Is the server really dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trump15024

Correction: Deluding themselves into thinking the server isn't dying and hasn't been dying.
The thing is these sources are accurate. Minecraft servers are showing decline even the most popular ones like Hypixel. McCities has 40-50 players dedicated to the server at least playing an hour per day. Constantly saying that people who’s disagree with you and provide information are wrong, are providing fake sources is an attempt to make it seem McCities is the only server having issues.

Reactions: Minty and Laurel

Death

Mar 18, 2017
The thing is these sources are accurate. Minecraft servers are showing decline even the most popular ones like Hypixel. McCities has 40-50 players dedicated to the server at least playing an hour per day. Constantly saying that people who’s disagree with you and provide information are wrong, are providing fake sources is an attempt to make it seem McCities is the only server having issues.
We never said mccities is the only server showing a huge decline, if minecraft shows a decline then mccities will do too, simple as that. So if minecraft is dying the server is dying too. I don’t understand who these people who your talking with disagree etc.. I mean I would totally understand if the only people you ask are your close friends who share the same belief as you but I think that your failing to see the point that more players are willing to voice out compared to these people you say who think the server isn’t dying. The only actual voice I have seen saying it isn’t dying is probably you and lauren. But theres more of us who are actively saying what we know. Jazz turkey tiger trevor remy me pixel, honestly You state these sources of people who disagree with us, one are they active members in the community and actually look into these stuff. Two are they even credible sources. Three you say 40-50 players who play one hour a day. Where in the server has around 120 people who logged on like what you said. So thats less than half so in other words saying by this ratio. Lets pressume for every 12 players who join 5 of them will play for one hour. So if we put that in the situation when there was 300 player a day. By this rough analyzed ratio given a year ago there wiuld be 125 players who would play for an hour and that trend goes to an approximate of 300 meaning it should be around that ratio. Now from this if there are about 50 players who play for one hour a day and a year ago there would be 125, then according to this data, the amount of active players has fallen by 60%. These players of yours who say what we say is false, have they seen the server so active, or has their data only shown a limited amount of research and info which proves?

T

Trump15024

We never said mccities is the only server showing a huge decline, if minecraft shows a decline then mccities will do too, simple as that. So if minecraft is dying the server is dying too. I don’t understand who these people who your talking with disagree etc.. I mean I would totally understand if the only people you ask are your close friends who share the same belief as you but I think that your failing to see the point that more players are willing to voice out compared to these people you say who think the server isn’t dying. The only actual voice I have seen saying it isn’t dying is probably you and lauren. But theres more of us who are actively saying what we know. Jazz turkey tiger trevor remy me pixel, honestly You state these sources of people who disagree with us, one are they active members in the community and actually look into these stuff. Two are they even credible sources. Three you say 40-50 players who play one hour a day. Where in the server has around 120 people who logged on like what you said. So thats less than half so in other words saying by this ratio. Lets pressume for every 12 players who join 5 of them will play for one hour. So if we put that in the situation when there was 300 player a day. By this rough analyzed ratio given a year ago there wiuld be 125 players who would play for an hour and that trend goes to an approximate of 300 meaning it should be around that ratio. Now from this if there are about 50 players who play for one hour a day and a year ago there would be 125, then according to this data, the amount of active players has fallen by 60%. These players of yours who say what we say is false, have they seen the server so active, or has their data only shown a limited amount of research and info which proves?
I am not the one given the figures I am using statistics websites that gives the player times, usernames, and UID’s of players. I don’t listen to Jazz and Remy because I am looking at the numbers with my own eyes and just see McCities adjusting to a lower Minecraft population while keeping an average of 40-50 players who play on the server throughout the day and week at different times of the day

Reactions: Minty
T

Trump15024

Plus I am not the only one who is saying the server is not dead. Many others. The people you are referring to who say the server is dead has a well known personal grudge against @nibble. I look at the facts and if there was something to call out I would but I don’t see that right now.

__Remy

TotallyNotRemy
TotallyNotRemy
Feb 18, 2017
The Titanic
Plus I am not the only one who is saying the server is not dead. Many others. The people you are referring to who say the server is dead has a well known personal grudge against @nibble. I look at the facts and if there was something to call out I would but I don’t see that right now.
I don't have a personal grudge against nibble or any of the staff/owners i'm just pointing out i do not think they're doing enough. Kiri spends most of his time on his other server.

T

Trump15024

I don't have a personal grudge against nibble or any of the staff/owners i'm just pointing out i do not think they're doing enough. Kiri spends most of his time on his other server.
Not sure that Kiri has another server he works on.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Not sure that Kiri has another server he works on.
Lol. Yes he does peacefull farmers. The old abusive staff favored by nibs is jr admin there. Community is small but nicer.

