5. thats all i can think of atm if u have any ideas put them in the comments

Last edited:

jacjerm

Jun 18, 2015
1. buy the server from someone besides shockbyte i recomend server.pro

2. GET SF BACK!

3. for donating donating $10 should get u 500k in game

4. thats all i can think of atm if u have any ideas put them in the comments
Sf is back and I think prohost is good and there should be crates and keys like voting keys and crates

ExportingPotatoes

Minister Of Property
Oct 14, 2015
1. buy the server from someone besides shockbyte i recomend server.pro

2. GET SF BACK!

3. for donating donating $10 should get u 500k in game

4. thats all i can think of atm if u have any ideas put them in the comments
You shouldn't post in announcement section. Wait until this gets moved

Jun 20, 2015
Do you have a spare $200 on a monthly basis if so we can get a dedicated server.
no but...
Multiplayer Server
If you're running on Windows and just want to set up a server easily, download minecraft_server.1.8.8.exe and run it.

If you want to run the server on any other OS or without GUI it's a bit more involved (see this wiki article for a tutorial). First make sure you can use java from the command line. On Linux and Mac OS X this should already be set up but on Windows you might have to tinker with the PATH environment variable. Download and run minecraft_server.1.8.8.jar with java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui.

https://minecraft.net/download

ExportingPotatoes

Minister Of Property
Oct 14, 2015
no but...
Multiplayer Server
If you're running on Windows and just want to set up a server easily, download minecraft_server.1.8.8.exe and run it.

If you want to run the server on any other OS or without GUI it's a bit more involved (see this wiki article for a tutorial). First make sure you can use java from the command line. On Linux and Mac OS X this should already be set up but on Windows you might have to tinker with the PATH environment variable. Download and run minecraft_server.1.8.8.jar with java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui.

Stop acting like you know this stuff... lol

Reactions: jk1119

jk1119

Temp S Minister
Nov 16, 2014
In A Barn Somewhere
www.youtube.com
The issue with that is when the server is DDOSed it affects who evers computer its being hosted on which results in that person not being able to get on... Which in most cases is the owner that leads to the issue of rebooting the server, staff will ask Owner if they can reboot server they won't be able to cause their internet is down. Its a great idea to reduce lag if only your friends can get the on but on a "professional" server by that i mean open to the public it is not the best answer.

G

Ghibli_

no but...
Multiplayer Server

lol, that's the procedure to start a server on YOUR computer , not on a dedicated machine...and it'll be a vanilla server...

Betty1215

Minister Of Architecture
Sep 14, 2014
The problem with starting a server on your computer is that, in order to keep the server on, the computer has to be on and running the server. Therefore, it is not a 24/7 server (aka. not dedicated). At least that is what I know from past experiences.

Jun 20, 2015
well neither is the current server and if someones desktop runs it they can just leave it on
The problem with starting a server on your computer is that, in order to keep the server on, the computer has to be on and running the server. Therefore, it is not a 24/7 server (aka. not dedicated). At least that is what I know from past experiences.

Gunqqer-

Jun 24, 2015
well neither is the current server and if someones desktop runs it they can just leave it on
And they
1. Lose power
2. Lose internet
3. Hit the wrong button
4. Have bad internet
Then ur kinda screwed.
Do you know how intensive running a server is??? Then with a crap ton of plugins? Then if something goes wrong you have to fix it.

Jun 20, 2015
1. Lose power
2. Lose internet
3. Hit the wrong button
4. Have bad internet
Then ur kinda screwed.
Do you know how intensive running a server is??? Then with a crap ton of plugins? Then if something goes wrong you have to fix it.
ok well its better than what they have rn its only up like 3 hours a day

Cupcakes

May 30, 2015
USA
no but...
Multiplayer Server

If you want to run the server on any other OS or without GUI it's a bit more involved (see this wiki article for a tutorial). First make sure you can use java from the command line. On Linux and Mac OS X this should already be set up but on Windows you might have to tinker with the PATH environment variable. Download and run minecraft_server.1.8.8.jar with java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar
minecraft_server.jar nogui.

You obviously copy and paste that xD

If someone leave their computer on it might over-heat which may lead to the black screen of death or whatever it is called..

GOOD NEWS
1. I like the donate add-on idea so more people can donate! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.