Recent Events – My Opinions

Betty1215

Minister Of Architecture
Sep 14, 2014
Hello everyone,

There have been some recent events going on concerning staff. In case you haven’t heard Offered (our dev), GameNinja (minister of finance) and jk (minister of property) quit their job as staff on the server. They have been hard working staff on this server for a while and have a lot of friends here. They still wanted to come to the server once in a while, but not as staff. GameNinja and jk later decided to start their own server because it would be a cool project. They wanted help so they asked their friends to help them. Because they had spent a lot of time on this server, their friends were other staff member of mccities. Therefore, some members of mccities became staff on their small and new server.

When the owners of mccities learns about this, they banned GameNinja and jk. They then demote and ban other staff members who helped them with their new server because they were “traitors”. I was told other reasons why people can’t be staff on 2 server is because they might share important information about mccities with the other server they work with and because they will spend less time on this server.

I shared my opinions about this on the staff group chat, but things can get crazy there and I don’t think I will be heard. So, I wanted to share this with everyone. In summary, I think this demoting and banning is wrong. In more detail:

- GameNinja and jk had quit being staff and therefore, became players on the server. So you guys banned PLAYERS for starting their own server. That is not right!

- Just because someone is helping their friend with a server doesn’t make them a traitor. It is not like they were thinking “I will betray mccities!” No! They just wanted to help a friend.

- You should be allowed to be staff on 2 or more servers. If you start to spend significantly less time here because of that, then the owners should have a chat with you and maybe demote you. But don’t demote and ban because of a “what if…”

- What important information might a staff share?! It is not like we have a super-secret formula. Most staff are not informed on important stuff anyways. And whatever is available to us is also available to anyone else.

- Being staff on more servers can actually be beneficial because the staff member learns a lot more.

- By doing all of this, you are losing staff members and players. The server is not growing, it is going backwards!

I am very upset and disappointed in what has been going on. I think we need to be more open minded. I know most of the players will disagree with me because you are thinking “Yes! More openings to be staff!” And the staff members will disagree with me because they don’t want to speak against the owners’ decisions.

I won't be surprised at this point if I get punished for sharing my opinions about this and disagreeing with the owners. But I just can’t stand on the sidelines! If I do get punished it will just prove my point, that the server is going downhill by losing people to silly reasons.

What do you all think?
If you have read all of this, thank you.

-Betty1215

P.S. I tried to explain my opinion in the most calm and reasonable fashion despite my sadness. If I offended anyone, sorry.

Reactions: Atlair

Betty1215

Minister Of Architecture
Sep 14, 2014
This post has been here for 2 days and hasn't passed moderation even though I know higher staff members have been online at the website. Why? No forum rules were broken. Can someone please make this public? I would do it myself but I don't think I should do that to my own post. @Zain @JustYourTypical @Coban @Ghibli_

G

Ghibli_

Oh! I didn't actually see that... Thread accepted of course.