Not open for further replies.

ShimmyPaw

Verified
ShimmyPaw
ShimmyPaw
Jul 8, 2018
the abyss
What is your in game name?
My in-game name is ShimmyPaw, but please call me Shim or Shimmy.

What is your rank on the server?
I am Citizen rank currently. (I have enough money in my /bank to be Rich rank, however.)

What timezone are you in? (Important for planning school)
I am in EST.

What is your Ar Time? (Do /ar time)
Nine days and eight hours in total.

Why do you want to become a teacher?
I want to become a teacher on the server in order to help other players learn some of the more advanced elements of the server and how it functions, and how players can prosper and profit from the more difficult to master elements of the server. In addition, I feel as if I could teach most players on the server something new every class period.

What subjects do you want to teach in? Include 2-3 topics, in case one of your chosen subject(s) are already occupied. (Minecraft or McCities related topics only, as those are most pertinent to our students)

1.) Slimefun Robotics. This class would involve the use of basic Slimefun Androids, and using a textbook, students in the class will learn how to create their own "programs" by using the Android interface, learning how the Androids are crafted, and making them do work in a common base setting. (ex. a basic Miner Android set-up to make cobblestone from a generator.) [This is my main choice for a class.]

2.) Personal Finances. This class would teach students about two different subjects that alternate every class: investment using the /stocks plugin, which will teach players how the in-game stock market works, how stocks can be bought and sold, and how the market can fluctuate, or realty using the /as plugin, which would teach players how properties can be bought, remodeled, and sold for higher profits, how plots can increase and decrease in price over time, and what plots are good investments for the future.

3.) Chemistry. This class would teach students default Minecraft brewing methods and how to make a variety of potions. Bottles and brewing ingredients would be provided, and would let students learn how to make useful potions (like Strength and Speed potions).

How would you handle a situation if a student wasn't behaving in class?

I would call over a player who is of a higher position or standing, or someone who is monitoring the class, and privately message them that the student was misbehaving. Then, verbally give them a warning once. If this continues, I would send them to the principal's office immediately and stop the current class from proceeding. If somehow this continues, I would ask the principal and vice-principals if the student can have further punishment as a result of misbehavior.

Do you have an account for discord? (This is required for teachers to communicate and plan as a team)
Yes, I do. My current account is ShimmyPaw#0914.

Thank you for your consideration in advance.

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

Acer

Bpacer
Bpacer
Mar 4, 2018
May you please list more topics you'd like to teach?

ShimmyPaw

Verified
ShimmyPaw
ShimmyPaw
Jul 8, 2018
the abyss
I’ll teach Math if needed, General Sciences, so, doctor things (/disease check, how to cure disease, etc.) using a book I wrote a while ago, General Slimefun (crafting useful objects, like Infused Magnets or Slime Armor), or English (writing books using /library menu and how to write good/useful books.)

Reactions: ItzJazzMade
Status
Not open for further replies.