More Activities

Apache 207

_Apache
_Apache
Mar 12, 2019
Let me start off by saying this server is very hard for noobs and intermediate players to progress in. Although property hoarding and inflation has been discussed in other posts, my idea is more about adding more things to do within the city. The server could greatly benefit from having an increased number of activities and more people exploring the city itself.

The bank problem:
Currently, it seems like the majority of players spend their time at the bank, either robbing, pvping or talking to their friends. This can become a very toxic place as people strive to increase their k/d and attack helpless players. Not enough players seem to be exploring the city itself as most of the action happens at the bank.

Because the majority (if not all) crime happens at the bank, this causes the police to sit at the bank waiting for something to happen. I have no issue with them doing that, however, I feel like a lot of them have stopped hunting players down (like the old days when it was more fun) because they can just expect something to happen at the bank within minutes.

0E22B790-2489-4BE8-8157-664576CE7259.gif

Yes bank robbery has been re-implemented, however this only draws more people to the bank. Correct me if I’m wrong, but the server almost seems like a pvp server, rather than a city server. I have no hate towards Faheem or any of the staff, however the player-base seems to have morphed the server into a pvp server, due to the limited options that players have. I feel like it could be so much more than that.

Yes, players will set up shops and make Slimefun machines, yet this all seems to revolve back to pvp as they will spend their earnings trying to improve their loadout. I myself, believe all I’m doing is saving up to make weapons and armour in a hope to challenge some of the more competent pvpers.

There is so much of the city which isn’t explored because of the majority of players staying at the bank.

My idea:
By implementing new activities, such as the ability to rob convenient stores littered across the map that you have to find (this could give the player 1-5k for doing so), it would allow for more exploration and could draw people away from the bank.

I know this is a long stretch but what about also removing warps? Players would be forced to explore the city and wouldn’t just be honed into certain areas (like the bank). There could be a city map which you would use to navigate (possibly an online map) and you would have to go to a train station to switch between NewCity and Cayman. We could keep some warps as I’m sure some players wouldn’t like the idea of having to get everywhere themselves. However, these should cost a lot more than $50 and could be seen as a ‘bus journey’.

Going with the no (or limited) warps idea, there could be a new vehicle plugin where players use their money to buy expensive cars rather than just pvp gear. The most expensive car could be something like 1 mil, giving noobs and intermediate players something else to strive for.

Conclusion:
I feel like with more options in the city, it will create an all round better experience for intermediate players and could stop so many new players leaving. It would also give cops a more active role to play as they would be forced to track down players to their houses - like myself and others had to do as cops many years ago.

The main reason I’ve made this post is because I feel like taking a break from the server. There isn’t enough to do and I’m getting very little reward from the tedious gear upgrading grind. What keeps me playing is the players I have connected with and the sheer number of hours I’ve spent on this server (I wouldn’t want them to go to waste).

In conclusion, I think we need more things to do within the city to make the experience more enjoyable. Less focus needs to be put on the bank and more on exploration and city living.

- just an idea, criticise or correct me if you want:D
- also please give some more suggestions for city activities

Last edited:

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
He is literally talking about the fact that the server shouldn't be so pvp based as it is now.
And tbh I agree.
Some of the stuff you mentioned is something we try to work on with the new city btw. Bringing warps closer together and creating more community space.

Reactions: Apache 207

Apache 207

_Apache
_Apache
Mar 12, 2019
ok what you want all pvpers stop because noobies are crying if they die?
have you read the full post? The purpose of the new activities wouldn't be to "stop noobies crying" it would be to give the players more to strive for than just pvp gear... There would still be those who would pvp, however for those that don't want to, more activities would be great. It would also be great if there were more things to strive for and would stop so many people wanting to quit.

EnderPort2

Aug 21, 2018
have you read the full post? The purpose of the new activities wouldn't be to "stop noobies crying" it would be to give the players more to strive for than just pvp gear... There would still be those who would pvp, however for those that don't want to, more activities would be great. It would also be great if there were more things to strive for and would stop so many people wanting to quit.
Exactly. @Faheem_ I propose a new role perhaps minister of events? The goal being to diversify the server. Perhaps we can add minigames, parkour, quests and more plugins?

JacksonRop2442

Minister Of Creative
JacksonRop2442
JacksonRop2442
Jun 21, 2015
Western Australia, Australia
Exactly. @Faheem_ I propose a new role perhaps minister of events? The goal being to diversify the server. Perhaps we can add minigames, parkour, quests and more plugins?
There was previously plans to expand McCities into a bungee server that had a hub, minigames server, creative world/server, Cities as well as more in the future. But for some reason that was delayed/cancelled and I am not sure why or if it will happen in the future.

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

JacksonRop2442

Minister Of Creative
JacksonRop2442
JacksonRop2442
Jun 21, 2015
Western Australia, Australia
I like the idea of fewer warps and a train or bus to get around the city as well as the robbing of stores, It would maybe promote the use of actually using vehicles to get around.
I agree. Another thing that could help would be to bring back the Dynmap. With this you would be able to have a map open as well as being able to navigate your way around the city in a vehicle. At the moment vehicles are just novelty items with no real purpose in my opinion.