Punishment For Unpaid Loans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
So this is just my suggestion for players who are unable to pay loans because right now the system sucks. From my experience, a player owed me 350k but couldn't/didn't pay it because they just never came online again. So as compensation I got one of their properties which was worth around 200k... not very fair to me right? So what I think should happen is that a player who doesn't pay back a loan has a week do to so, then cash/properties that are equal to the loan are sent to the person they owe. If this still does not add up they should be banned/eco wiped. The ban could be a couple days and when they come back money they make will go to the loan until they pay it off. Idk this is just what I want since I lost 150k for something I couldn't control.

Minty

Verified
Mintyness
Mintyness
Citizen
Dec 22, 2017
dreamstate
yes, seeing all these court cases about unpaid loans, i think there should actually be a loaning policy or something like that

Reactions: Ena

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Sign a contract and say in the contract what property your getting. Also yes tgat is the risk of loans. Sometimes you get refunded by staff too btw. Maybe only loan to citizen+ etc.

Just be carefull :)

Reactions: Minty and Death

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Sign a contract and say in the contract what property your getting. Also yes tgat is the risk of loans. Sometimes you get refunded by staff too btw. Maybe only loan to citizen+ etc.

Just be carefull :)
And what if they got no plots or sold it off, and dont really care much about mccities, so they can easily quit and give a damn about it they arent as players like us who are always close to it and would do what it takes to survive on here.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
And what if they got no plots or sold it off, and dont really care much about mccities, so they can easily quit and give a damn about it they arent as players like us who are always close to it and would do what it takes to survive on here.
Refund

Reactions: Minty

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Staff cant just refund if some guy loans another guy 10mil then he /gambles it and quit,
Unless if you mean refund by collateral he things the players has or own is fine.
He would be permanently banned. Also he took the money out of the system. So staff can bring it back in.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
He would be permanently banned. Also he took the money out of the system. So staff can bring it back in.
I mean thats just an example but he could use other ways to spend it like be ultra dumb and spend the 10mil on a whole set of prot 6 armor cause hes not experienced with mythics, staff cant just refund prot6 armor which wont reach up to 10mil?

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I mean thats just an example but he could use other ways to spend it like be ultra dumb and spend the 10mil on a whole set of prot 6 armor cause hes not experienced with mythics, staff cant just refund prot6 armor which wont reach up to 10mil?
Would make it harder. But its the reason why I don't do loans. It's a risk. But he is a scammer. Staff has the power to force people. They can force the mythic selle to buy the armour back and return the money. Idk.

But when this exact thing happens we will see not?

Reactions: Death and Minty

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
We can give money, properties, and/or items from the loanee to make up for an unpaid loan. But we won't be giving money through /eco to replace your money, so it's a gamble to give loans. Banning someone that didn't pay back a loan wouldn't really be fair, because if banned they can't earn money to pay back.

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
We can give money, properties, and/or items from the loanee to make up for an unpaid loan. But we won't be giving money through /eco to replace your money, so it's a gamble to give loans. Banning someone that didn't pay back a loan wouldn't really be fair, because if banned they can't earn money to pay back.
Yeah, that's understandable, but why should I be punished for their incompetence? And if they're not getting banned, their money should go to you until its payed off, but it doesn't. I mean for the person that owed me 350k, I should have been given their 60k in their balance and the 200k house, but instead I was out 150k which I worked for...

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Yeah, that's understandable, but why should I be punished for their incompetence? And if they're not getting banned, their money should go to you until its payed off, but it doesn't. I mean for the person that owed me 350k, I should have been given their 60k in their balance and the 200k house, but instead I was out 150k which I worked for...
As she said. The gamble of loans

Reactions: sundae22

oof

Verified
FunaxOn
FunaxOn
Citizen
Oct 18, 2017
yes
Lmao banning someone would just take longer for you to get your money oof

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
So this is just my suggestion for players who are unable to pay loans because right now the system sucks. From my experience, a player owed me 350k but couldn't/didn't pay it because they just never came online again. So as compensation I got one of their properties which was worth around 200k... not very fair to me right? So what I think should happen is that a player who doesn't pay back a loan has a week do to so, then cash/properties that are equal to the loan are sent to the person they owe. If this still does not add up they should be banned/eco wiped. The ban could be a couple days and when they come back money they make will go to the loan until they pay it off. Idk this is just what I want since I lost 150k for something I couldn't control.
That's called collateral, and these are player to player exchanges, this is not a server concern. Bans or automatic transfers are unspecified in agreements and are hence unpermitted. Maybe know who you're dealing with, and learn how to draft a loan agreement. Also tell me how your search for a non existent plot has gone.

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
That's called collateral, and these are player to player exchanges, this is not a server concern. Bans or automatic transfers are unspecified in agreements and are hence unpermitted. Maybe know who you're dealing with, and learn how to draft a loan agreement. Also tell me how your search for a non existent plot has gone.
Can you stop being an ass to me for no reason? Please, if you have nothing nice to say, keep your mouth closed. I DO have a loan agreement, and I do every time, but the server does not fully compensate for the money lost. And sure, let me run a back round check on every person on the server, why don't I? Lol, now I see why your title is "Maggot"... so rude.

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
Can you stop being an ass to me for no reason? Please, if you have nothing nice to say, keep your mouth closed. I DO have a loan agreement, and I do every time, but the server does not fully compensate for the money lost. And sure, let me run a back round check on every person on the server, why don't I? Lol, now I see why your title is "Maggot"... so rude.
Are you dumb? Who said it needed to be in cayman and yes, they do exist.
You really should follow your own advice. I haven't directly been rude to you, in fact rather the opposite. I've been passive aggressive more than anything else and showing spite gives no less credit to my comments before. Its not that hard to just ask around about someone, and you are suggesting ways of punishment that in no way compensate the loaner. Think of more productive ways for loans to be reimbursed.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
He isnt rude, hes tone may sound sorta harsh but hes just giving some feedback on the suggestion, it wasnt intended to sound rude. Also the title Maggot is pretty cool xd only like 3-4 players got it cause Coban gave it to them tbh its a cool role to have xd

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
You really should follow your own advice. I haven't directly been rude to you, in fact rather the opposite. I've been passive aggressive more than anything else and showing spite gives no less credit to my comments before. Its not that hard to just ask around about someone, and you are suggesting ways of punishment that in no way compensate the loaner. Think of more productive ways for loans to be reimbursed.
Yes, because being paid money does not compensate the loaner... you are so smart! There's no need to be "passive aggressive" just because you have a different opinion.

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
He isnt rude, hes tone may sound sorta harsh but hes just giving some feedback on the suggestion, it wasnt intended to sound rude. Also the title Maggot is pretty cool xd only like 3-4 players got it cause Coban gave it to them tbh its a cool role to have xd
Lol still gross to me. He is being rude as in the past he harassed me because I commented on a post that was looking for mountain plots which he doesn't believe exist, and then decided to bring it up again here for no other reason than to be nasty.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
@Trevor if you do believe he is being rude, just stand above him. This discussion has no real goal anyway a I suggest you both drop it (believe me, I know how discussions can go xd) rudeness is always an opinion not a fact. So if someone feels your being rude always give it a thought. People may read the same sentence and interpetate it differently.

My inspiring msg to both xd
In short. Drop it and be nice ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.