new islands

dkjcfarms

Dec 30, 2017
Wishing I was in the mountains
there are islands on this server they are a top priority to people because the real main goal here is to get a island. everyone wants one but will turn them into money making ideas such as plots or apartments. but for the people that want islands just as a get way and a building place. these island should be big but not to big and they cant be used to create plots on them or apartments. so for the people that wanted a island could get one. for as in real estate purposes you cant own two or more of these and expensive enough too not get a group of friends to buy one each for them self's to just sell for double the price and stay one. these should be at least 5 million each this would both make people happy and would also be great to spent off most of this servers money and not let people get to rich.

for purposes make at least 10 to make sure people get some totaling 50 million lost in the servers economy out of the total about 200 million

Optic

lykkee
lykkee
Jan 6, 2017
another server e.e
idontmind.com
This idea was brought up before and regardless of if more islands are regioned, that won’t stop players from possibly reselling that island for more later on. It would just hurt the economy even more. The 5 million is somewhat understandable but on how rare islands are meant to be, we shouldn’t just be regioning them left and right to please the richer. But I understand where you’re coming from.

Reactions: Jabu

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
It wouldnt even put the prices of islands down... just the demand would be a bit lower. I like the idea of community creations on like golden oaks. Your allowed to present your plan and do a bid. Then nibble and other staff can decide how big your region will be and your able to create a community thing like idk a swimmigpool thingy. Xd but its kinda hard to create something fir the rich as so many people are millionaire+

Reactions: Marshmallowsmalk

Jabu

MisterColin
MisterColin
Dec 22, 2016
Canada
Islands are meant to be incredibly rare and only for the insanely rich. 5m is so little for one as well. I bought my island for 6m but it was in incredibly bad shape and had 64 owned plots on it. Asking for more fresh islands would only devalue them and that's not what islands are suppose to be about. There's been people waiting for months for an island to go on sale with their budgets doubling/tripling 5m. Its a good idea in theory but not what the server needs.

T

Trump15024

I think regioning some new islands would be good for the economy. Now to do this the new islands would have to be diverse in size and features etc. Regioning some islands for players who have worked hard for their money will also solve the plot "crisis" as rich players instead of hoarding plots will be working on their islands. These islands don't have to be "plot islands" like Bob, Bunny, and Runnerboro they could be islands with few plots but many things that players can do on the public islands which will allow further trade, communication, and player interaction which will move the economy forward. I think its time we start moving some things into the player's hands ex: some events that could be held by rich players on islands they have worked hard for can encourage players to stay on the server. Right now someone who has let's say 7 million dollars has the same opportunities in front of them as a resident with 50k. I have suggested where players could buy markets, beaches, subways etc for a private/public system so that players can bring new activities to the server. I mean yes when you get millions the only thing you can really do is buy big plots that are overpriced hurting the economy even more. I am saying that there should be a consideration on some of these ideas to add some key new diverse islands or new ways players can enjoy their money they worked hard for. Now people are saying that regioning even 1 new island will lower the price of islands. I am here to say that will not happen regioning a few islands will actually increase the price of islands because players who see these islands and what you can do with them they will want one and will offer very high to get one.

