Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
---No, I'm not actually leaving on a jet plane. It's just a song.---

For my friend, Wiseman.

Strap in for a rambling post.

If I can say this without sounding arrogant, I'm sure that many of you know me. Whether this is fame or infamy, I cannot say, although I can certainly say that I have acquired a hefty amount of the latter during my time on this server. As you have probably surmised, my post here is a farewell, one that I have neglected to give for many months. I believe that my time on this server has come, and that, at the very least, I will be taking a long, long break.

---Why am I leaving?---

Dear reader, get some popcorn. I'm going to go on one of my famous diatribes.

As you may have noticed, I have seldom been active for the past six months. It would be an oversimplification to attribute this to one factor, and so a number come to mind. First and foremost, I am simply much busier than I was before. Finding time for games is important for me, but with numerous activities, (Fencing, MMA, homework, etc) taking up most of my time, I have found it difficult to find time to get online.

However, when I do have an opportunity to join, I generally decide not to, and I can attribute this to a decline in the enjoyability of the server. Now, I say this at the risk of being banned or having this post deleted, but I no longer believe that McCities has a good community. Of course, there are many, many people who do good, but most of the original players have now left. What we have now is a shell of the former community, saturated by an influx of toxic new players who seem to think that this is a Hunger Games server. This puts increased strain on the greatly diminished staff and police forces, which plays a role in damaging the overall climate of the server. To name just a few individuals who are no longer here, DarkemeraldXD, Lavaflake, and Leanne are all gone.

Please do not take this the wrong way, for I do not believe this is your fault. But, as you are someone that I look up to, I feel compelled to ask you this, @nibble.
Why is it, that in a matter of one or two years, we lose ~70% of our community? It isn't just a fluke. Most of the people who leave say that they simply don't enjoy playing anymore. It's not that they don't like the game, it's that they don't like the server. What's causing this? Once again, I and other players do not hold you accountable for these issues. However, as players, we deserve, at the very least, to have your views on this.

I no longer enjoy playing because I believe the server has been fundamentally changed. There are still wonderful people online, but I find that, between the technical issues, changing community and pointless implementations, there is not much left to enjoy. I would love to continue, but, bluntly put, there are more enjoyable things that I can spend my precious free time on.

I think one of the reasons that people often got pissed off at me was that I complained. A lot. So I would like to take some time to cover what I will miss, and the positives of McCities.

---What I will miss---

Everything Else.

Truthfully, I don't know where to start on this one. It could be the server's unique plugins, the players or even just the map. McCities will always hold a special place in my heart, and so I would just like to thank everybody who helped me throughout my journey on this wonderful server.

---Apologies and thank-you's---

To those who kept me online.

Oh, boy. Here come the waterworks.

Friends

@wisemanjp: Thank you so much for your kindness to myself and others. You were the best friend I've ever had on any server, please know that.

@DelicateBean: Thank you for always being such a happy, fun person to be around! It was always a pleasure doing business.

@laggynab: You're a legend, sir. Thanks for making me grin every time I joined with your antics in the chat.

@Laurel: I can't say how many times you've made people's day. Keep up the good work.

@Minty: May your presence on the forums never disappear. Thanks for liking all my posts!

@ItzJazzMade: Your activity on the forums helps hold it together. Thank you for all you have done for the community.

Officers

@Spyders_Crypt: Thanks for arresting me more times than I'd care to say and making a sizeable dent in my wallet. And thanks for being a good cop, too.

@CreeperCJG It was a pleasure doing business with you, and your presence ensured that all of my business was indeed legal.

Staff (Hope you guys don't mind being pinged, I know you're busy)

@nibble: I never even had a chat with you, but I have to thank you for doing so much behind-the-scenes work on our server. I hope that it will continue to thrive under your leadership.

@sundae22: Being, by nature, an argumentative person, I often got into quarrels with staff. I would like to apologize for the frustration that I caused you and I hope that you will become more active again.

@MehLife: Thanks for being such an active and fun staff member. I didn't notice that you got promoted to Administrator, congrats!

@Powerfull: You were always very patient in assisting me, and helped me get started with a lot of new things on the server. Thank you.

---Final Words---

Someday, I wish to return.

Being a somewhat incompetent writer, I can't really express my sentiments about this server very well. So, I'll resort to using some expletives.

