Possibly leaving

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
To the wonderful players of McCities, I would like to first extend my thanks to you. You have made my day, every day and will always be remembered fondly.

Throughout my time as a player of Minecraft, I have experienced many things. Since I first downloaded the demo in 2012, the game has had a profound influence on me. The subtle beauty, diverse fanbase and incredible uniqueness have made it by far my favorite game, and one of the most important aspects of my life. And among my time playing Minecraft, I have seldom encountered a construct as incredible as McCities. I love the server, its players, and even the simple skyline of Blumont or Golden Oaks as the sun's rays shine through the windows. It is probably the most unique and fun server I have ever played on and ever will play on.

And this is why it shatters my heart to say that I may not be on the server for much longer. This is not the fault of the economy, the players, the rules, the staff or anything else. It is merely the fault of the hardware that runs the server. The server now crashes frequently, with terrible lag spikes that either kick me off or undo everything that I have toiled to build. Items disappear during the lag, and mishaps become ubiquitous. I have waited for months now for the lag to get better, but it has actually worsened. The worst part about this, however, is not the gameplay issues. It is the fact that more and more people are leaving the server due to this. Our once incredibly rich community is slowly trickling away, like the atmosphere of a planet in the eternal void of space. Many people that I had come to know have now left, including the three friends that I had made on the server. Orion2k5, Maymayz1021, and Misterbook. They are gone now, and I will likely never see them again.

I will continue to play on the server for perhaps another month if the hardware issues do not intensify. However, If they are not fixed soon, I must leave. I cannot bear to watch while cheap computer hosting tears apart the community that treated me with such kindness. It may be cowardly, but if this is to continue, I would rather remain ignorant of the destruction of this great server than be forced to watch its downfall.

If the lag is fixed, I and many other overjoyed players will return to the server. I wish my friends will come back on too, though I am not in contact with them and therefore I can only hope. I implore the server to switch its host or resolve the issues. The last thing I want is to have to leave the server, which would be the worst thing to ever happen to me in the digital world. I feel a deep connection to McCities and above all its players. So please, save the server. Hundreds, possibly thousands of people implore you to.

So, with the utmost sincerity, I, Cozmicraft, would like to once again thank this incredible server for all it has done for me. And please, if the server is fixed after I leave, contact me on the forums. I hope to be an active member on the forums, even if I no longer play on the server.

T

Trump15024

To the wonderful players of McCities, I would like to first extend my thanks to you. You have made my day, every day and will always be remembered fondly.

Throughout my time as a player of Minecraft, I have experienced many things. Since I first downloaded the demo in 2012, the game has had a profound influence on me. The subtle beauty, diverse fanbase and incredible uniqueness have made it by far my favorite game, and one of the most important aspects of my life. And among my time playing Minecraft, I have seldom encountered a construct as incredible as McCities. I love the server, its players, and even the simple skyline of Blumont or Golden Oaks as the sun's rays shine through the windows. It is probably the most unique and fun server I have ever played on and ever will play on.

And this is why it shatters my heart to say that I may not be on the server for much longer. This is not the fault of the economy, the players, the rules, the staff or anything else. It is merely the fault of the hardware that runs the server. The server now crashes frequently, with terrible lag spikes that either kick me off or undo everything that I have toiled to build. Items disappear during the lag, and mishaps become ubiquitous. I have waited for months now for the lag to get better, but it has actually worsened. The worst part about this, however, is not the gameplay issues. It is the fact that more and more people are leaving the server due to this. Our once incredibly rich community is slowly trickling away, like the atmosphere of a planet in the eternal void of space. Many people that I had come to know have now left, including the three friends that I had made on the server. Orion2k5, Maymayz1021, and Misterbook. They are gone now, and I will likely never see them again.

I will continue to play on the server for perhaps another month if the hardware issues do not intensify. However, If they are not fixed soon, I must leave. I cannot bear to watch while cheap computer hosting tears apart the community that treated me with such kindness. It may be cowardly, but if this is to continue, I would rather remain ignorant of the destruction of this great server than be forced to watch its downfall.

If the lag is fixed, I and many other overjoyed players will return to the server. I wish my friends will come back on too, though I am not in contact with them and therefore I can only hope. I implore the server to switch its host or resolve the issues. The last thing I want is to have to leave the server, which would be the worst thing to ever happen to me in the digital world. I feel a deep connection to McCities and above all its players. So please, save the server. Hundreds, possibly thousands of people implore you to.

So, with the utmost sincerity, I, Cozmicraft, would like to once again thank this incredible server for all it has done for me. And please, if the server is fixed after I leave, contact me on the forums. I hope to be an active member on the forums, even if I no longer play on the server.
I wish you were he best of luck in the future and will miss seeing you on the server. Although there is not one Minecraft server I know of that has not experienced lag at some point. Yes there have been recently some hardware issues with the host etc but I have been playing for a year and a half now and I can only think of 3-5 times the server was down for a big issue like this. I know some servers that are so laggy it’s unbearable. McCities has been laggy lately but I don’t think it’s affecting the game play at all tbh. There are some big lags spikes once in a while but that happens with other servers too. Also the server owners are currently looking for a better host and hopefully this should solve the issues.

Reactions: Cozmicraft

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
I wish you were he best of luck in the future and will miss seeing you on the server. Although there is not one Minecraft server I know of that has not experienced lag at some point. Yes there have been recently some hardware issues with the host etc but I have been playing for a year and a half now and I can only think of 3-5 times the server was down for a big issue like this. I know some servers that are so laggy it’s unbearable. McCities has been laggy lately but I don’t think it’s affecting the game play at all tbh. There are some big lags spikes once in a while but that happens with other servers too. Also the server owners are currently looking for a better host and hopefully this should solve the issues.
I can barely play because of the lag

Reactions: Cozmicraft