Server Suggestion

EmileeJc

Jun 12, 2018
Cali ;)
Today I was playing and Many(owner) was on, he asked for player suggestions to help improve the server and one very big thing came to mind and I would like to mention it here as I think its important and quite useful.A Travel system throughout cities and towns
  1. Warps are not very helpful as they are extremely limited but perhaps warps to certain cities( which I think we should also think about becoming more player run as to give more goals freedom of market). I understand they are for government run things and quick jumps from frequented places but these could be expanded for better efficiency.
  2. Tunnel System: In my previous experience on a city sever extremely similar to McCities there was a tunnel system, and basically each town had its own portal and tunnel that would allow you to go specially to a certain town or maybe downtown in that same city. (If interest is taken McStaff feel free to send me a message and id love to show you the server that had this so you can better understand why I think it would be a great edition to do something like this)
  3. Taxi: Player run taxi business could be an idea to not only for travel but to expand on job ideas and possibilities, although I do see this as more of a role-play factor than a serious fix to travel
I think this is important because I often find myself warping to landmarks and wandering to find what I'm looking for or using /find to get in a city. I think that this would fix the issue of depending on a set home or wandering. It would also direct more traffic through cities where player run shops and apartments are allowing for business expansion and opportunity. Not only would regular players find this useful but also new players would have some sense of direction. Districts could be further used such as downtown, or suburban , mansion, apartment living so on and so on. I feel not only would travel be improved but the over all organization of the server via districting.

Dwimmer

Principal
jjaacckkssoonn
jjaacckkssoonn
Jun 21, 2018
Australia
google.com
There is a taxi job you can join already and you can get a car from /vehicle but because there is /warp and tpa no one is gonna bother so if we were to have that maybe removing warps and tpa or limiting it would have to be an option.

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

Lateley

Jan 11, 2019
Mars
so once I thought of removing all warps parts from /spawn, /warp bank and /warp city.m, and disable all /as tping, to promote the use of vehicles. But never spoke out to it cuz this change might be too significant.

EmileeJc

Jun 12, 2018
Cali ;)
Yeah that is something I forgot to acknowledge this would be a VERY significant change and would take lots of time but it can be done and would obviously have to be done over a period of time, which is why I see the tunnels working out best as it is building for the majority which can happen if the server was up or down.(Again the tunnels are kinda complicated to explain without seeing)

An easier solution would be to promote vehicle use they are quite efficient and fast but maybe road signs and maps or something would be needed, if vehicles was moved towards I agree with limited other. things to make the primary option

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
We are actually working on new travel systems and everything that comes with it. It takes time though, as we need to prepare every step before we can execute even 1.

Reactions: EmileeJc