Goddamn. When I first joined cities, I never thought that I would be writing this. Hell, I never even knew that there was a forum. But here I am, typing this, still with some disbelief. It's been a truly incredible experience to be a part of this community, and I extend a thank-you to the players of Cities, active or not, who made me smile with such regularity that I had to caution myself not to take it for granted. Thank you to my friends, my mentors and even my enemies (You certainly kept me busy). I'll still be on the forum every once and a while, and I'm working on a little project right now which I hope to share with you all. It's inspired by the SCP Foundation and the movie "A Beautiful Mind", and I'm excited to get it done. Other than that and a few views here and there, I'll be offline for the near future, at least another six months to a year, probably longer.

So before I go, here are some things about me!

My name is Josh.
I got voted most likely to take over the world, Become a CEO and President for my 8th-grade yearbook.
I'm a nerf fanatic. Like a big one.
I'm a huge fan of the SCP foundation. (914 is my favorite)
I love candy oh so much.

I won't do a face reveal (yet), I don't want to crash the Forum.

Once again, thank you so much to everyone.
You will always hold a special place in my heart.

And always remember, the sun will rise again.

Goodbye.png

T

Trump15024

---No, I'm not actually leaving on a jet plane. It's just a song.---

For my friend, Wiseman.

Strap in for a rambling post.

If I can say this without sounding arrogant, I'm sure that many of you know me. Whether this is fame or infamy, I cannot say, although I can certainly say that I have acquired a hefty amount of the latter during my time on this server. As you have probably surmised, my post here is a farewell, one that I have neglected to give for many months. I believe that my time on this server has come, and that, at the very least, I will be taking a long, long break.

---Why am I leaving?---

Dear reader, get some popcorn. I'm going to go on one of my famous diatribes.

As you may have noticed, I have seldom been active for the past six months. It would be an oversimplification to attribute this to one factor, and so a number come to mind. First and foremost, I am simply much busier than I was before. Finding time for games is important for me, but with numerous activities, (Fencing, MMA, homework, etc) taking up most of my time, I have found it difficult to find time to get online.

However, when I do have an opportunity to join, I generally decide not to, and I can attribute this to a decline in the enjoyability of the server. Now, I say this at the risk of being banned or having this post deleted, but I no longer believe that McCities has a good community. Of course, there are many, many people who do good, but most of the original players have now left. What we have now is a shell of the former community, saturated by an influx of toxic new players who seem to think that this is a Hunger Games server. This puts increased strain on the greatly diminished staff and police forces, which plays a role in damaging the overall climate of the server. To name just a few individuals who are no longer here, DarkemeraldXD, Lavaflake, and Leanne are all gone.

Please do not take this the wrong way, for I do not believe this is your fault. But, as you are someone that I look up to, I feel compelled to ask you this, @nibble.
Why is it, that in a matter of one or two years, we lose ~70% of our community? It isn't just a fluke. Most of the people who leave say that they simply don't enjoy playing anymore. It's not that they don't like the game, it's that they don't like the server. What's causing this? Once again, I and other players do not hold you accountable for these issues. However, as players, we deserve, at the very least, to have your views on this.

I no longer enjoy playing because I believe the server has been fundamentally changed. There are still wonderful people online, but I find that, between the technical issues, changing community and pointless implementations, there is not much left to enjoy. I would love to continue, but, bluntly put, there are more enjoyable things that I can spend my precious free time on.

I think one of the reasons that people often got pissed off at me was that I complained. A lot. So I would like to take some time to cover what I will miss, and the positives of McCities.

---What I will miss---

Everything Else.

Truthfully, I don't know where to start on this one. It could be the server's unique plugins, the players or even just the map. McCities will always hold a special place in my heart, and so I would just like to thank everybody who helped me throughout my journey on this wonderful server.

---Apologies and thank-you's---

To those who kept me online.

Oh, boy. Here come the waterworks.

Friends

@wisemanjp: Thank you so much for your kindness to myself and others. You were the best friend I've ever had on any server, please know that.

@DelicateBean: Thank you for always being such a happy, fun person to be around! It was always a pleasure doing business.

@laggynab: You're a legend, sir. Thanks for making me grin every time I joined with your antics in the chat.

