Votes: 3 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 31 91.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trump15024

I would like to propose a idea to remove the drug plugin. The first reason is that drugs are not really a good thing in life. They are killing millions of people in the world today. I don't think we should encourage people especially younger children to think drugs are "cool". The second reason is drugs in game are not worth that much money and you don't get any money and you just get arrested. I have added a poll

Reactions: Powerfull

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
I would like to propose a idea to remove the drug plugin. The first reason is that drugs are not really a good thing in life. They are killing millions of people in the world today. I don't think we should encourage people especially younger children to think drugs are "cool". The second reason is drugs in game are not worth that much money and you don't get any money and you just get arrested. I have added a poll
agreed. This doesn't show people the right message, and they are used way too widely. I hope we can get rid of them

Reactions: Trump15024

Leroymooshoo312

Jul 12, 2017
under my covers. Lemme alone
ummmm... 1. I don't think drugs are cool, and I'm not encouraged by this server to use them 2. if you put them on ah ppl don't see how much there worth or whos selling them, so you can make a lot of money off of them. I got 30k for like 13 once

T

Trump15024

ummmm... 1. I don't think drugs are cool, and I'm not encouraged by this server to use them 2. if you put them on ah ppl don't see how much there worth or whos selling them, so you can make a lot of money off of them. I got 30k for like 13 once
That's called scamming

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
Sorry @Gabriel, you're wrong. Marijuana is pretty much harmless to anyone above the age of 26 because their brain has stopped developing [source] at that point and overdoses are less common than you think; the number of opioid overdoses that resulted in death in 2015 was only 33,000 [source] and the opioid crisis is because of prescription drug companies over prescribing them. Now guess what? Heroin, Fentanil, Oxycontin or any other opioids are NOT in the game.
Now heres a chart of cocaine deaths:

This is not many at all; for comparison 88,000 people died from alcoholism each year from 2006-2010 [source]
Sorry kid, but your numbers don't hold up.

Leroymooshoo312

Jul 12, 2017
under my covers. Lemme alone
Sorry @Gabriel, you're wrong. Marijuana is pretty much harmless to anyone above the age of 26 because their brain has stopped developing at that point and overdoses are less common than you think; the number of opioid overdoses that resulted in death in 2015 was only 33,000 and the opioid crisis is because of prescription drug companies over prescribing them. Now guess what? Heroin, Fentanil, Oxycontin or any other opioids are NOT in the game.
Now heres a chart of cocaine deaths:

This is not many at all; for comparison 88,000 people died from alcoholism each year from 2006-2010
Sorry kid, but your numbers don't hold up.
Ik ive been trying to support drugs STAYING on the server, but irl, that many is 33k to many

T

Trump15024

Those are from drugs that aren't even on the server. Less than 8,000 are.
According to the National Center for Health Statistics, estimates for the first nine months of 2016 were higher than the first nine months of the previous year, which had already reached an all-time high of 52,404. Of those, more than 33,000 were attributed to opioid drugs including legal prescription painkillers as well as illicit drugs like heroin and street fentanyl. Giving facts from 2015 doesn't show the larger issue we are dealing with.

The United States accounts for approximately one-quarter of the estimated number of drug-related deaths worldwide, including overdose deaths, which continue to rise. Mostly driven by opioids, overdose deaths in the United States more than tripled during the period 1999-2015, from 16,849 to 52,404 annually.

Source: The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) ‘2017 World Drug Report’.
www.unodc.org/wdr2017/field/Booklet_1_EXSUM.pdf

If we have some drugs on here that is supporting drugs in real life that kill people.

Short-Term Effects of Marijuana:

• altered senses (for example, seeing brighter colors)
  • altered sense of time
  • changes in mood
  • impaired body movement
  • difficulty with thinking and problem-solving
  • impaired memory
  • hallucinations (when taken in high doses)
  • delusions (when taken in high doses)
  • psychosis (when taken in high doses
  • Breathing problems. Marijuana smoke irritates the lungs, and people who smoke marijuana frequently can have the same breathing problems as those who smoke tobacco. These problems include a daily cough and phlegm, more frequent lung illness, and a higher risk of lung infections. Researchers so far haven't found a higher risk for lung cancer in people who smoke marijuana.8
  • Increased heart rate. Marijuana raises heart rate for up to 3 hours after smoking. This effect may increase the chance of heart attack. Older people and those with heart problems may be at higher risk.
I think that one death from any type of drug that can cause death the server should not support.

Source: https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana

Also tiger showing information from 2 years ago is not accurate as this problem got more serious in 2016-2017

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
According to the National Center for Health Statistics, estimates for the first nine months of 2016 were higher than the first nine months of the previous year, which had already reached an all-time high of 52,404. Of those, more than 33,000 were attributed to opioid drugs including legal prescription painkillers as well as illicit drugs like heroin and street fentanyl. Giving facts from 2015 doesn't show the larger issue we are dealing with.

The United States accounts for approximately one-quarter of the estimated number of drug-related deaths worldwide, including overdose deaths, which continue to rise. Mostly driven by opioids, overdose deaths in the United States more than tripled during the period 1999-2015, from 16,849 to 52,404 annually.

Source: The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) ‘2017 World Drug Report’.

