Status
Not open for further replies.

ShimmyPaw

Verified
ShimmyPaw
ShimmyPaw
Jul 8, 2018
the abyss
1. What is your Minecraft username (ign)? ShimmyPaw. I go by Shimmy or Shim.

2. What subjects do you want to teach? (list 2 - 3 subjects that aren't taken and relates to Minecraft)

1. Slimefun Robotics (programming scripts for Androids or doing circuits)
  2. Server Economics (sort of a practical class for learning about businesses and selling products)
  3. Law (if it isn't already taken.)
3. What is you rank on the server? (Citizen, Millionaire, Police, etc) Citizen.

4. What would you do if a student wasn’t behaving appropriately in class?

Politely ask them to stop as a warning, then contact the principal, vice principal, or any staff member online to tell them the situation.

5. Do you have a discord account? (This is now required for teachers to communicate and plan as a team)

Yes, I do. I'd rather not share it publicly due to it being a private account, though.

6. What timezone are you in?( Important for knowing when to plan school)

EST.

7. Why do you want to become a teacher?

I'd like to become a teacher for one simple reason. No matter how cliché it is, I want to help the server community in any way I can. Becoming a teacher would mean I could teach new players some interesting topics, or just help out the server veterans once in a while.

8. Do you agree to be a good role model? As a teacher you should be responsible, mature, and follow the law. If a teacher is caught being a poor role model or breaking server rules they will be reprimanded.

I agree to be a good role model for other players. My personal view on it is that if you're a good role model, others will follow your example.

Small note! Since I have school IRL and all, I won't be as active, but I'm able to get on the server for at least three hours minimum a week. Thank you for your consideration! <3

ShimmyPaw

Verified
ShimmyPaw
ShimmyPaw
Jul 8, 2018
the abyss
I hope Slimefun Robotics sounds like a cool class idea to everyone. It’s something I thought would sound awesome to do.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Thanks for showering interest in applying, sorry for the late response.

Advanced Slimefun is taken but Robotics could possibly be an option if you ant to teach specifically on the different androids, and how to operate and work them.

Economics class is already taken by me but if you really wish to teach it I could possibly ask whoever the next principal or vice principal if I can let you teach it instead of me.

Would the economics revolve around real world economics or mccities economics or a synergy of both and how it can be related.

Law is not taken, could you elaborate more on what you plan to teach (the sub topics of the topics you chose) so we can get a slight overview of what your curriculum will be like.

Feel free to add any other topic you wish to choose or elaborate more on it.

We will get back to your application once a new principal/ vice principal is chosen!

ShimmyPaw

Verified
ShimmyPaw
ShimmyPaw
Jul 8, 2018
the abyss
Slimefun Robotics would be practical used for Androids, as you were saying in your post. The only problem would be unlocking them in my SF guide, but I can do that when I vote.

Economics would probably revolve around the server economy, as some newer players don't exactly know how to earn money or when to buy or sell things for the best profit. I'd rather teach Robotics, though.

Thanks for responding to my application.

Acer

Bpacer
Bpacer
Mar 4, 2018
Thank you for adding that note and I really appreciate it, although since you're not going to be active a lot that is going to affect your teaching. However, I love the little note you left to inform us. :D

Atlair

Former Staff
Verified
Jun 19, 2017
A Powerful Universe
Thank you for being honest, but we need very active teacher for school plannings. Throughout this time work on your activity for the server.

Application Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.