would have been a lot more useful if the arguements you placed were suggestions to how to fix it and not deny the problems and even telling people there is no problem. I don’t hate you don’t get me wrong, Im trying to correct you.

You said
then why are we just complaining about it and wasting our energy saying there is an issue, but not thinking of ways to fix it?
Well clearly you made a post saying there is no issue so of course were defending our aguement. Second you say there is no issue yet you had to make a post about it, I don’t really see how that helps by denying the issue. Course we can’t solve it if you guys don’t even accept the issue.

thats honestly what i dont get, it seems rlly pointless to just start saying that theres an issue but yet not look for a solution?
Like I said above if you refuse to accept that one exusts how do you expect to solve it.
Also I find it funny how you support teachers work really hard behind the scenes etc....
I don’t blame you for that but don’t you think we (who are discussing the issue don’t work) behind the scenes to find a solution for it?
Thats kinda funny you say we don’t look for a solution yet we constantly try to search for one.

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
Thats because your claiming something that isn’t even part of the discussions. When we discuss the topics or ‘argue’ in simple minded terms, we are trying to look for solutions by pointing out the problem. When you point out a problem a solution doesn’t pop out of your head, it takes a while before you can formulate a solid solution to the problem. We are trying to fix it, but you know whats the problem here, the refusal to accept that there is already an occuring problem. Your telling me to fix something yet people argue to say there is nothing wrong. Also when you say its ‘pointless’ to say theres an issue but yet not look for a solution is also wrong. There are many issues in the world, not all are solved, not all are working to be solved but there is an issue. The fact there is an issue is what it is, you don’t go to step 2 without accepting step 1. When we say there is an issue we acknowledge it, and we don’t MAGICALLY MAKE SOLUTIONS. I think its great that your trying to help out, but yet you contradict yourself over and over again. I don’t blame you, I make mistakes from time to time, but you along with others refuse to accept the fact there is an issue, the reason we aren’t fixing it is because people lack cooperation and people refuse to accept what is happening. It would have been a lot more useful if the arguements you placed were suggestions to how to fix it and not deny the problems and even telling people there is no problem. I don’t hate you don’t get me wrong, Im trying to correct you.

You said

Well clearly you made a post saying there is no issue so of course were defending our aguement. Second you say there is no issue yet you had to make a post about it, I don’t really see how that helps by denying the issue. Course we can’t solve it if you guys don’t even accept the issue.

Like I said above if you refuse to accept that one exusts how do you expect to solve it.
Also I find it funny how you support teachers work really hard behind the scenes etc....
I don’t blame you for that but don’t you think we (who are discussing the issue don’t work) behind the scenes to find a solution for it?
Thats kinda funny you say we don’t look for a solution yet we constantly try to search for one.
With all due respect,
I support teachers because i think they are some of the most important and amazing people in the world who work incredibly hard to create a better environment for players. Thats my opinion and thats a whole separate thing.

If you think what you are doing is right, well like i said originally
im not here to try and change your mind, and i respect whatever your beliefs are, and i hope you can accept that this is what i belive. if you belive so strongly in what you think, well then my option shouldn't matter at all because IF your right well then why even take the time to replay and say anything about what i think? you are a powerful person, a smart one, and i am no one, so why in the world would you waste your time trying to convince a nobody that they should change their mind? IF my thoughts and beliefs are wrong, they will eventually drown out in the convo and you dont even need to respond. So unless my thoughts are actually correct, then why have this convo?

Reactions: Powerfull and Death