Reactions: Powerfull

Jabu

MisterColin
MisterColin
Dec 22, 2016
Canada
I think regioning some new islands would be good for the economy. Now to do this the new islands would have to be diverse in size and features etc. Regioning some islands for players who have worked hard for their money will also solve the plot "crisis" as rich players instead of hoarding plots will be working on their islands. These islands don't have to be "plot islands" like Bob, Bunny, and Runnerboro they could be islands with few plots but many things that players can do on the public islands which will allow further trade, communication, and player interaction which will move the economy forward. I think its time we start moving some things into the player's hands ex: some events that could be held by rich players on islands they have worked hard for can encourage players to stay on the server. Right now someone who has let's say 7 million dollars has the same opportunities in front of them as a resident with 50k. I have suggested where players could buy markets, beaches, subways etc for a private/public system so that players can bring new activities to the server. I mean yes when you get millions the only thing you can really do is buy big plots that are overpriced hurting the economy even more. I am saying that there should be a consideration on some of these ideas to add some key new diverse islands or new ways players can enjoy their money they worked hard for. Now people are saying that regioning even 1 new island will lower the price of islands. I am here to say that will not happen regioning a few islands will actually increase the price of islands because players who see these islands and what you can do with them they will want one and will offer very high to get one.
tbh it wont really help the eco. Nowadays players exploit literally every penny they can out of a plot when reselling it, unlike back when cayman was first released. If new plots are regioned on islands will be bought resold for more continually until its around x2-x3 what it was originally bought for. Then some plot hoarder will get their hands on it, then we'll be back to the drawing board with more islands being suggested to cater to this. I think that instead of adding more plots will only make the eco worse. Instead of adding more islands/plots which will make it worse, we could have different ways to stop hoarding and overpriced plots. 1. Weekly Taxes; lets just say like 5% of peoples bank and /bal combined. 2. Max price for plots; staff should set a max price for plots to be sold that would be reasonable for what the plot is/offers. Rule against bypassing plot limit; Many plot hoarders literally have alts to bypass the plot limit. I know for a fact I can think of two people with that, one alt only having literally 30 minutes of playing time with 15 plots. Not going to say any names though. This is how to solve the plot crisis, Not more islands.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
tbh it wont really help the eco. Nowadays players exploit literally every penny they can out of a plot when reselling it, unlike back when cayman was first released. If new plots are regioned on islands will be bought resold for more continually until its around x2-x3 what it was originally bought for. Then some plot hoarder will get their hands on it, then we'll be back to the drawing board with more islands being suggested to cater to this. I think that instead of adding more plots will only make the eco worse. Instead of adding more islands/plots which will make it worse, we could have different ways to stop hoarding and overpriced plots. 1. Weekly Taxes; lets just say like 5% of peoples bank and /bal combined. 2. Max price for plots; staff should set a max price for plots to be sold that would be reasonable for what the plot is/offers. Rule against bypassing plot limit; Many plot hoarders literally have alts to bypass the plot limit. I know for a fact I can think of two people with that, one alt only having literally 30 minutes of playing time with 15 plots. Not going to say any names though. This is how to solve the plot crisis, Not more islands.
I think that’s me the hoarder, cause my alt has 15 but not 30minutes of play time, but it has a few hours. Not gonna judge tho, I’m not really offended if people wanna name me out it’s totally fine for me. But if I were tbh ik a lot more players who bypass plot limit, like they have around 40 ish or more but they aren’t too exposed about their alts, like they keep it more private. I think I’d agree with the weekly taxes as I remembered before heather has some sort of 5% monthly tax from your bal but like again people who keep their money in money form lose more from this as they would pay more. Maybe have some sort of limit to how much tax can be payed weekly to not affect the uber rich too much. I wouldn’t consider myself near that as I just have a few hundred thousands but for the concern of those in higher ranking, it would likely take 200k+ from them weekly if you have somewhere like 15mil up like fvhn or sundae. Maybe some weekly limit, as players such as me would rather have their money in plot form would keep it like that to have less weekly tax. It would technically be too much for staff to do that. But like what ironfist suggested in some previous thread, it’s to make realtor a better job where it should have an application etc... and it should let players more experienced in the market to help be a realtor instead of having a test in /warp university which literally is basic stuff which doesn’t make a player a real estate agent. Yeah well it doesn’t seem real if a player can just buy the answers and the answers are way too basic to put realtor as someone reliable. Maybe there could be another job that requires application and a minister for its department to handle that. For the last one I have to agree to an extent as yeah the plot limit gets me pretty annoyed at times and as much as I hate to say the market for plots is pretty dead atm. I remembered trying to sell a nice beach home for 600k it was big ish and had a really good build but some people were leaning towards buying it but we’re pretty broke. The thing is people just sell they’re plots for really high, I remember those semi 8x8 houses near /warp city behind the skyscraper area. If I’m correct those use to sell for around 10k and tops would be 20-25k. Now I hear of some players feeling so accomplished spending 100k on one....... And I end up telling them it’s actual value. Inflation probs raised by x5 its value for some areas. Even islands value raised by so much, I remember purchasing undeadland from pixel and some players were even willing to back out. And I spent 4mil for it, now islands are being bought at like 10mil+. I honestly don’t have any really good way that would totally stop inflation from rising without it having a big effect on people who prefer they’re wealth in money or in cash. For example if the plot market was that bad, players with lots of plots would have a hard time selling they’re plots for its equivalent value or sell it for even some or the profit they expect out of it. And for those with a lot of money, with taxes being imposed on them, they have a harder time keeping they’re wealth in cash form as the more money they have, the more taxes they need to pay.