If we have some drugs on here that is supporting drugs in real life that kill people.

• altered sense of time
  • changes in mood
  • impaired body movement
  • impaired memory
  • Breathing problems. Marijuana smoke irritates the lungs, and people who smoke marijuana frequently can have the same breathing problems as those who smoke tobacco. These problems include a daily cough and phlegm, more frequent lung illness, and a higher risk of lung infections. Researchers so far haven't found a higher risk for lung cancer in people who smoke marijuana.8
  • Increased heart rate. Marijuana raises heart rate for up to 3 hours after smoking. This effect may increase the chance of heart attack. Older people and those with heart problems may be at higher risk.
I think that one death from any type of drug that can cause death the server should not support.

Also tiger showing information from 2 years ago is not accurate as this problem got more serious in 2016-2017
Opioids are not on the server so your statistics are unapplicable; I brought them up because you were most likely referencing them as the source of these "millions of deaths." Those are Short-Term effects; its almost impossible to overdose on marijuana and die. Plus "Breathing Problems" are only from smoking it, there are plenty of other ways to consume cannabis.

T

Trump15024

Opioids are not on the server so your statistics are unapplicable; I brought them up because you were most likely referencing them as the source of these "millions of deaths." Those are Short-Term effects; its almost impossible to overdose on marijuana and die. Plus "Breathing Problems" are only from smoking it, there are plenty of other ways to consume cannabis.
Lots of lives have been lost and any drug that has killed even 1 person shouldn't be endorsed by the server.

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
Dear, dear, dear. In no way do I think that I personally (or other players) would have felt that the server encouraged drugs. It is an rp aspect and enhances PvP, sort of like some sf things in game. There has been this plugin on here for ages, and no problems have shown up. Adding to Tiger's statistics- if you are going off of what you learned in school or something like that it is to discourage drug usage. Yes, there are problems and this is a debatable topic, but I don't think that the server is "endorsing drugs." Maybe you should add a poll asking if players feel pressured to use drugs based on the server or that the server is endorsing them.

T

Trump15024

Dear, dear, dear. In no way do I think that I personally (or other players) would have felt that the server encouraged drugs. It is an rp aspect and enhances PvP, sort of like some sf things in game. There has been this plugin on here for ages, and no problems have shown up. Adding to Tiger's statistics- if you are going off of what you learned in school or something like that it is to discourage drug usage. Yes, there are problems and this is a debatable topic, but I don't think that the server is "endorsing drugs." Maybe you should add a poll asking if players feel pressured to use drugs based on the server or that the server is endorsing them.
Thanks for commenting. What I am saying is that Minecraft is a game and when we have things like cocaine in game that we use to play and etc it's like saying hey I am playing in game with Cocaine and it's awesome but the same thing actually in real life is killing people that is just my opinion on it. Maybe we could get rid of the drugs in game with like real in life drug names and keep things like magic sugar since magic sugar is an artificial sweetener lol

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away

• altered sense of time
  • changes in mood
  • impaired body movement
  • impaired memory

PS- Data from 2015 is still very much applicable to today in 2017. No drastic changes in data from then to now have occurred whatsoever, and no laws have been passed that would change this.

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
Lots of lives have been lost and any drug that has killed even 1 person shouldn't be endorsed by the server.
How about alcohol? It seems to me that you want to get rid of things that have caused death, so I compiled a list. For non-drugs, how about bows, swords, guns, pickaxes (yes, pickaxe), axes, boats, fire, the disease plugin, oceans/rivers/lakes/literally any water, and wolves? The point is, Minecraft makes death seem like a natural occurrence, with all the weapons and the pvp they encourage. I see at least twenty death messages every single day.

I think we all know that going around swinging swords in real life is a bad thing to do, and we all know that doing drugs in real life is bad too.

T

Trump15024

How about alcohol? It seems to me that you want to get rid of things that have caused death, so I compiled a list. For non-drugs, how about bows, swords, guns, pickaxes (yes, pickaxe), axes, boats, fire, the disease plugin, oceans/rivers/lakes/literally any water, and wolves? The point is, Minecraft makes death seem like a natural occurrence, with all the weapons and the pvp they encourage. I see at least twenty death messages every single day.

I think we all know that going around swinging swords in real life is a bad thing to do, and we all know that doing drugs in real life is bad too.
Yeah, I agree but drug overdoses are a huge current problem today just days ago US President Donald Trump declared the opioid crisis a public health emergency he dident declare a national emergency on wolves or axes. We have the right in the United States to have guns for protection (with a permit). Yes, we get sick so why even bring up the disease plugin? This is self-harm when you take drugs not getting attacked by a wolf?

Last edited by a moderator:

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
I gave a list of items that cause death. There aren't any opioids in McCities (except steroids, I guess) and they don't cause death in-game. Do you propose that alcohol is removed, too? It's a drug and it has caused death in real life.

T

Trump15024

I gave a list of items that cause death. There aren't any opioids in McCities (except steroids, I guess) and they don't cause death in-game. Do you propose that alcohol is removed, too? It's a drug and it has caused death in real life.
I have said that we need to re-name the drugs to something that doesn't relate overdoses death etc and even giving these drugs attention. For example, Magic sugar in game is considrered a drug but in real life it's an artificial sweetener. That's what I am talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.