Player Toxicity (Friendly Reminder)

Death

Mar 18, 2017
So most of you know, even if McCities player base isn’t that big, there are a lot of toxic players on here. Ok so I see a lot of players are trying to help by telling them to be nice don’t curse etc...

But recently, a player was being aggressive in chat, and multiple players called the person out, (including me) and told him to be quiet, be toxic somewhere else, etc...

So I get that players are trying to help fix the situation, but calling a player out multiple times by different players, singles the person out. It makes them more aggressive, makes him feel people hate him and don’t want him. Ok yeah sure he may be aggressive but, keep pushing him away and cornering him won’t do anything good, besides provoking the player to be more aggressive as he feels pushed away.

I just want to say, if you see a player being rude or aggressive in chat, calling them out is ok, but please when you see one or 2 players do it, that’s enough you don’t need to all gang up on the player calling him out multiple times. Instead of making the situation better, you may not know but your making it worse by fueling his anger.

This is just a friendly reminder as I think most of us forgot that we should be open to this and things like this really happen, but we have to confront it properly.

I think if a staff is online and not afk, yea sure you want to help the staff but I remember a staff told me, that we don’t got to tell them since a staff is already on, I think I get the message now that sometimes trying to help can make the situations worse.

Again Just Another Friendly Reminder, sorry if this may point out some players, I don’t mean to.

LeanneTheUnicorn

SnowWhiteee
SnowWhiteee
Feb 18, 2017
TeaLand
So most of you know, even if McCities player base isn’t that big, there are a lot of toxic players on here. Ok so I see a lot of players are trying to help by telling them to be nice don’t curse etc...

But recently, a player was being aggressive in chat, and multiple players called the person out, (including me) and told him to be quiet, be toxic somewhere else, etc...

So I get that players are trying to help fix the situation, but calling a player out multiple times by different players, singles the person out. It makes them more aggressive, makes him feel people hate him and don’t want him. Ok yeah sure he may be aggressive but, keep pushing him away and cornering him won’t do anything good, besides provoking the player to be more aggressive as he feels pushed away.

I just want to say, if you see a player being rude or aggressive in chat, calling them out is ok, but please when you see one or 2 players do it, that’s enough you don’t need to all gang up on the player calling him out multiple times. Instead of making the situation better, you may not know but your making it worse by fueling his anger.

This is just a friendly reminder as I think most of us forgot that we should be open to this and things like this really happen, but we have to confront it properly.

I think if a staff is online and not afk, yea sure you want to help the staff but I remember a staff told me, that we don’t got to tell them since a staff is already on, I think I get the message now that sometimes trying to help can make the situations worse.

Again Just Another Friendly Reminder, sorry if this may point out some players, I don’t mean to.
Well said

Reactions: Minty and Powerfull

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
As this is already a game. Try to be funny. Make the toxic player realise he's doing it all for no reason and he can better laugh. I mean its not a tactic for a helper but if someone is being toxic actually just ask him how he's doing and some other smalltalk. It worked well for me many times and makes them enjoy the server a bit too! Ofcourse there lines but after all you cant do anything about it if your not staff and you would just have to accept and ignore. Its the best and sometimes simplest but hardest too.

Just my thougths and well said death!

Reactions: Minty and Powerfull
T

Trump15024

1. Great reminder, I have seen someone, for example, breaking rules or something and players actually nice and non-toxic continue to make them mad and stuff by the stuff you mentioned.

2. I think players should somehow be reminded in game on how to report players who are breaking rules so rules can be enforced

3. Also, there is a /report command in game but I don't think it is "active" atm. Maybe @nibble could make that a working command and you do /report (player) (reason) so staff in game if not aware what is going on gets some kind of notification.

Popcorn

thqughtt
thqughtt
Dec 28, 2017
A wonderfully stated reminder! I've seen that happen multiple times. Maybe they could even be going through a rough time in their life and just need someone to talk to. In this generation of people...we are very moody and all view things differently. I few friends that'll help us out is enough to get us through. If they continue to be toxic, then I would just suggest to not say anything anymore and just leave them alone. Maybe send them something nice in their mail one day like an encouraging message or something. #randomactsofkindness

This server I believe could change its attitude so much my being generous and kind to one another.

(I'm so sorry I got carried away like always)
-Autumn (caramelpopcorn)

Uni

Apr 8, 2017
narnia

Raise your hand if you’ve actually ganged up on someone *raises hand*. This is an amazing reminder, the people banging up on he/she might not realize the pressure on that player. Even though that child might act crazy, think of @LilyshasaVan- I mean, he/she is still specified as human, unless he’s some legitimately genius dog out of 1 of millions of people. I get so caught up on trying to show someone that they’re doing it wrong, I lose my focus and can’t how it feels to be that person getting hovered over.