Phones

Bellaa

papajohn58
papajohn58
Aug 26, 2017
Omg That would be so cool if there were phones! i don't think you should have to buy a phone number but defiantly for it to have calling and texting wold definitely make it a super cool feature! i think that would be a awesome feature!! Good Idea :3
{Edit} I've been on a server where there were phones and you could call people it was super fun and cooll!! i loved it!

SirKosmo

SirKosmo
SirKosmo
Dec 22, 2017
Texas
No the tutorial being redone isnt JUST for a phone. That needs to happen regardless of anything else.

Ena

Verified
eeena
eeena
Citizen
Nov 5, 2017
TikTok
Why not use the phone to replace /mail which is one of the most annoying commands. Plus as a city rp why do we want commands? If we could intigrate commands into items itd give more of a rp to everything. A phone could use /find for realtors, /mail for everyone (rp texts or emails), access the bank or view balances to replace /bal /bank, and so on. I think the less / commands we use, the more items can take their place, would add value to the economy and usefulness to rp
NO /mail is the best @Optic heh

Minty

Verified
Mintyness
Mintyness
Citizen
Dec 22, 2017
dreamstate
I kinda agree with both sides: on one side i think phones will be great for the city cuz duh its a city and a city needs tech but on the other side phones would disrupt the command mechanism which players have worked with since they came here

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

SirKosmo

SirKosmo
SirKosmo
Dec 22, 2017
Texas
I kinda agree with both sides: on one side i think phones will be great for the city cuz duh its a city and a city needs tech but on the other side phones would disrupt the command mechanism which players have worked with since they came here
We let go of /find for realtor use. I believe alot of complaints are because people are simply used to the quick commands and refuse to give a new idea to remove un-rp shortcuts

Death

Mar 18, 2017
We let go of /find for realtor use. I believe alot of complaints are because people are simply used to the quick commands and refuse to give a new idea to remove un-rp shortcuts
We’re trying to keep things simple, it’s a game and we don’t need all these fancy gadgets if it’s intention is to make us more uncomfortable playing the game. McCities won’t gain any players like these if your trying to make everything fricking harder. We don’t need to take off any commands, nearly every server has /msg and the ones ik off who took of /msg for phones instead are horrible af and have a dead community. When I first played on that server I was confused and didn’t know how to chat and I got lost and quit eventually cause it was way too confusing. If you know /msg is a universal command and is found in nearly all the servers, even big ones like hypixel. /msg allows a player to freely give a private msg to someone and it’s been universally known, and players use that to ask for help at times. So taking off these commands for some fancy useless toys wont help anyone, newbies will be more confused, players from the past who wish to come back will have a harder time getting used to it. Regular players will have a hard time getting use to the command and will make their first few days using it miserable. Its not helping anyone in general and the only point i see this is for luxury in trade for player discomfort. What a good trade that is, so please stop being self-centered, I’ve heard enough comments and most of them don’t like it if it will make it harder to play or it’s useless in general, and those who agreed said that it will make things harder but the phone idea is cool. It is indeed cool but trading it for player discomfort isn’t worth it. The staff team should provide the players the best that they can give and making the game commands more complicated to use isn’t one of them.

T

Trump15024

We’re trying to keep things simple, it’s a game and we don’t need all these fancy gadgets if it’s intention is to make us more uncomfortable playing the game. McCities won’t gain any players like these if your trying to make everything fricking harder. We don’t need to take off any commands, nearly every server has /msg and the ones ik off who took of /msg for phones instead are horrible af and have a dead community. When I first played on that server I was confused and didn’t know how to chat and I got lost and quit eventually cause it was way too confusing. If you know /msg is a universal command and is found in nearly all the servers, even big ones like hypixel. /msg allows a player to freely give a private msg to someone and it’s been universally known, and players use that to ask for help at times. So taking off these commands for some fancy useless toys wont help anyone, newbies will be more confused, players from the past who wish to come back will have a harder time getting used to it. Regular players will have a hard time getting use to the command and will make their first few days using it miserable. Its not helping anyone in general and the only point i see this is for luxury in trade for player discomfort. What a good trade that is, so please stop being self-centered, I’ve heard enough comments and most of them don’t like it if it will make it harder to play or it’s useless in general, and those who agreed said that it will make things harder but the phone idea is cool. It is indeed cool but trading it for player discomfort isn’t worth it. The staff team should provide the players the best that they can give and making the game commands more complicated to use isn’t one of them.
McCities will get more players if we add more unique things. The theory or the idea that keeping everything the same to accommodate the lack of people willing to try to new things will greatly hurt the server in ways such as more players etc.