Reactions: Powerfull and Jabu

Death

Mar 18, 2017
I think that’s me the hoarder, cause my alt has 15 but not 30minutes of play time, but it has a few hours. Not gonna judge tho, I’m not really offended if people wanna name me out it’s totally fine for me. But if I were tbh ik a lot more players who bypass plot limit, like they have around 40 ish or more but they aren’t too exposed about their alts, like they keep it more private. I think I’d agree with the weekly taxes as I remembered before heather has some sort of 5% monthly tax from your bal but like again people who keep their money in money form lose more from this as they would pay more. Maybe have some sort of limit to how much tax can be payed weekly to not affect the uber rich too much. I wouldn’t consider myself near that as I just have a few hundred thousands but for the concern of those in higher ranking, it would likely take 200k+ from them weekly if you have somewhere like 15mil up like fvhn or sundae. Maybe some weekly limit, as players such as me would rather have their money in plot form would keep it like that to have less weekly tax. It would technically be too much for staff to do that. But like what ironfist suggested in some previous thread, it’s to make realtor a better job where it should have an application etc... and it should let players more experienced in the market to help be a realtor instead of having a test in /warp university which literally is basic stuff which doesn’t make a player a real estate agent. Yeah well it doesn’t seem real if a player can just buy the answers and the answers are way too basic to put realtor as someone reliable. Maybe there could be another job that requires application and a minister for its department to handle that. For the last one I have to agree to an extent as yeah the plot limit gets me pretty annoyed at times and as much as I hate to say the market for plots is pretty dead atm. I remembered trying to sell a nice beach home for 600k it was big ish and had a really good build but some people were leaning towards buying it but we’re pretty broke. The thing is people just sell they’re plots for really high, I remember those semi 8x8 houses near /warp city behind the skyscraper area. If I’m correct those use to sell for around 10k and tops would be 20-25k. Now I hear of some players feeling so accomplished spending 100k on one....... And I end up telling them it’s actual value. Inflation probs raised by x5 its value for some areas. Even islands value raised by so much, I remember purchasing undeadland from pixel and some players were even willing to back out. And I spent 4mil for it, now islands are being bought at like 10mil+. I honestly don’t have any really good way that would totally stop inflation from rising without it having a big effect on people who prefer they’re wealth in money or in cash. For example if the plot market was that bad, players with lots of plots would have a hard time selling they’re plots for its equivalent value or sell it for even some or the profit they expect out of it. And for those with a lot of money, with taxes being imposed on them, they have a harder time keeping they’re wealth in cash form as the more money they have, the more taxes they need to pay.
Uhh yeah don’t complain I forget those paragraphs so kill your eyes and read it ;)

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
People hoarding are actually the problem most of them bought then for 5x lower then the value atm. If they put their plots on resale slowly they would push down the prices of other regions.

Also nobody here goes to buy a house and says: i bid or I think its worth. I sell a nice house and even say you can negotaite the price but they still are like. Nah its too overpriced. That exact thought is why the market is bad.

There should be a reload of /as resale every 2 weeks houses go back into sold mode. This way narket resets. Also island owners should be able to freeze the market by adding a resell cooldown like 2 days. This way the inflstion goes down.

But tbh inflation isnt a problem. You can earn 100k as a starter. You can make 300k a day and you can earn millions a month. The problem is so many people make money and want to buy something. But they cant.

My solution isnt very specific but it should be a different aspect of the server. Like how on a kingdom server you can get a wand or something.
I am thinking if something city related. The community regions were very good. Islands are endgame but should be kept rare. Maybe more mansions. Those are also wanted. Just set a price. No bidding or anything. Just releasing empty mansion regions. Also maybe a new pl with new sorts of items make them super rare. Maybe like buying an unlimited supply of scrolls for a high price. Idk just some random ideas but you get me :)

Reactions: Powerfull

Jabu

MisterColin
MisterColin
Dec 22, 2016
Canada
People hoarding are actually the problem most of them bought then for 5x lower then the value atm. If they put their plots on resale slowly they would push down the prices of other regions.

Also nobody here goes to buy a house and says: i bid or I think its worth. I sell a nice house and even say you can negotaite the price but they still are like. Nah its too overpriced. That exact thought is why the market is bad.

There should be a reload of /as resale every 2 weeks houses go back into sold mode. This way narket resets. Also island owners should be able to freeze the market by adding a resell cooldown like 2 days. This way the inflstion goes down.

But tbh inflation isnt a problem. You can earn 100k as a starter. You can make 300k a day and you can earn millions a month. The problem is so many people make money and want to buy something. But they cant.

My solution isnt very specific but it should be a different aspect of the server. Like how on a kingdom server you can get a wand or something.
I am thinking if something city related. The community regions were very good. Islands are endgame but should be kept rare. Maybe more mansions. Those are also wanted. Just set a price. No bidding or anything. Just releasing empty mansion regions. Also maybe a new pl with new sorts of items make them super rare. Maybe like buying an unlimited supply of scrolls for a high price. Idk just some random ideas but you get me :)
I suggest 1 months not two weeks. Some vacations can last 2 weeks and its unfair to people who are on vacation and cant get on.