But that aside. I dont get how the server dying is an opinion.... we just say its dying and give ideas and discuss those to improve the server. Idk what kind of updates are given by nibble that you think hes doing a great job. I mean he can most def do better.

T

Trump15024

Lol. Yes he does peacefull farmers. The old abusive staff favored by nibs is jr admin there. Community is small but nicer.

But that aside. I dont get how the server dying is an opinion.... we just say its dying and give ideas and discuss those to improve the server. Idk what kind of updates are given by nibble that you think hes doing a great job. I mean he can most def do better.
After checking he is an owner of another server. That aside it has nothing much to do with McCities if he is capable of running both. The problem is that players don’t like it when they don’t get what they want and then blame it on Kiri/Owners. The only thing the server needs is to keep the players we have now and gradually grow

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
After checking he is an owner of another server. That aside it has nothing much to do with McCities if he is capable of running both. The problem is that players don’t like it when they don’t get what they want and then blame it on Kiri/Owners. The only thing the server needs is to keep the players we have now and gradually grow
Wich is not happening. People lose intrest because of boredom and getting ignored when giving suggestions. What "we" want is more updates to keep the server interesting. But if that is too much to ask sure.

That has something to do with cities btw. Also Im prettry sure the server at some point was a profit. Especially considerung the balance between time put in and money comming out from it.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Wich is not happening. People lose intrest because of boredom and getting ignored when giving suggestions. What "we" want is more updates to keep the server interesting. But if that is too much to ask sure.

That has something to do with cities btw. Also Im prettry sure the server at some point was a profit. Especially considerung the balance between time put in and money comming out from it.

Jabu

MisterColin
MisterColin
Dec 22, 2016
Canada
Recently, lots of players on the server have said that the server is dead etc. All chats are filled with it. I thought I would do some research to put the claim to the test.
View attachment 6252
1) The server is not dead and the smaller amount of players is just because of the school year starting and because minecraft is becoming less popular. As you can see in this graph the server population went down when the school year started.

2) Just yesterday 126 people joined the server in all.
View attachment 6253
3) As you can see in the graph the most populated days are weekends when players are not in school especially Sundays.

Please stop saying the server is dead
Short answer; yes

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
Actually Hypixel has seen a surge in players over the past few months. Siting your sources is one way to gain credibility, which you seem to be refusing to do. I asked you to direct me to the evidence you provided, but instead you are more interested in false accusations to further your own opinion.

T

Trump15024

Actually Hypixel has seen a surge in players over the past few months. Siting your sources is one way to gain credibility, which you seem to be refusing to do. I asked you to direct me to the evidence you provided, but instead you are more interested in false accusations to further your own opinion.
I did cite my sources in the very first page of this thread.

T

Trump15024

Thanks didn't see it, but you are wrong. Those are joins not unique joins. There are not 100 players a day, and theres only a constant 5-16 players. So you are very very wrong.
There were over 40+ players who played more than an hour yesterday.

T

Trump15024

Thanks didn't see it, but you are wrong. Those are joins not unique joins. There are not 100 players a day, and theres only a constant 5-16 players. So you are very very wrong.
Also tbh this discussion has been going on for months and both sides have not found any agreement about the current status of the server.

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
thats my option, and you have yours.
This is not an opinion issue, this is fact. There are less players, hence the server is dying. I still wonder how you think you could qualify for an undergrad at Stanford without basic deductive skills.
There were over 40+ players who played more than an hour yesterday.
Even still, the fact is a decline on total time per player. If someone plays on a server for a month they are more likely to buy a rank, an hour then getting bored is not going to gross any money. You are giving evidence without a comparison.

Reactions: Jabu and Minty

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
This is not an opinion issue, this is fact. There are less players, hence the server is dying. I still wonder how you think you could qualify for an undergrad at Stanford without basic deductive skills.

Even still, the fact is a decline on total time per player. If someone plays on a server for a month they are more likely to buy a rank, an hour then getting bored is not going to gross any money. You are giving evidence without a comparison.
1st of all i dont think i can qualify its just a twisted up deal and i dont even WANT to go there. 2nd of all just stop, im pretty sensitive about this and not rlly in the mood to talk about it. You dont always have to be right, sometimes it just nice to let people be

Reactions: Minty and Powerfull
T

Trump15024

1st of all i dont think i can qualify its just a twisted up deal and i dont even WANT to go there. 2nd of all just stop, im pretty sensitive about this and not rlly in the mood to talk about it. You dont always have to be right, sometimes it just nice to let people be
Laurel that was a real low blow towards you. Just because you disagree with someone does not give them the right to take a hit at you. I am sure you will get in whatever college you want to go to with your wonderful values and if you work hard in school.

Reactions: Minty and Laurel
Status
Not open for further replies.