Reactions: Minty

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
McCities will get more players if we add more unique things. The theory or the idea that keeping everything the same to accommodate the lack of people willing to try to new things will greatly hurt the server in ways such as more players etc.
He said we must not make it more complicated. More new things are allowed! Just nit replacing stuff we alresdy have.

I would really like an gps to get a map of the area. (Only in city) it could also have the warps marked on it and could be used for treasure hunts :) this thing adds somrthing doesnt mske it more complex just takes time to find out about it ;)

Reactions: Minty and Death

Death

Mar 18, 2017
I suggested a couple of ideas and the phone idea is great, but sirkosmo wants the phone to replace some of the commands we use such as /msg, I agree it is a good idea and I have suggestions for some features but I do not agree with sirkosmos point of using the phone instead of commands.

Reactions: Minty

SirKosmo

SirKosmo
SirKosmo
Dec 22, 2017
Texas
Then lets replace the name of phone with something of the more tool-oriented instead of communication based.. like a tablet! lol

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Then lets replace the name of phone with something of the more tool-oriented instead of communication based.. like a tablet! lol
That’s not what I meant to say I’m just saying replacing commands isn’t good but ok?

Leroymooshoo312

Jul 12, 2017
under my covers. Lemme alone
As vice president of staff and communication of Apple, I may mark my opinion, that phones would be very annoying and unmanageable. If anything, there should be computers. Computers could function to find properties for sale without realtor, would be able to draw pictures on, order items, get help, look up updates, and possibly see the history of disabled sf items.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
As vice president of staff and communication of Apple, I may mark my opinion, that phones would be very annoying and unmanageable. If anything, there should be computers. Computers could function to find properties for sale without realtor, would be able to draw pictures on, order items, get help, look up updates, and possibly see the history of disabled sf items.
You know, it’s good players are giving suggestions but it’s not as easy for staff to figure out how, or what you mean by this. How do u plan to put together a computer item? Will it be portable or what? When you right click, what does it show a hot bar GUI? If computers were used to find properties without realtors, why make that job even exist, I remember when /find wasn’t a thing and I’d got to move my lazy butt to look for a plot and it would be satisfying. Tbh I learned so much about each island and majority of the plots in city cause I bothered to explore it. How would you order items and from where? Why would you draw pictures and how? The get help part dosent make sense that much as it’s literally making another forums for questions, when we already have one question thread on a mobile site. Slimefun isn’t made by staff or the owners, and slimefun is being updated nearly everyday, that’s why there are special stuff for Christmas, etc... So the list of stuff disabled or blocked is a lot, like I mean a ton. The slimefun that is enabled is probs a bit more than half but there are really a lot disabled. Owners of servers, can disable the sf items they don’t want to be used so yeah.

Acer

Bpacer
Bpacer
Mar 4, 2018
Everybody's thoughts are amazing, and I agree with everyone! :D Who knew Phones could be a thing in McCities if they come out, If only there's a plugin for that? :O

Reactions: Trump15024

Leroymooshoo312

Jul 12, 2017
under my covers. Lemme alone
You know, it’s good players are giving suggestions but it’s not as easy for staff to figure out how, or what you mean by this. How do u plan to put together a computer item? Will it be portable or what? When you right click, what does it show a hot bar GUI? If computers were used to find properties without realtors, why make that job even exist, I remember when /find wasn’t a thing and I’d got to move my lazy butt to look for a plot and it would be satisfying. Tbh I learned so much about each island and majority of the plots in city cause I bothered to explore it. How would you order items and from where? Why would you draw pictures and how? The get help part dosent make sense that much as it’s literally making another forums for questions, when we already have one question thread on a mobile site. Slimefun isn’t made by staff or the owners, and slimefun is being updated nearly everyday, that’s why there are special stuff for Christmas, etc... So the list of stuff disabled or blocked is a lot, like I mean a ton. The slimefun that is enabled is probs a bit more than half but there are really a lot disabled. Owners of servers, can disable the sf items they don’t want to be used so yeah.
Itd be a placeable block, and would have a bunch of buttons to do different stuff. (Ordering a package would be cool; have it delivered to your choice place in a locked chest on your property for cheaper than normal but takes time to deliver)You could even have an email account to save progress of properties you've sold and bought. Also, you could save mail that yould like to get rid of cause it pops up while msging, and save it in the cloud for later.

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
I have a suggestion to add phones and phone numbers. I think it would be really cool if @nibble created phones basically it would be like the smart watch but with more features. There would be a system where people/business etc will be able to purchase a phone number to call etc. But this would not replace /msg because it will be up to the players to buy the phones. I think this is really cool and could add new roleplay to the server. There could even be a key pad or something and you could call 911 which the police would get your location if you need them :D.
Sounds like a great idea..... and very addicting xD