@Laurel: I can't say how many times you've made people's day. Keep up the good work.

@Minty: May your presence on the forums never disappear. Thanks for liking all my posts!

@ItzJazzMade: Your activity on the forums helps hold it together. Thank you for all you have done for the community.

Officers

@Spyders_Crypt: Thanks for arresting me more times than I'd care to say and making a sizeable dent in my wallet. And thanks for being a good cop, too.

@CreeperCJG It was a pleasure doing business with you, and your presence ensured that all of my business was indeed legal.

Staff (Hope you guys don't mind being pinged, I know you're busy)

@nibble: I never even had a chat with you, but I have to thank you for doing so much behind-the-scenes work on our server. I hope that it will continue to thrive under your leadership.

@sundae22: Being, by nature, an argumentative person, I often got into quarrels with staff. I would like to apologize for the frustration that I caused you and I hope that you will become more active again.

@MehLife: Thanks for being such an active and fun staff member. I didn't notice that you got promoted to Administrator, congrats!

@Powerfull: You were always very patient in assisting me, and helped me get started with a lot of new things on the server. Thank you.

---Final Words---

Someday, I wish to return.

Being a somewhat incompetent writer, I can't really express my sentiments about this server very well. So, I'll resort to using some expletives.

Goddamn. When I first joined cities, I never thought that I would be writing this. Hell, I never even knew that there was a forum. But here I am, typing this, still with some disbelief. It's been a truly incredible experience to be a part of this community, and I extend a thank-you to the players of Cities, active or not, who made me smile with such regularity that I had to caution myself not to take it for granted. Thank you to my friends, my mentors and even my enemies (You certainly kept me busy). I'll still be on the forum every once and a while, and I'm working on a little project right now which I hope to share with you all. It's inspired by the SCP Foundation and the movie "A Beautiful Mind", and I'm excited to get it done. Other than that and a few views here and there, I'll be offline for the near future, at least another six months to a year, probably longer.

So before I go, here are some things about me!

My name is Josh.
I got voted most likely to take over the world, Become a CEO and President for my 8th-grade yearbook.
I'm a nerf fanatic. Like a big one.
I'm a huge fan of the SCP foundation. (914 is my favorite)
I love candy oh so much.

I won't do a face reveal (yet), I don't want to crash the Forum.

Once again, thank you so much to everyone.
You will always hold a special place in my heart.

And always remember, the sun will rise again.

View attachment 7150
I will miss seeing you in game.

wisemanjp

Verified
wisemanjp
wisemanjp
Jan 13, 2018
the ink inside a ballpoint pen
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ;-;
(me realizing i never asked you for your discord)
speak to me regularly and i shall keep u updated

we love uuuu <3 i will miss the days where we were so close to each other people thought we were dating :,) then we'd have to remind them im a girl and we were not in fact in a gay relationship

sent me your discordddddd

Last edited:

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ;-;
(me realizing i never asked you for your discord)
speak to me regularly and i shall keep u updated

we love uuuu <3 i will miss the days where we were so close to each other people thought we were dating :,) then we'd have to remind them im a girl and we were not in fact in a gay relationship

sent me your discordddddd
Yeah, let's stay in touch!

My discord is Minecorp.inc#4319

Twist

Twixted
Twixted
Jan 20, 2018
California
Hey, I didn't really talk to you that much on Cities (except for those times you went to Smol's haha), but I've seen many of your posts on here and all that -- I gotta say, I really appreciated the insight you brought to a variety of issues on the server, and the dedication you showed to the server. You're probably one of the most well-spoken people I've seen on here. Good luck on your future endeavors, and I hope to see you visit Cities again at some point! :)

Last edited:

Minty

Verified
Mintyness
Mintyness
Citizen
Dec 22, 2017
dreamstate
Nooo don't go :( but i agree it's best to leave if you aren't enjoying it anymore. You were truly a great person who wanted the best for the server and had many wonderful ideas. I'll miss you so much and good luck with life <33

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

Death

Mar 18, 2017
I remember you for the brief encounters I had with you. I know I did not know you personally or all too well. I would not say its sad to see another one go but you do make a fair point that the server was not as nice as before. And that only a few older players remain, tho I hope you still find a rainbow in the darkness. You may be leaving but your journey has just begun.