New Role

Death

Mar 18, 2017
In case of you don't know me, I'm not a snobby person, I wouldn't be posting this if I didn't love Cities. I donated to show my support of it, And I don't go bragging "Oh I'm so rich bow down before me." Its just a Suggestion. Don't take it the wrong way @Jabu
He isn't wrong, no player actually "donates" in a sense they give it from the heart not expecting rewards or perks in the end. Its just called a "donation shop" but, people actually "buy" for the perks. I'm sure less than 10% who payed in that shop actually "donated" out of free will, not wanting rewards or perks. People use their money to buy those ranks to look better, to give them a boost in game etc.... I dont think it takes 3 seconds to notice everything your paying is not donating, rather its buying.

Now lets take a look at the dictionary

Donation
: the act or an instance of donating: such as
a : the making of a gift especially to a charity or public institution
b : a free contribution : gift

So let's see, does it fall under "a", its not a gift, and its not to charity either. Still No
Is it a free contribution, meaning you do it for free, free in a sense giving it out of free will not expecting a reward? No
Is it a gift to the server? No

So back to it again, did you actually donate to the server out of free will, or did you buy perks from the server?

Reactions: ItzJazzMade